[Wikimedia Announcements] 72 hours with Rodin editathon in Mexico City

[Wikimedia Announcements] 72 hours with Rodin editathon in Mexico City

Ivan Martínez
Hi everyone.

This June, Wikimedia Mexico will run the editathon 72 hours with Rodin a huge journey from June 9 to 12 at Museo Soumaya[1]. This time we're trying to break our previous record (60 continuous hours), this time we're trying to achieve an even greater marathon: more than 70 continuous hours editing Wikipedia, Wikimedia Commons, Wikidata and Wikisource. We are celebrating the arrival to the museum of one of Auguste Rodin's masterpieces: ''The Gates of Hell'', so, we will have a celebration about art and free knowledge which will include talks, theater pieces, guided tours, workshops and fun time activities as karaoke nights. You saw it at Wikimania, Wikimedia Mexico volunteers love fun also :) The museum will be open also to public during that 72 hours.

The editathon will focus on Auguste Rodin works and the Museo Soumaya collections, but beyond that we have higher goals like completing the full list of museums in Mexico and at least 50 biographies on importan women in art and feminism as part of our permanent and transversal Gender Gap Reduction Strategy. In this list (in Spanish)[2] you can find more about the event and the list of articles. As in other editathons at Museo Soumaya[3], we are inviting all Wikimedia chapters and affiliates to join this effort and support us translating articles to more languages. As you can see in the list, this time we are doing a detailed logistic which involves pairing Wikimedia Mexico volunteers with museum staff (researchers and/or curators), aiming to increase experience of the museum’s staff on Wikipedia.

72 hours with Rodin will pursuit to set a new record and it’s an event prepared since January, escalating in intensity since two months ago with the coordination by Andrés Cruz y Corro (User:Andycyca), head of volunteers in Wikimania 2015. As a matter of fact, 60% of the Wikimania 2015 Yellow Army will be present on the event.

We will love to have support from Wikimedia community in the translation of the articles produced in the editathon to more languages of the globe. Please don’t hesitate if you want to join the editathon!

Best,

Iván Martínez
President

Re: [Wikimedia-l] [Wikimedia Announcements] 72 hours with Rodin editathon in Mexico City

Nurunnaby Hasive-3
Great to know Ivan. All the best for Wikimedia Mexico.

Hasive
WMBD

On Fri, Jun 3, 2016 at 5:43 AM, Ivan Martínez <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi everyone.
>
> This June, Wikimedia Mexico will run the editathon* 72 hours with Rodin*
> a huge journey from June 9 to 12 at Museo Soumaya[1]. This time we're
> trying to break our previous record (60 continuous hours), this time we're
> trying to achieve an even greater marathon: more than 70 continuous hours
> editing Wikipedia, Wikimedia Commons, Wikidata and Wikisource. We are
> celebrating the arrival to the museum of one of Auguste Rodin's
> masterpieces: ''The Gates of Hell'', so, we will have a celebration about
> art and free knowledge which will include talks, theater pieces, guided
> tours, workshops and fun time activities as karaoke nights. You saw it at
> Wikimania, Wikimedia Mexico volunteers love fun also :) The museum will be
> open also to public during that 72 hours.
>
> The editathon will focus on Auguste Rodin works and the Museo Soumaya
> collections, but beyond that we have higher goals like completing the full
> list of museums in Mexico and at least 50 biographies on importan women in
> art and feminism as part of our permanent and transversal Gender Gap
> Reduction Strategy. In this list (in Spanish)[2] you can find more about
> the event and the list of articles. As in other editathons at Museo
> Soumaya[3], we are inviting all Wikimedia chapters and affiliates to join
> this effort and support us translating articles to more languages. As you
> can see in the list, this time we are doing a detailed logistic which
> involves pairing Wikimedia Mexico volunteers with museum staff (researchers
> and/or curators), aiming to increase experience of the museum’s staff on
> Wikipedia.
>
> *72 hours with Rodin* will pursuit to set a new record and it’s an event
> prepared since January, escalating in intensity since two months ago with
> the coordination by Andrés Cruz y Corro (User:Andycyca), head of volunteers
> in Wikimania 2015. As a matter of fact, 60% of the Wikimania 2015 Yellow
> Army will be present on the event.
>
> We will love to have support from Wikimedia community in the translation
> of the articles produced in the editathon to more languages of the globe.
> Please don’t hesitate if you want to join the editathon!
>
> Best,
>
> Iván Martínez
> President
> Wikimedia Mexico
>
> [1]
> https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikiproyecto:Museo_Soumaya/Editat%C3%B3n_72_Horas_con_Rodin
> [2]
> https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikiproyecto:Museo_Soumaya/Editat%C3%B3n_72_Horas_con_Rodin/Art%C3%ADculos_a_editar
> [3]
> https://blog.wikimedia.org/2014/11/05/50-hours-of-art-the-museo-soumaya-editathon/
>

> // Mis comunicaciones respecto a Wikipedia/Wikimedia pueden tener una
> moratoria en su atención debido a que es un voluntariado.
> // Ayuda a proteger a Wikipedia, dona ahora: https://donate.wikimedia.org

