Wikimania 2019 costs

Deryck Chan
Hello Wikimania community,

I'm applying for non-WMF funding to go to Wikimania. Can we have an indication from the organising team on what the costs of this year's Wikimania (registration and accommodation) are likely to be, so I can put down an amount for my funding application?

Deryck

Re: Wikimania 2019 costs

Eric Luth
Hi Deryck,

I would advise you to reach out directly to Irene Tait ([hidden email]) for this kind of questions, or look continuously on the Wikimania wiki (wikimania.org), where we are working as hard as we can to provide all information needed.

Best,
Eric Luth
Conference Manager, Wikimedia Sverige
+46 (0) 765 55 50 95

Stöd fri kunskap, bli medlem i Wikimedia Sverige.
Läs mer på blimedlem.wikimedia.se

Den fre 1 feb. 2019 kl 18:16 skrev Deryck Chan <[hidden email]>:
Hello Wikimania community,

I'm applying for non-WMF funding to go to Wikimania. Can we have an indication from the organising team on what the costs of this year's Wikimania (registration and accommodation) are likely to be, so I can put down an amount for my funding application?

Deryck

Re: Wikimania 2019 costs

Naureen
Hi:

I live in Stockholm now. Let me know if anyone needs my help with finding housing, or giving you some approximate of costs per day for certain things. Looking forward to a reunion with people I met at Wikimania London and Mexico City.

If anyone wants to reach out to me to discuss their extended trip or for anything else, let me know. I’ll be preparing a housing spreadsheet for those coming from London and perhaps it can help anyone who needs to show options for non Wikimania funded travel.

Kind Regards:
[techistoria]

On Fri, Feb 1, 2019 at 6:16 PM, Deryck Chan <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello Wikimania community,

I'm applying for non-WMF funding to go to Wikimania. Can we have an indication from the organising team on what the costs of this year's Wikimania (registration and accommodation) are likely to be, so I can put down an amount for my funding application?

Deryck
Naureen Nayyar
Naureen.co
+1.646.481.6672
@norabean

Re: Wikimania 2019 costs

balaji
Hi Naureen,
Nice of you to take this initiative.

Regards,
J.Balaji

On Fri, Feb 8, 2019, 1:11 PM Naureen <[hidden email] wrote:
[...]

Dhaval S. Vyas
Hi Nauseen,

That's so nice of you. I am in London and planning to come, I'll probably be the first one to contact you for guidance.

Regards,
Dhaval Vyas

On Fri, 8 Feb 2019, 07:41 Naureen <[hidden email] wrote:
[...]

Irene Tait
Hey Deryck (and others with the same question),

Thanks for posing this. I can't give you any hard numbers to put down in your application, as we're still in the planning stages for this Wikimania. More info about the exact prices of Wikimania will be available when registration goes live sometime in the late spring.

What I can tell you now is that registration costs will likely be similar to Cape Town, but will be raised slightly due to Stockholm's more expensive nature.  As for the hotel, we will be offering a similar booking situation as last year, where we partner with a hotel that provides a number of rooms at a discounted rate when booked using a specific code or via a specific link - those rates will likely be between 1250 and 1350 SEK a night.

Thanks much,

Irene Tait
Conference Assistant
c. 510 423 1153

On Fri, Feb 1, 2019 at 9:16 AM Deryck Chan <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello Wikimania community,

I'm applying for non-WMF funding to go to Wikimania. Can we have an indication from the organising team on what the costs of this year's Wikimania (registration and accommodation) are likely to be, so I can put down an amount for my funding application?

Deryck

Re: Wikimania 2019 costs

Deryck Chan
Dear Irene (and the rest of the Wikimania team),

Are we talking about 1250-1350 SEK per person per night, or per room (presumably two people) per night?

Deryck

On Mon, 11 Feb 2019 at 16:12, Irene Tait <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

The 1250-1350 SEK is per room per night.

Thanks,

Irene