Wikimania 2016 Opening

Michele Lavazza

Dear all,

I just wanted to apologize on behalf of the organizing team for the inconvenience that affected today's live streaming of the opening talks in the Hall. The high quality videos are now available on the YouTube channel of the conference at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2mt6K2MEt_Kra7x1f-Bx8Q?app=desktop

I hope this can compensate to some extent.
Hope you will enjoy the next couple of days! Friendly regards,

Michele

Re: Wikimania 2016 Opening

DaB.
Hello.
Am 24.06.2016 um 22:45 schrieb Michele Lavazza:
> The high quality videos are now available on the YouTube channel of the
> conference
> athttps://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2mt6K2MEt_Kra7x1f-Bx8Q?app=desktop
> <https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2mt6K2MEt_Kra7x1f-Bx8Q?app=desktop>

Thanks for the publishing :-).

Will there also be an upload of the (non-copyright-problematic) videos
to Wikimedia Commons?

Sincerely,
DaB.

Re: Wikimania 2016 Opening

Mardetanha-2
is it full version or it is edited ?

Mardetanha

On Sat, Jun 25, 2016 at 2:30 PM, DaB. <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello.
Am 24.06.2016 um 22:45 schrieb Michele Lavazza:
> The high quality videos are now available on the YouTube channel of the
> conference
> athttps://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2mt6K2MEt_Kra7x1f-Bx8Q?app=desktop
> <https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2mt6K2MEt_Kra7x1f-Bx8Q?app=desktop>

Thanks for the publishing :-).

Will there also be an upload of the (non-copyright-problematic) videos
to Wikimedia Commons?

Sincerely,
DaB.

Re: Wikimania 2016 Opening

Dario Crespi
Yes, videos will be available on Commons as soon as possible (after their conversion in the correct extension). The main category is Category:Wikimania 2016.

Dario

Hello.
Am 24.06.2016 um 22:45 schrieb Michele Lavazza:
> The high quality videos are now available on the YouTube channel of the
> conference
> athttps://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2mt6K2MEt_Kra7x1f-Bx8Q?app=desktop
> <https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2mt6K2MEt_Kra7x1f-Bx8Q?app=desktop>

Thanks for the publishing :-).

Will there also be an upload of the (non-copyright-problematic) videos
to Wikimedia Commons?

Sincerely,
DaB.

Re: Wikimania 2016 Opening

Asaf Bartov-2
We can help port the CC-by videos to Commons, using https://tools.wmflabs.org/video2commons/

Here's Jimmy's opening keynote, which I just uploaded:

   A.

On Sat, Jun 25, 2016 at 3:00 AM, DaB. <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello.
Am 24.06.2016 um 22:45 schrieb Michele Lavazza:
> The high quality videos are now available on the YouTube channel of the
> conference
> athttps://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2mt6K2MEt_Kra7x1f-Bx8Q?app=desktop
> <https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2mt6K2MEt_Kra7x1f-Bx8Q?app=desktop>

Thanks for the publishing :-).

Will there also be an upload of the (non-copyright-problematic) videos
to Wikimedia Commons?

Sincerely,
DaB.

    Asaf Bartov
    Wikimedia Foundation

Imagine a world in which every single human being can freely share in the sum of all knowledge. Help us make it a reality!

Re: Wikimania 2016 Opening

Victor Grigas
Did anyone else notice a lag on the video/audio at the end of the video?

On Jun 25, 2016, at 11:28 AM, Asaf Bartov <[hidden email]> wrote:

We can help port the CC-by videos to Commons, using https://tools.wmflabs.org/video2commons/

Here's Jimmy's opening keynote, which I just uploaded:

   A.

On Sat, Jun 25, 2016 at 3:00 AM, DaB. <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello.
Am 24.06.2016 um 22:45 schrieb Michele Lavazza:
> The high quality videos are now available on the YouTube channel of the
> conference
> athttps://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2mt6K2MEt_Kra7x1f-Bx8Q?app=desktop
> <https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2mt6K2MEt_Kra7x1f-Bx8Q?app=desktop>

Thanks for the publishing :-).

Will there also be an upload of the (non-copyright-problematic) videos
to Wikimedia Commons?

Sincerely,
DaB.

    Asaf Bartov
    Wikimedia Foundation

Imagine a world in which every single human being can freely share in the sum of all knowledge. Help us make it a reality!

Re: Wikimania 2016 Opening

Nkansah Rexford
Woooow,

the video2commons is so cool!