[Wikimedia Announcements] Invitation to WMF November 2016 Metrics & Activities Meeting: Thursday, November 17, 19:00 UTC

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[Wikimedia Announcements] Invitation to WMF November 2016 Metrics & Activities Meeting: Thursday, November 17, 19:00 UTC

Samantha Lien

Hello everyone,


The next Wikimedia Foundation metrics and activities meeting will take place on Thursday, November 17, 2016 at 7:00 PM UTC (11 AM PST). The IRC channel is #wikimedia-office on irc.freenode.net, and the meeting will be broadcast as a live YouTube stream.


Update/change to meeting format: The Wikimedia Foundation is exploring a revised format for the November meeting. Our intent is to share work from the Foundation and movement, but also to connect our work more broadly within the movement’s biggest opportunities and challenges.  


To do this, we are piloting the November meeting around a theme that has been at the forefront of much of our work recently: “Building an inclusive movement.”


In November, speakers will highlight projects, initiatives, and work that actively foster inclusivity within our movement -- to create a space for everyone to contribute and share in knowledge on the Wikimedia sites.

Here is the agenda for the November meeting:

* Welcomes, theme introduction - “Building an inclusive movement”

* Executive Director update

* Community update

* June 2016 Inspire Campaign - Chris Schilling

* Guest speaker - Wikipedia Asian Month - Addis Wang

* Questions and discussion

* Wikilove


As you may have seen, we are inviting a guest speaker to participate at the November meeting. Addis Wang, an active member of the Wikimedia User Group China, will be sharing some of his work with Wikipedia Asian Month and his efforts to create an inclusive space and invite people to participate in the edit-a-thon.


In future meetings, we would like to have one guest speaker from a Wikimedia community or someone from outside the movement present on their work that ties in with that month’s theme. (More information to come on this process moving forward, and who to reach out to if you would like to present in future meetings).

If you have any questions about the new format, please feel free to reach out to me, Sam Lien, at the Communications department [hidden email].

Please review

https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Foundation_metrics_and_activities_meetings

for further information about the meeting and how to participate.


We will post the video recording publicly after the meeting.


Thank you,

Sam


--
Samantha Lien
Communications Manager 
Wikimedia Foundation 
149 New Montgomery Street 
San Francisco, CA 94105







_______________________________________________
Please note: all replies sent to this mailing list will be immediately directed to Wikimedia-l, the public mailing list of the Wikimedia community. For more information about Wikimedia-l:
https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimedia-l
_______________________________________________
WikimediaAnnounce-l mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimediaannounce-l
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[Wikimedia-l] Fwd: Invitation to WMF November 2016 Metrics & Activities Meeting: Thursday, November 17, 19:00 UTC

Samantha Lien
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Samantha Lien <[hidden email]>
Date: Thu, Nov 10, 2016 at 7:32 PM
Subject: Invitation to WMF November 2016 Metrics & Activities Meeting:
Thursday, November 17, 19:00 UTC
To: [hidden email]


Hello everyone,

The next Wikimedia Foundation metrics and activities meeting will take
place on Thursday, November 17, 2016 at 7:00 PM UTC (11 AM PST). The IRC
channel is #wikimedia-office on irc.freenode.net, and the meeting will be
broadcast as a live YouTube stream.

Update/change to meeting format: The Wikimedia Foundation is exploring a
revised format for the November meeting. Our intent is to share work from
the Foundation and movement, but also to connect our work more broadly
within the movement’s biggest opportunities and challenges.

To do this, we are piloting the November meeting around a theme that has
been at the forefront of much of our work recently: “Building an inclusive
movement.”

In November, speakers will highlight projects, initiatives, and work that
actively foster inclusivity within our movement -- to create a space for
everyone to contribute and share in knowledge on the Wikimedia sites.

Here is the agenda for the November meeting:

* Welcomes, theme introduction - “Building an inclusive movement”

* Executive Director update

* Community update

* June 2016 Inspire Campaign - Chris Schilling

* Guest speaker - Wikipedia Asian Month - Addis Wang

* Questions and discussion

* Wikilove

As you may have seen, we are inviting a guest speaker to participate at the
November meeting. Addis Wang, an active member of the Wikimedia User Group
China, will be sharing some of his work with Wikipedia Asian Month and his
efforts to create an inclusive space and invite people to participate in
the edit-a-thon.