*Nurunnaby Chowdhury (Hasive) **:: **নুরুন্নবী চৌধুরী (হাছিব)*
User: Hasive <http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Hasive> |
GSM/WhatsApp/Viber: +8801712754752

Administrator | Bengali Wikipedia <http://bn.wikipedia.org/wiki/user:Hasive>
Member | GAC Committee, Wikimedia Foundation
<http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Grants:PEG/Grant_Advisory_Committee>
Member | IEG Committee, Wikimedia Foundation
<https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Grants:IdeaLab/People>
Board Member | Wikimedia Bangladesh <http://www.wikimedia.org.bd>
fb.com/Hasive <http://fb.com/NCHasive> | @nhasive
<http://www.twitter.com/nhasive> | Skype: nhasive | www.nhasive.com

Re: [Wikimedia-l] [Wikimedia Announcements] 72 hours with Rodin editathon in Mexico City

Alex Wang
Very exciting and inspiring! Thanks for sharing Ivan!

On Mon, Jun 6, 2016 at 12:57 AM, Hasive N. Chowdhury <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]
> >
> https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikiproyecto:Museo_Soumaya/Editat%C3%B3n_72_Horas_con_Rodin/Art%C3%ADculos_a_editar
> > [3]
> >
> https://blog.wikimedia.org/2014/11/05/50-hours-of-art-the-museo-soumaya-editathon/
> >

> > // Mis comunicaciones respecto a Wikipedia/Wikimedia pueden tener una
> > moratoria en su atención debido a que es un voluntariado.
> > // Ayuda a proteger a Wikipedia, dona ahora:
> https://donate.wikimedia.org

> *Nurunnaby Chowdhury (Hasive) **:: **নুরুন্নবী চৌধুরী (হাছিব)*
> User: Hasive <http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Hasive> |
> GSM/WhatsApp/Viber: +8801712754752
> ​
> Administrator | Bengali Wikipedia <
> http://bn.wikipedia.org/wiki/user:Hasive>
> Member | GAC Committee, Wikimedia Foundation
> <http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Grants:PEG/Grant_Advisory_Committee>
> Member | IEG Committee, Wikimedia Foundation

Alexandra Wang
Program Officer
Community Resources
Wikimedia Foundation <http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Home>
+1 415-839-6885
Skype: alexvwang

Re: [Wikimedia-l] [Wikimedia Announcements] 72 hours with Rodin editathon in Mexico City

Bodhisattwa Mandal
Congrats Wikimedia Mexico for the new Guinness World Record. You guys are
awesome.

Bodhisattwa
Bengali comminity

[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]

> ​
> Administrator | Bengali Wikipedia <
> http://bn.wikipedia.org/wiki/user:Hasive>
> Member | GAC Committee, Wikimedia Foundation
> <http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Grants:PEG/Grant_Advisory_Committee>
> Member | IEG Committee, Wikimedia Foundation
> <https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Grants:IdeaLab/People>
> Board Member | Wikimedia Bangladesh <http://www.wikimedia.org.bd>
> fb.com/Hasive <http://fb.com/NCHasive> | @nhasive
> <http://www.twitter.com/nhasive> | Skype: nhasive | www.nhasive.com

Alexandra Wang
Program Officer
Community Resources
Wikimedia Foundation <http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Home>
+1 415-839-6885
Skype: alexvwang

Re: [Wikimedia-l] [Wikimedia Announcements] 72 hours with Rodin editathon in Mexico City

Michael Jahn-3
Wow, congratulations!
Michael

> [...]
> > >

> https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikiproyecto:Museo_Soumaya/Editat%C3%B3n_72_Horas_con_Rodin/Art%C3%ADculos_a_editar
> > > [3]
> > >

> https://blog.wikimedia.org/2014/11/05/50-hours-of-art-the-museo-soumaya-editathon/
> > >

> > > // Mis comunicaciones respecto a Wikipedia/Wikimedia pueden tener una
> > > moratoria en su atención debido a que es un voluntariado.
> > > // Ayuda a proteger a Wikipedia, dona ahora:
> > https://donate.wikimedia.org

> > *Nurunnaby Chowdhury (Hasive) **:: **নুরুন্নবী চৌধুরী (হাছিব)*
> > User: Hasive <http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Hasive> |
> > GSM/WhatsApp/Viber: +8801712754752
> > ​
> > Administrator | Bengali Wikipedia <
> > http://bn.wikipedia.org/wiki/user:Hasive>
> > Member | GAC Committee, Wikimedia Foundation
> > <http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Grants:PEG/Grant_Advisory_Committee>
> > Member | IEG Committee, Wikimedia Foundation

Leiter Kommunikation & Partnerschaften
Head of Communications & Partnerships

Tel. (030) 219 158 260

http://wikimedia.de <http://www.wikimedia.de>

Stellen Sie sich eine Welt vor, in der jeder Mensch freien Zugang zu der
Gesamtheit des Wissens der Menschheit hat. Helfen Sie uns dabei!