Wikimania 2019

Ellie Young

All,

On behalf of the Wikimania Steering Committee and the Wikimedia Foundation, I am pleased to announce that we have decided to have Wikimania located in Sweden in 2019. The proposal from the Wikimedia Sweden chapter was accepted. The committee appreciates and values the long standing interest of Wikimania Sweden to host an event, and we believe that hosting Wikimania will be an opportunity to boost Wikimedia projects there with a specific focus on public art, a field in which the Swedish Sverige team has been particularly active.  The exact location of the conference will be confirmed at a later date.

The Wikimania Committee reviewed and discussed four very strong proposals to host Wikimania in 2019. We would also like to thank the proposers from Sweden, Armenia, Perth, and Prague for all their efforts in putting together materials for our consideration and their time spent discussing the possibilities. It is very encouraging to have so much interest from our community from individuals who wish to lead and contribute to Wikimania.

Please join us in congratulating the Wikimedia Wikimedia Sverige!

Sincerely,

Ellie Young

WMF Events Manager

On behalf of the Wikimania Steering Committee and Wikimedia Foundation

​

Re: Wikimania 2019

Stryn@Wikimedia
Grattis!

-Stryn

Sent from mobile

7.2.2018 3.59 "Ellie Young" <[hidden email]> kirjoitti:

[...]

Rémy Gerbet
Congratulations to all and particularly to Wikimedia Sverige  :)

Gerbet Rémy
Chargé de Mission Politique Territoriale
07 84 37 91 04
WIKIMEDIA FRANCE
Association pour le libre partage de la connaissance
www.wikimedia.fr

[...]

balaji
Congrats to  the volunteers of Wikimedia Sverige who have put lot of hard work to make this into reality.

Best wishes..

Cheers,
J. Balaji

On Wed, Feb 7, 2018 at 1:45 PM, Rémy Gerbet <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Gnangarra
Congratulations from Perth Bid team, & Wikimedia Australia to Wikimedia  Sverige and the people who put the effort in to make it possible.

On 7 February 2018 at 19:21, balaji <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Out now: A.Gaynor, P. Newman and P. Jennings (eds.), Never Again: Reflections on Environmental Responsibility after Roe 8, UWAP, 2017.  Order here.

Re: Wikimania 2019

Naureen
Grattis! I’m in Sweden now! If any of you want help with planning, do let me know while I’m around attending school in Stockholm.

Naureen

On Wed, Feb 7, 2018 at 1:19 PM, Sailesh Patnaik <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Naureen Nayyar
Naureen.co
+1.646.481.6672
@norabean

Re: Wikimania 2019

Itzik - Wikimedia Israel
Congratulations Wikimedia Sweden!

WMSE is one of the strongest and most creative chapters and I'm sure Wikimania 2019 will be an amazing event!

Itzik Edri

Chairperson
[hidden email]