In future meetings, we would like to have one guest speaker from a
Wikimedia community or someone from outside the movement present on their
work that ties in with that month’s theme. (More information to come on
this process moving forward, and who to reach out to if you would like to
present in future meetings).

If you have any questions about the new format, please feel free to reach
out to me, Sam Lien, at the Communications department [hidden email].

Please review

https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Foundation_metrics_and_activities_
meetings

for further information about the meeting and how to participate.

We will post the video recording publicly after the meeting.

Thank you,
Sam

--
*Samantha Lien*
Communications Manager
Wikimedia Foundation
149 New Montgomery Street
San Francisco, CA 94105









--
*Samantha Lien*
Communications Manager
Wikimedia Foundation
149 New Montgomery Street
San Francisco, CA 94105
_______________________________________________
Wikimedia-l mailing list, guidelines at: https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Mailing_lists/Guidelines
New messages to: [hidden email]
Unsubscribe: https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimedia-l, <mailto:[hidden email]?subject=unsubscribe>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Fwd: Invitation to WMF November 2016 Metrics & Activities Meeting: Thursday, November 17, 19:00 UTC

Pine W
Hi Samantha,

Will metrics (Readership, Discovery, Community, Fundraising, Finance, etc.)
still be included in the agenda? The overviews can be brief or in depth,
perhaps varying in emphasis from month to month. This meeting originated in
public as the monthly metrics meeting, and I still like having high-level
overviews; I also feel that it's helpful for folks to have some common
points of reference regarding the whole organization's (as opposed to
team-level or department-level) "most important" metrics [0] including a
reminder of what those metrics are and how they're doing on a regular basis.

Thanks,

Pine.

[0] Definition to be determined, perhaps during the strategy update process


On Thu, Nov 10, 2016 at 7:35 PM, Samantha Lien <[hidden email]> wrote:

> ---------- Forwarded message ----------
> From: Samantha Lien <[hidden email]>
> Date: Thu, Nov 10, 2016 at 7:32 PM
> Subject: Invitation to WMF November 2016 Metrics & Activities Meeting:
> Thursday, November 17, 19:00 UTC
> To: [hidden email]
>
>
> Hello everyone,
>
> The next Wikimedia Foundation metrics and activities meeting will take
> place on Thursday, November 17, 2016 at 7:00 PM UTC (11 AM PST). The IRC
> channel is #wikimedia-office on irc.freenode.net, and the meeting will be
> broadcast as a live YouTube stream.
>
> Update/change to meeting format: The Wikimedia Foundation is exploring a
> revised format for the November meeting. Our intent is to share work from
> the Foundation and movement, but also to connect our work more broadly
> within the movement’s biggest opportunities and challenges.
>
> To do this, we are piloting the November meeting around a theme that has
> been at the forefront of much of our work recently: “Building an inclusive
> movement.”
>
> In November, speakers will highlight projects, initiatives, and work that
> actively foster inclusivity within our movement -- to create a space for
> everyone to contribute and share in knowledge on the Wikimedia sites.
>
> Here is the agenda for the November meeting:
>
> * Welcomes, theme introduction - “Building an inclusive movement”
>
> * Executive Director update
>
> * Community update
>
> * June 2016 Inspire Campaign - Chris Schilling
>
> * Guest speaker - Wikipedia Asian Month - Addis Wang
>
> * Questions and discussion
>
> * Wikilove
>
> As you may have seen, we are inviting a guest speaker to participate at the
> November meeting. Addis Wang, an active member of the Wikimedia User Group
> China, will be sharing some of his work with Wikipedia Asian Month and his
> efforts to create an inclusive space and invite people to participate in
> the edit-a-thon.
>
> In future meetings, we would like to have one guest speaker from a
> Wikimedia community or someone from outside the movement present on their
> work that ties in with that month’s theme. (More information to come on
> this process moving forward, and who to reach out to if you would like to
> present in future meetings).
>
> If you have any questions about the new format, please feel free to reach
> out to me, Sam Lien, at the Communications department [hidden email].
>
> Please review
>
> https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Foundation_
> metrics_and_activities_
> meetings
>
> for further information about the meeting and how to participate.
>
> We will post the video recording publicly after the meeting.
>
> Thank you,
> Sam
>
> --
> *Samantha Lien*
> Communications Manager
> Wikimedia Foundation
> 149 New Montgomery Street
> San Francisco, CA 94105
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> --
> *Samantha Lien*
> Communications Manager
> Wikimedia Foundation
> 149 New Montgomery Street
> San Francisco, CA 94105
> _______________________________________________
> Wikimedia-l mailing list, guidelines at: https://meta.wikimedia.org/
> wiki/Mailing_lists/Guidelines
> New messages to: [hidden email]
> Unsubscribe: https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimedia-l,
> <mailto:[hidden email]?subject=unsubscribe>
_______________________________________________
Wikimedia-l mailing list, guidelines at: https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Mailing_lists/Guidelines
New messages to: [hidden email]
Unsubscribe: https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimedia-l, <mailto:[hidden email]?subject=unsubscribe>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Fwd: Invitation to WMF November 2016 Metrics & Activities Meeting: Thursday, November 17, 19:00 UTC

