[Wikimedia Announcements] Affiliations Committee appointments, January 2016

[Wikimedia Announcements] Affiliations Committee appointments, January 2016

Kirill Lokshin
Hello everyone,

I'm pleased to announce that, following the recent call for applications, the following candidates have been appointed to seats on the Affiliations Committee:

- Salvador Alcantar Morán (re-appointment)
- Carlos M. Colina (re-appointment)
- Galileo Vidoni (re-appointment)
- Emna Mizouni
- Tanweer Morshed
- Rosie Stephenson-Goodknight

The newly appointed (and re-appointed) members will serve two-year terms, ending in December 2017.

On behalf of the Affiliations Committee, I would like to thank each of the applicants, as well as all of the community members who took the time to offer their feedback on the candidates during the public review process.

Regards,
Kirill Lokshin
Affiliations Committee

Re: [Wikimedia-l] [Wikimedia Announcements] Affiliations Committee appointments, January 2016

Isaac Olatunde
Congratulations to the newly appointed Afcom members.

Warm regards,

Olatunde Isaac.

Re: [Wikimedia-l] [Wikimedia Announcements] Affiliations Committee appointments, January 2016

Mardetanha-2
congratulation all new members

Mardetanha

On Sun, Jan 24, 2016 at 10:00 PM, Kirill Lokshin <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> I'm pleased to announce that, following the recent call for applications,
> the following candidates have been appointed to seats on the Affiliations
> Committee:
>
> - Salvador Alcantar Morán (re-appointment)
> - Carlos M. Colina (re-appointment)
> - Galileo Vidoni (re-appointment)
> - Emna Mizouni
> - Tanweer Morshed
> - Rosie Stephenson-Goodknight
>
> The newly appointed (and re-appointed) members will serve two-year terms,
> ending in December 2017.
>
> On behalf of the Affiliations Committee, I would like to thank each of the
> applicants, as well as all of the community members who took the time to
> offer their feedback on the candidates during the public review process.
>
> Regards,
> Kirill Lokshin
> Affiliations Committee

Re: [Wikimedia-l] [Wikimedia Announcements] Affiliations Committee appointments, January 2016

Tito Dutta
Congratulations everyone. :)

On 25 January 2016 at 00:32, Mardetanha <[hidden email]> wrote:

> congratulation all new members
>

> Mardetanha
>
> On Sun, Jan 24, 2016 at 10:00 PM, Kirill Lokshin <[hidden email]
> >
> wrote:
>
> > Hello everyone,
> >
> > I'm pleased to announce that, following the recent call for applications,
> > the following candidates have been appointed to seats on the Affiliations
> > Committee:
> >
> > - Salvador Alcantar Morán (re-appointment)
> > - Carlos M. Colina (re-appointment)
> > - Galileo Vidoni (re-appointment)
> > - Emna Mizouni
> > - Tanweer Morshed
> > - Rosie Stephenson-Goodknight
> >
> > The newly appointed (and re-appointed) members will serve two-year terms,
> > ending in December 2017.
> >
> > On behalf of the Affiliations Committee, I would like to thank each of
> the
> > applicants, as well as all of the community members who took the time to
> > offer their feedback on the candidates during the public review process.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Kirill Lokshin
> > Affiliations Committee

Re: [Wikimedia-l] [Wikimedia Announcements] Affiliations Committee appointments, January 2016

Nurunnaby Hasive-3
Congratulations to all new Affcom member.

-Hasive
WMBD

On Monday, 25 January 2016, olatunde isaac <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Congratulations to the newly appointed Afcom members.
>
> Warm regards,
>
> Olatunde Isaac.
>
> Sent from my BlackBerry wireless device from MTN

Nurunnaby Chowdhury (Hasive)
@nhasive • www.fb.com/NCHasive
Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus device

Re: [Wikimedia-l] [Wikimedia Announcements] Affiliations Committee appointments, January 2016

Saroj Dhakal
Congratulations all !

Thanks,
Saroj
Wikimedians of Nepal

Re: [Wikimedia-l] [Wikimedia Announcements] Affiliations Committee appointments, January 2016

Salvador A
Thanks to AffCom for the confidence!

I want to remark that this will be the first AffCom that will have three
women at the same time as members: Emily, Emna and Rosie.

> Congratulations all !
>
> Thanks,
> Saroj
> Wikimedians of Nepal

*Salvador Alcántar*
*@salvador_alc*

Re: [Wikimedia-l] [Wikimedia Announcements] Affiliations Committee appointments, January 2016

Gregory Varnum-2
Congratulations to the newly appointed and reappointed members! Also, thank
you to Lodewijk and Bence for their kind words. :) I would also like to
join them in thanking Josh for his work over the past few years.

Not surprisingly, I have a great deal of respect and affection for the
AffCom and their work. I think this is an especially interesting time for
the committee, and am excited to see what comes from them in the coming
months. :)

-greg

wrote:

[...]

Josh Lim
Hi everyone,

First of all, I want to congratulate everyone joining (or re-joining) the Committee this cycle.  Some of the Wikimedia movement’s best minds will be joining the rest of the Committee, and I have full confidence in Rosie, Emna and Tanweer—three wonderful Wikimedians who I’ve come to know over my lifetime—in fulfilling our mission.  I also want to congratulate Carlos, Salvador and Galio for their successful return to the Committee, to which I’m sure their insight and leadership will continue to serve the Committee well.

