Wikimania stuffs on meta

KIZU Naoko
Lately I found some 'Mania 2005 related things on meta are ranked very
high in some circumstances - by a certain language searching in
particular.

For example:
http://www.google.fr/search?hs=ayr&hl=fr&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla%3Afr%3Aofficial&q=wikimania&btnG=Rechercher&meta=lr%3Dlang_fr

I was adviced to remove those 2005 related stuffs. Move or soft
redirects are also possible solutions, but personally I hesitate to
blank them. If we turn them into redirect, it would be a question
where they should go.

Any solution idea?

--
Aphaia
aka

Re: Wikimania stuffs on meta

metasj

As a short term solution : adding a template at the top of each directing
people to the Wikimania2006 site (and noting the rest is an archive) would
be useful.

SJ