Samantha Lien
Hi Pine,

Metrics will still be included in these meetings, though they will be
structured a little differently moving forward.

We’re experimenting with including metrics throughout the presentation
rather than in a defined section. This may also mean using different
metrics based on the work being described. The goal is to to take a more
holistic approach to measuring our work and focus on communicating impact.

We see this as a work in progress and look forward to continuing to
evaluate what’s working for metrics meetings, what’s not, and how we can
improve. I hope this helps clarify.

Thanks,
Sam

On Fri, Nov 11, 2016 at 12:20 AM, Pine W <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Samantha,
>
> Will metrics (Readership, Discovery, Community, Fundraising, Finance, etc.)
> still be included in the agenda? The overviews can be brief or in depth,
> perhaps varying in emphasis from month to month. This meeting originated in
> public as the monthly metrics meeting, and I still like having high-level
> overviews; I also feel that it's helpful for folks to have some common
> points of reference regarding the whole organization's (as opposed to
> team-level or department-level) "most important" metrics [0] including a
> reminder of what those metrics are and how they're doing on a regular
> basis.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Pine.
>
> [0] Definition to be determined, perhaps during the strategy update process
>
>
> On Thu, Nov 10, 2016 at 7:35 PM, Samantha Lien <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > ---------- Forwarded message ----------
> > From: Samantha Lien <[hidden email]>
> > Date: Thu, Nov 10, 2016 at 7:32 PM
> > Subject: Invitation to WMF November 2016 Metrics & Activities Meeting:
> > Thursday, November 17, 19:00 UTC
> > To: [hidden email]
> >
> >
> > Hello everyone,
> >
> > The next Wikimedia Foundation metrics and activities meeting will take
> > place on Thursday, November 17, 2016 at 7:00 PM UTC (11 AM PST). The IRC
> > channel is #wikimedia-office on irc.freenode.net, and the meeting will
> be
> > broadcast as a live YouTube stream.
> >
> > Update/change to meeting format: The Wikimedia Foundation is exploring a
> > revised format for the November meeting. Our intent is to share work from
> > the Foundation and movement, but also to connect our work more broadly
> > within the movement’s biggest opportunities and challenges.
> >
> > To do this, we are piloting the November meeting around a theme that has
> > been at the forefront of much of our work recently: “Building an
> inclusive
> > movement.”
> >
> > In November, speakers will highlight projects, initiatives, and work that
> > actively foster inclusivity within our movement -- to create a space for
> > everyone to contribute and share in knowledge on the Wikimedia sites.
> >
> > Here is the agenda for the November meeting:
> >
> > * Welcomes, theme introduction - “Building an inclusive movement”
> >
> > * Executive Director update
> >
> > * Community update
> >
> > * June 2016 Inspire Campaign - Chris Schilling
> >
> > * Guest speaker - Wikipedia Asian Month - Addis Wang
> >
> > * Questions and discussion
> >
> > * Wikilove
> >
> > As you may have seen, we are inviting a guest speaker to participate at
> the
> > November meeting. Addis Wang, an active member of the Wikimedia User
> Group
> > China, will be sharing some of his work with Wikipedia Asian Month and
> his
> > efforts to create an inclusive space and invite people to participate in
> > the edit-a-thon.
> >
> > In future meetings, we would like to have one guest speaker from a
> > Wikimedia community or someone from outside the movement present on their
> > work that ties in with that month’s theme. (More information to come on
> > this process moving forward, and who to reach out to if you would like to
> > present in future meetings).
> >
> > If you have any questions about the new format, please feel free to reach
> > out to me, Sam Lien, at the Communications department
> [hidden email].
> >
> > Please review
> >
> > https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Foundation_
> > metrics_and_activities_
> > meetings
> >
> > for further information about the meeting and how to participate.
> >
> > We will post the video recording publicly after the meeting.
> >
> > Thank you,
> > Sam
> >
> > --
> > *Samantha Lien*
> > Communications Manager
> > Wikimedia Foundation
> > 149 New Montgomery Street
> > San Francisco, CA 94105
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > --
> > *Samantha Lien*
> > Communications Manager
> > Wikimedia Foundation
> > 149 New Montgomery Street
> > San Francisco, CA 94105
> > _______________________________________________
> > Wikimedia-l mailing list, guidelines at: https://meta.wikimedia.org/
> > wiki/Mailing_lists/Guidelines
> > New messages to: [hidden email]
> > Unsubscribe: https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimedia-l,
> > <mailto:[hidden email]?subject=unsubscribe>
> _______________________________________________
> Wikimedia-l mailing list, guidelines at: https://meta.wikimedia.org/
> wiki/Mailing_lists/Guidelines
> New messages to: [hidden email]
> Unsubscribe: https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimedia-l,
> <mailto:[hidden email]?subject=unsubscribe>




