Wikimania moderators

Angela-5
I'm going to be co-ordinating Wikimania moderators.

If you would like to volunteer, please let me know as soon as
possible, along with details of whether there are any times you can't
do, or any sessions on http//wikimania2006.wikimedia.org/wiki/Schedule
that you have a preference for moderating.

Moderating basically involves introducing the speaker and then making
sure they finish on time, and sometimes handling questions from the
audience at the end when there's time for a Q&A session. You will also
need to find the speaker before the event and make sure they're happy
with the arrangements and know where they're going. You don't need any
technical knowledge since other people will be available for making
sure any recording devices and projectors are set up.

Angela.

Re: Wikimania moderators

Angela-5
Thanks to everyone who has volunteered so far. I'm still looking for
moderators for the following sessions. If you can do one of these,
please let me know.

I also need some room-only moderators to help those running
self-moderated workshops and discussions - you'd just need to help
them find them room and don't need to introduce anyone or moderate
anything.

Session 1c: Derek Lackaff and Alexander Halavis and Jim Giles
Session 1d: Piotr Konieczny
Session 1e: Chris Messina
Session 2b: Adriana Amaral, Daniel Caeton, and Panagiota Alevizou
Session 2c: Elijah Meeks and Martin Walker
Session 3a: Ken Myers, Olivera Medenica, Kaiser Wahab, Wendy Seltzer,
Jonathan Zittrain
Session 3d: Alexis Rondeau and Stan Wiechers
Session 4a: Yochai Benkler and Rishab Ghosh
Session 8b: Betsy Devine and Joe Reagle
Session 8d: Kelly Martin

There are also three technical sessions that need moderators:
Session 4d: Brion Vibber and hacking days review
Session 6b: Christoph Sauer, Chris Luer, Darniet Jennings, Timothy Chklovski
Session 7c: Technical lightning talks/future of search. Then Paul
Sponagl and Kasper Souren

Room-only:
Most of the sessions in the final 2 columns of
http://wikimania2006.wikimedia.org/wiki/Schedule

Thanks.

Angela.

Re: Wikimania moderators

Jean-Baptiste Soufron-2
Well, I know Rishab Ghosh already. So I would be glad to help for
session 4a.

I also know Wendy Seltzer a little bit, so maybe I could also help
for session 3a.

Best,

Jean-Baptiste Soufron
cersa-cnrs paris 2
http://soufron.typhon.net
+33 (0) 617 962 457

Le 24 juil. 06 à 06:23, Angela a écrit :

> Thanks to everyone who has volunteered so far. I'm still looking for
> moderators for the following sessions. If you can do one of these,
> please let me know.
>
> I also need some room-only moderators to help those running
> self-moderated workshops and discussions - you'd just need to help
> them find them room and don't need to introduce anyone or moderate
> anything.
>
> Session 1c: Derek Lackaff and Alexander Halavis and Jim Giles
> Session 1d: Piotr Konieczny
> Session 1e: Chris Messina
> Session 2b: Adriana Amaral, Daniel Caeton, and Panagiota Alevizou
> Session 2c: Elijah Meeks and Martin Walker
> Session 3a: Ken Myers, Olivera Medenica, Kaiser Wahab, Wendy Seltzer,
> Jonathan Zittrain
> Session 3d: Alexis Rondeau and Stan Wiechers
> Session 4a: Yochai Benkler and Rishab Ghosh
> Session 8b: Betsy Devine and Joe Reagle
> Session 8d: Kelly Martin
>
> There are also three technical sessions that need moderators:
> Session 4d: Brion Vibber and hacking days review
> Session 6b: Christoph Sauer, Chris Luer, Darniet Jennings, Timothy
> Chklovski
> Session 7c: Technical lightning talks/future of search. Then Paul
> Sponagl and Kasper Souren
>
> Room-only:
> Most of the sessions in the final 2 columns of
> http://wikimania2006.wikimedia.org/wiki/Schedule
>

> Thanks.
>
> Angela.

Re: [Wikitech-l] Wikimania moderators

The Cunctator
I'd love to moderate Brion's session.

On 7/22/06, Angela <[hidden email]> wrote:
Sorry to those who already read this on wikimania-l, but I'm
especially looking for people who will understand the tech sessions at
Wikimania to act as moderators for those.

If you would like to volunteer, please let me know as soon as possible.

Moderating basically involves introducing the speaker and then making
sure they finish on time, and sometimes handling questions from the
audience at the end when there's time for a Q&A session. You will also
need to find the speaker before the event and make sure they're happy
with the arrangements and know where they're going.

The "Technical infrastructure" sessions that need moderating include:

Session 4 (Saturday)
    * Brion Vibber: Hacking MediaWiki
    * Hacking days review

Session 6 (Saturday)
    * Christoph Sauer: What you see is wiki - Questioning WYSIWYG in
the internet age
    * Darniet Jennings: Why WYSIWIKI?
    * Timothy Chklovski: Collecting Computer-useable knowledge from
volunteer contributors
    * Chris Luer: Disambiguation: the key to information architecture?

Session 7 (Sunday)
    * Technical lightning talks/future of search
    * Paul Sponagl: Device independent access to Wikipedia
    * Kasper Souren: Wikipedia on the Nokia 770

Angela

Re: Wikimania moderators

Jean-Baptiste Soufron-2
please confirm if you need me as moderator...

best,

Jean-Baptiste Soufron
cersa-cnrs paris 2
http://soufron.typhon.net