Wikimania Awards closed early without warning

Wikimania Awards closed early without warning

Nicholas Moreau
The time is now roughly 17:29 UTC.

The Wikimania Awards submission period was to end at 23:59 UTC.

The page has been protected. Why is it protected, may I ask? I had
just emailed a photographer who has stuff on Commons, to suggest he
add his own pictures to the nominees.

I would have nominated his images, myself, but there's some weird rule
stating that "Each project was created by the submitter," thus unless
you created and uploaded the image, you can't nominate it.

Nick

Re: Wikimania Awards closed early without warning

Ted Chien
Hi,

I'm editing the page due to the award jury discussion tonight. I will unlock
the page in about 1 hour. I lock the page because some volunteer changed the
rule without jury's agreement.

I lock the templates also because all submit templates will be mixed into 1
template in jury's discussion.

The due time will be extended again to 4:00 UTC August 5, 2007 (12am August
5, 2007, Taipei time), so you still have time to submit the pictures after I
unlock the pages.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

H.T. (Ted)

Cary Bass-3
Hsiang-Tai (Ted) Chien wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm editing the page due to the award jury discussion tonight. I will unlock
> the page in about 1 hour. I lock the page because some volunteer changed the
> rule without jury's agreement.
>
> I lock the templates also because all submit templates will be mixed into 1
> template in jury's discussion.
>
> The due time will be extended again to 4:00 UTC August 5, 2007 (12am August
> 5, 2007, Taipei time), so you still have time to submit the pictures after I
> unlock the pages.
>
> Sorry for the inconvenience.
Just to clarify, that's 12pm Taipei time (noon).

Cary