Wikimania's 78-year-old sponsor

Nicholas Michael Bashour
Dear All,

We have just published a blog post on Irene Lynch, a 78-year-old great
grandmother, artist, and storyteller who loves Wikipedia and has
donated $5,000 to Wikimania 2012. She's very passionate and plans on
attending Wikimania in July, so hopefully you will all get a chance to
meet her.

http://blog.wikimediadc.org/2012/05/youre-never-too-old-for-wikipedia/

Sincerely,

Nicholas Michael Bashour
President
Wikimedia District of Columbia
Washington, DC, USA

Re: Wikimania's 78-year-old sponsor

Orsolya Gyenes
This is awesome!

The sponsorship team really did a nice job so far!

Congrats!

~Orsolya
Deputy Program Chair

2012/5/7 Nicholas Michael Bashour <[hidden email]>
Dear All,

We have just published a blog post on Irene Lynch, a 78-year-old great
grandmother, artist, and storyteller who loves Wikipedia and has
donated $5,000 to Wikimania 2012. She's very passionate and plans on
attending Wikimania in July, so hopefully you will all get a chance to
meet her.

http://blog.wikimediadc.org/2012/05/youre-never-too-old-for-wikipedia/

Sincerely,

Nicholas Michael Bashour
President
Wikimedia District of Columbia
Washington, DC, USA

Re: Wikimania's 78-year-old sponsor

Nicholas Michael Bashour
Incidentally, she asked me about how many people over 50-years-old work with or
for WMF (and by extension, the chapters), so if anyone has the answer,
please let me know :)

Sincerely,

Nicholas Michael Bashour
President
Wikimedia District of Columbia
Washington, DC, USA

2012/5/7 Nicholas Michael Bashour <[hidden email]>:

> Dear All,
>
> We have just published a blog post on Irene Lynch, a 78-year-old great
> grandmother, artist, and storyteller who loves Wikipedia and has
> donated $5,000 to Wikimania 2012. She's very passionate and plans on
> attending Wikimania in July, so hopefully you will all get a chance to
> meet her.
>
> http://blog.wikimediadc.org/2012/05/youre-never-too-old-for-wikipedia/
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Nicholas Michael Bashour
> President
> Wikimedia District of Columbia
> Washington, DC, USA

Re: Wikimania's 78-year-old sponsor

Roan Kattouw-2
On Mon, May 7, 2012 at 12:30 PM, Nicholas Michael Bashour
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Incidentally, she asked me about how many people over 50-years-old work with or
> for WMF (and by extension, the chapters), so if anyone has the answer,
> please let me know :)

At least for WMF this is something that our HR dept should be able to
provide anonymized numbers for. I'll walk over and ask.

Roan

Re: Wikimania's 78-year-old sponsor

Itzik Edri
I know WMDE have at least one :)

On Mon, May 7, 2012 at 1:01 PM, Roan Kattouw <[hidden email]> wrote:
> On Mon, May 7, 2012 at 12:30 PM, Nicholas Michael Bashour
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Incidentally, she asked me about how many people over 50-years-old work with or
>> for WMF (and by extension, the chapters), so if anyone has the answer,
>> please let me know :)
>>
> At least for WMF this is something that our HR dept should be able to
> provide anonymized numbers for. I'll walk over and ask.

The following data was kindly provided by Joady from HR: of the 90
people in payroll (note: this counts employees but not contractors;
she said contractor data would be harder to get), 8 people are 50 or
over, and 26 people are 40 or over.

Roan

Re: Wikimania's 78-year-old sponsor

Nicholas Michael Bashour
Thanks for this information, Roan and Joady :)

2012/5/7 Roan Kattouw <[hidden email]>:

> On Mon, May 7, 2012 at 1:01 PM, Roan Kattouw <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> On Mon, May 7, 2012 at 12:30 PM, Nicholas Michael Bashour
>> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> Incidentally, she asked me about how many people over 50-years-old work with or
>>> for WMF (and by extension, the chapters), so if anyone has the answer,
>>> please let me know :)
>>>
>> At least for WMF this is something that our HR dept should be able to
>> provide anonymized numbers for. I'll walk over and ask.
>>
> The following data was kindly provided by Joady from HR: of the 90
> people in payroll (note: this counts employees but not contractors;
> she said contractor data would be harder to get), 8 people are 50 or
> over, and 26 people are 40 or over.
>
> Roan

Re: Wikimania's 78-year-old sponsor

Lodewijk
My gut feeling is that percentage is higher in chapters than in the WMF - based on who I know. But I doubt anyone can get you any quick solid numbers on it though.

Lodewijk

2012/5/7 Nicholas Michael Bashour <[hidden email]>
Thanks for this information, Roan and Joady :)

Sincerely,

Nicholas Michael Bashour
President
Wikimedia District of Columbia
Washington, DC, USA

2012/5/7 Roan Kattouw <[hidden email]>:
> On Mon, May 7, 2012 at 1:01 PM, Roan Kattouw <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> On Mon, May 7, 2012 at 12:30 PM, Nicholas Michael Bashour
>> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> Incidentally, she asked me about how many people over 50-years-old work with or
>>> for WMF (and by extension, the chapters), so if anyone has the answer,
>>> please let me know :)
>>>
>> At least for WMF this is something that our HR dept should be able to
>> provide anonymized numbers for. I'll walk over and ask.
>>
> The following data was kindly provided by Joady from HR: of the 90
> people in payroll (note: this counts employees but not contractors;
> she said contractor data would be harder to get), 8 people are 50 or
> over, and 26 people are 40 or over.
>
> Roan

Re: Wikimania's 78-year-old sponsor

kannan shanmugam
we, ml. wikikipedia (Malayalam,Kerala.India) have one babuji, 76 years old. An active contributor

Kannan

--
Kannan shanmugam

Re: Wikimania's 78-year-old sponsor

Samat-2
There are 13 members, 6 active volunteers and 0 employee over 50-years-old in the Hungarian chapter.

