Wikimania registration opens

SJ-5
Dear all,

Registration is now open for this summer's Wikimania, which will run
from August 4-6 at Harvard Law School, in Cambridge, Massachusetts.

http://wm06reg.wikimedia.org/
http://wikimania2006.wikimedia.org/wiki/Main_Page

We are hoping to limit registration to community members this week,
before opening registration to the rest of the world.

The registration rate for community members is $70 for all three days
of the conference; housing is available in the law school dorms right
next to the venue.  Register soon if you want this on-campus housing;
as space in the dorms is limited.

Cheers,
    Sj

PS - Please help translate and distribute a short notice to your
favorite projects:
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Translation_requests/Wikimania/Announcements
  ...and note where you've sent it :
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Talk:Translation_requests/Wikimania/Announcements

Re: Wikimania registration opens

mapocathy
Hoi SJ and folks :)

I translated the Chinese version of the announcement and am posting that to the chinese wiki chatrooms.

Will ask them where to put the announcement link since they are organizing the Chinese Wikipedian meeting at the same time, don't want to confuse them ;)

Best,
Cathy

On 5/9/06, SJ <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

MPhil Candidate,
Department of Sociology,
The University of Hong Kong
http://hku.hk/cathyma

Re: Wikimania registration opens

SJ-5
Hi there :-)   It may be worth noting that one of the inns closest to
Harvard, "A Friendly Inn"[1], offers both English and Chinese
correspondence & service.

--SJ

[1] http://www.bbonline.com/ma/friendly/index.html
    Contact: <[hidden email]>

On 5/9/06, Cathy Ma <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hoi SJ and folks :)
>
> I translated the Chinese version of the announcement and am posting that to
> the chinese wiki chatrooms.
>
> Will ask them where to put the announcement link since they are organizing
> the Chinese Wikipedian meeting at the same time, don't want to confuse them
> ;)
>
> Best,
> Cathy
>

> On 5/9/06, SJ <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
>  Dear all,
>
> Registration is now open for this summer's Wikimania, which will run
> from August 4-6 at Harvard Law School, in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
>
> http://wm06reg.wikimedia.org/
> http://wikimania2006.wikimedia.org/wiki/Main_Page
>
> We are hoping to limit registration to community members this week,
> before opening registration to the rest of the world.
>
> The registration rate for community members is $70 for all three days
> of the conference; housing is available in the law school dorms right
> next to the venue.  Register soon if you want this on-campus housing;
> as space in the dorms is limited.
>
> Cheers,
>     Sj
>
> PS - Please help translate and distribute a short notice to your
> favorite projects:
> http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Translation_requests/Wikimania/Announcements
>   ...and note where you've sent it :
> http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Talk:Translation_requests/Wikimania/Announcements

> MPhil Candidate,
> Department of Sociology,
> The University of Hong Kong
>  http://hku.hk/cathyma

++SJ

Re: Wikimania registration opens

mapocathy
Thanks for reminding, SJ.  It's done.

=)
Cathy

On 5/9/06, SJ <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi there :-)   It may be worth noting that one of the inns closest to
Harvard, "A Friendly Inn"[1], offers both English and Chinese
correspondence & service.

--SJ

[1] http://www.bbonline.com/ma/friendly/index.html
    Contact: <[hidden email]>

On 5/9/06, Cathy Ma <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hoi SJ and folks :)
>
> I translated the Chinese version of the announcement and am posting that to
> the chinese wiki chatrooms.
>
> Will ask them where to put the announcement link since they are organizing
> the Chinese Wikipedian meeting at the same time, don't want to confuse them
> ;)
>
> Best,
> Cathy
>

> On 5/9/06, SJ <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
>  Dear all,
>
> Registration is now open for this summer's Wikimania, which will run
> from August 4-6 at Harvard Law School, in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
>
> http://wm06reg.wikimedia.org/
> http://wikimania2006.wikimedia.org/wiki/Main_Page
>
> We are hoping to limit registration to community members this week,
> before opening registration to the rest of the world.
>
> The registration rate for community members is $70 for all three days
> of the conference; housing is available in the law school dorms right
> next to the venue.  Register soon if you want this on-campus housing;
> as space in the dorms is limited.
>
> Cheers,
>     Sj
>
> PS - Please help translate and distribute a short notice to your
> favorite projects:
> http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Translation_requests/Wikimania/Announcements
>   ...and note where you've sent it :
> http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Talk:Translation_requests/Wikimania/Announcements

> MPhil Candidate,
> Department of Sociology,
> The University of Hong Kong
>   http://hku.hk/cathyma

++SJ

MPhil Candidate,
Department of Sociology,
The University of Hong Kong
http://hku.hk/cathyma

Re: Wikimania registration opens

OTA Takashi-2
Hi folks,

From: SJ <[hidden email]>
Subject: [Translators-l] Wikimania registration opens
Date: Mon, 8 May 2006 20:23:42 -0400

> PS - Please help translate and distribute a short notice to your
> favorite projects:
> http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Translation_requests/Wikimania/Announcements

I updated the Japanese version of the announcement (while watching
Nintendo E3 Press Conference streaming :p)

--OTA Takashi