I also want to thank all of you, especially Greg, Bence and Lodewijk, for all the kind words.  I am of course disappointed that I wasn’t reappointed to the Committee, but I trust its wisdom, and perhaps it was for the best.

That said, it has been the greatest honor of my life thus far to serve in the Affiliations Committee, and I want to thank you all for the responsibility you’ve accorded to me.  I know the Committee will continue to do great things, as we’ve done over the last three years, and I have confidence that they will continue to fight for our affiliates moving forward, no matter where they are in the world.

Even if I’m no longer in the Affiliations Committee, I look forward to serving the movement in other capacities, and in the meantime, I'll continue to pursue the meaningful work of bringing our movement's Asian communities together, as well as fighting for increased geographic diversity in places where they need to be improved.

Once again, thank you all, and I look forward to seeing what’s in store for our movement moving forward.

Best regards,

Josh

> Wiadomość napisana przez Gregory Varnum <[hidden email]> w dniu 25.01.2016, o godz. 13:36:
>
> Congratulations to the newly appointed and reappointed members! Also, thank
> you to Lodewijk and Bence for their kind words. :) I would also like to
> join them in thanking Josh for his work over the past few years.
>
> Not surprisingly, I have a great deal of respect and affection for the
> AffCom and their work. I think this is an especially interesting time for
> the committee, and am excited to see what comes from them in the coming
> months. :)
>
> -greg
>

> On Jan 24, 2016, at 2:08 PM, Tito Dutta <[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>
> Congratulations everyone. :)
>
> On 25 January 2016 at 00:32, Mardetanha <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> congratulation all new members
>

> Mardetanha
>
> On Sun, Jan 24, 2016 at 10:00 PM, Kirill Lokshin <[hidden email]
>

> wrote:
>
> Hello everyone,
>
> I'm pleased to announce that, following the recent call for applications,
> the following candidates have been appointed to seats on the Affiliations
> Committee:
>
> - Salvador Alcantar Morán (re-appointment)
> - Carlos M. Colina (re-appointment)
> - Galileo Vidoni (re-appointment)
> - Emna Mizouni
> - Tanweer Morshed
> - Rosie Stephenson-Goodknight
>
> The newly appointed (and re-appointed) members will serve two-year terms,
> ending in December 2017.
>
> On behalf of the Affiliations Committee, I would like to thank each of
>
> the
>
> applicants, as well as all of the community members who took the time to
> offer their feedback on the candidates during the public review process.
>
> Regards,
> Kirill Lokshin
> Affiliations Committee

> New messages to: [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>
> Unsubscribe: https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimedia-l <https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimedia-l>, <mailto:[hidden email]?subject=unsubscribe <mailto:[hidden email]?subject=unsubscribe>>

JAMES JOSHUA G. LIM
Bachelor of Arts in Political Science
Class of 2013, Ateneo de Manila University
Quezon City, Metro Manila, Philippines

[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]> | +63 (915) 321-7582
Facebook/Twitter: akiestar | Wikimedia: Sky Harbor
http://about.me/josh.lim <http://about.me/josh.lim>

Re: [Wikimedia-l] [Wikimedia Announcements] Affiliations Committee appointments, January 2016

Edward Galvez
Congratulations!

On Sun, Jan 24, 2016 at 11:57 PM, Josh Lim <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]
> > - Tanweer Morshed
> > - Rosie Stephenson-Goodknight
> >
> > The newly appointed (and re-appointed) members will serve two-year terms,
> > ending in December 2017.
> >
> > On behalf of the Affiliations Committee, I would like to thank each of
> >
> > the
> >
> > applicants, as well as all of the community members who took the time to
> > offer their feedback on the candidates during the public review process.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Kirill Lokshin
> > Affiliations Committee

> [hidden email]?subject=unsubscribe>>
>
> JAMES JOSHUA G. LIM
> Bachelor of Arts in Political Science
> Class of 2013, Ateneo de Manila University
> Quezon City, Metro Manila, Philippines
>
> [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]> | +63 (915)
> 321-7582
> Facebook/Twitter: akiestar | Wikimedia: Sky Harbor

Survey Specialist
Learning & Evaluation

Re: [Wikimedia-l] [Wikimedia Announcements] Affiliations Committee appointments, January 2016

Samir Elsharbaty
Congrats to all new members!
On Jan 24, 2016 8:31 PM, "Kirill Lokshin" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> I'm pleased to announce that, following the recent call for applications,
> the following candidates have been appointed to seats on the Affiliations
> Committee:
>
> - Salvador Alcantar Morán (re-appointment)
> - Carlos M. Colina (re-appointment)
> - Galileo Vidoni (re-appointment)
> - Emna Mizouni
> - Tanweer Morshed
> - Rosie Stephenson-Goodknight
>
> The newly appointed (and re-appointed) members will serve two-year terms,
> ending in December 2017.
>
> On behalf of the Affiliations Committee, I would like to thank each of the
> applicants, as well as all of the community members who took the time to
> offer their feedback on the candidates during the public review process.
>
> Regards,
> Kirill Lokshin
> Affiliations Committee

Re: [Wikimedia-l] [Wikimedia Announcements] Affiliations Committee appointments, January 2016

Mohammed Bachounda
congratulations to all new members and re-appointed members.

--

*Mohammed Bachounda*
Leader Wikimedia Algérie UG