Samat

On Tue, May 8, 2012 at 3:21 AM, kannan shanmugam <[hidden email]> wrote:
we, ml. wikikipedia (Malayalam,Kerala.India) have one babuji, 76 years old. An active contributor

Kannan

On Tue, May 8, 2012 at 2:07 AM, Lodewijk <[hidden email]> wrote:
My gut feeling is that percentage is higher in chapters than in the WMF - based on who I know. But I doubt anyone can get you any quick solid numbers on it though.

Lodewijk

2012/5/7 Nicholas Michael Bashour <[hidden email]>
Thanks for this information, Roan and Joady :)

Sincerely,

Nicholas Michael Bashour
President
Wikimedia District of Columbia
Washington, DC, USA

2012/5/7 Roan Kattouw <[hidden email]>:
> On Mon, May 7, 2012 at 1:01 PM, Roan Kattouw <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> On Mon, May 7, 2012 at 12:30 PM, Nicholas Michael Bashour
>> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> Incidentally, she asked me about how many people over 50-years-old work with or
>>> for WMF (and by extension, the chapters), so if anyone has the answer,
>>> please let me know :)
>>>
>> At least for WMF this is something that our HR dept should be able to
>> provide anonymized numbers for. I'll walk over and ask.
>>
> The following data was kindly provided by Joady from HR: of the 90
> people in payroll (note: this counts employees but not contractors;
> she said contractor data would be harder to get), 8 people are 50 or
> over, and 26 people are 40 or over.
>
> Roan

Re: Wikimania's 78-year-old sponsor

Rich Farmbrough
While I don't work for either I celebrated my 50th just recently.  And I
don't look a day over 49.

On 07/05/2012 20:30, Nicholas Michael Bashour wrote:

> Incidentally, she asked me about how many people over 50-years-old work with or
> for WMF (and by extension, the chapters), so if anyone has the answer,
> please let me know :)
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Nicholas Michael Bashour
> President
> Wikimedia District of Columbia
> Washington, DC, USA
>

> 2012/5/7 Nicholas Michael Bashour<[hidden email]>:
>> Dear All,
>>
>> We have just published a blog post on Irene Lynch, a 78-year-old great
>> grandmother, artist, and storyteller who loves Wikipedia and has
>> donated $5,000 to Wikimania 2012. She's very passionate and plans on
>> attending Wikimania in July, so hopefully you will all get a chance to
>> meet her.
>>
>> http://blog.wikimediadc.org/2012/05/youre-never-too-old-for-wikipedia/
>>
>> Sincerely,
>>
>> Nicholas Michael Bashour
>> President
>> Wikimedia District of Columbia
>> Washington, DC, USA

Re: Wikimania's 78-year-old sponsor

Sylvain Boissel
Hello,

Here at Wikimedia France, out of 300 members, only 84 gave us their birthdate, and 21 of them are 50 years old or more. 14 are between 40 and 50 years old.

Nobody in the staff is 50+, and one staff member is between 40 and 50.

Hope this help,
Sylvain.

2012/5/9 Richard Farmbrough <[hidden email]>
[...]

Chargé de mission communauté et technologie de Wikimédia France
tél 07.62.93.42.02 - email [hidden email] - twitter @sboissel

Imaginez un monde où chaque personne sur la planète aurait librement accès à la totalité du savoir humain. C'est notre engagement. Aidez Wikimedia France à en faire une réalité.

Re: Wikimania's 78-year-old sponsor

Josh Lim
Not sure how many in Wikimedia Philippines are over 50, but I think we have one or two around. :)

Josh

Wiadomość napisana przez Sylvain Boissel w dniu 9 maj 2012, o godz. 10:41:

[...]

JAMES JOSHUA G. LIM
Block I1, AB Political Science
Major in Global Politics, Minor in Chinese Studies
Class of 2013, Ateneo de Manila University
Quezon City, Metro Manila, Philippines

Vice-President (2011-2012), Wikimedia Philippines
Member, Ateneo Debate Society
Member, The Assembly
Member, Ateneo Lingua Ars Cultura

[hidden email] | +63 (927) 531-8301
Friendster/Facebook/Twitter: akiestar | Wikimedia: Sky Harbor
http://akira123323.livejournal.com

Re: Wikimania's 78-year-old sponsor

Galileo Vidoni
Wikimedia Argentina: out of 71 members we have 17 40+ members, 10 of whom are 50+, meaning that around 15% of our members are more than 50 years old.

Best,

Galileo Vidoni
Vicepresidente
A. C. Wikimedia Argentina

On Wed, May 9, 2012 at 7:33 AM, Josh Lim <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

[hidden email] | <a href="tel:%2B63%20%28927%29%20531-8301" value="+639275318301" target="_blank">+63 (927) 531-8301