Wikimania 2018, Wikidata in Medicine

abdelwaheb turki
Dear Mr. or Ms.,
I thank you for your answer. I will answer do a proposal to Wikimania conference 2018 entitled "Wikidata in Medicine: What, why and how" in which I introduce Wikidata as a medical knowledge database, I give an overview of successful experiences of medical applications of Wikidata, I show the useful functions that Medical Wikidata can do when completed, and I give to developers ideas of how Medical Wikidata can be automatically enriched based on eHealthMe, MeSH and Medline. I ask what is the best format for such proposals. I also ask if you are working on similar topics and like to merge your Wikiindaba proposal with this one or if you have some comments and questions about my proposal.
Yours Sincerely,
Houcemeddine Turki

Re: Wikimania 2018, Wikidata in Medicine

Leila Zia
Hi Houcemeddine,

On Sat, Mar 10, 2018 at 4:41 AM, abdelwaheb turki <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Dear Mr. or Ms.,
> I thank you for your answer. I will answer do a proposal to Wikimania
> conference 2018 entitled "Wikidata in Medicine: What, why and how" in which
> I introduce Wikidata as a medical knowledge database, I give an overview of
> successful experiences of medical applications of Wikidata, I show the
> useful functions that Medical Wikidata can do when completed, and I give to
> developers ideas of how Medical Wikidata can be automatically enriched
> based on eHealthMe, MeSH and Medline. I ask what is the best format for
> such proposals. I also ask if you are working on similar topics and like to
> merge your Wikiindaba proposal with this one or if you have some comments
> and questions about my proposal.

​You mention Wikiindaba [1], and I'm going to assume that you mean
Wikimania [2] throughout the above.

Given that your proposal is related to Wikidata, I suggest you check out
the list of Wikidata related submission for Wikimania 2018 [3] and continue
the conversation in the corresponding discussion pages and/or with the
authors of relevant submissions. For example, there is an item about
Wikidata for Medical Decision Support in that list. [4]

Best,
Leila

[1] https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/WikiIndaba_conference_2018
[2] https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimania_2018