--
*Samantha Lien*
Communications Manager
Wikimedia Foundation
149 New Montgomery Street
San Francisco, CA 94105
_______________________________________________
Wikimedia-l mailing list, guidelines at: https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Mailing_lists/Guidelines
New messages to: [hidden email]
Unsubscribe: https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimedia-l, <mailto:[hidden email]?subject=unsubscribe>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Wikimedia Announcements] Invitation to WMF November 2016 Metrics & Activities Meeting: Thursday, November 17, 19:00 UTC

Lena Traer
In reply to this post by Samantha Lien
REMINDER: This meeting starts in 30 minutes. 

On Thu, Nov 10, 2016 at 7:32 PM, Samantha Lien <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hello everyone,


The next Wikimedia Foundation metrics and activities meeting will take place on Thursday, November 17, 2016 at 7:00 PM UTC (11 AM PST). The IRC channel is #wikimedia-office on irc.freenode.net, and the meeting will be broadcast as a live YouTube stream.


Update/change to meeting format: The Wikimedia Foundation is exploring a revised format for the November meeting. Our intent is to share work from the Foundation and movement, but also to connect our work more broadly within the movement’s biggest opportunities and challenges.  


To do this, we are piloting the November meeting around a theme that has been at the forefront of much of our work recently: “Building an inclusive movement.”


In November, speakers will highlight projects, initiatives, and work that actively foster inclusivity within our movement -- to create a space for everyone to contribute and share in knowledge on the Wikimedia sites.

Here is the agenda for the November meeting:

* Welcomes, theme introduction - “Building an inclusive movement”

* Community update

* June 2016 Inspire Campaign - Chris Schilling

* Guest speaker - Wikipedia Asian Month - Addis Wang

* Executive Director update

* Questions and discussion

* Wikilove


As you may have seen, we are inviting a guest speaker to participate at the November meeting. Addis Wang, an active member of the Wikimedia User Group China, will be sharing some of his work with Wikipedia Asian Month and his efforts to create an inclusive space and invite people to participate in the edit-a-thon.


In future meetings, we would like to have one guest speaker from a Wikimedia community or someone from outside the movement present on their work that ties in with that month’s theme. (More information to come on this process moving forward, and who to reach out to if you would like to present in future meetings).

If you have any questions about the new format, please feel free to reach out to me, Sam Lien, at the Communications department [hidden email].

Please review

https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Foundation_metrics_and_activities_meetings

for further information about the meeting and how to participate.


We will post the video recording publicly after the meeting.


Thank you,

Sam


--
Samantha Lien
Communications Manager 
Wikimedia Foundation 
149 New Montgomery Street 
San Francisco, CA 94105


_______________________________________________
Please note: all replies sent to this mailing list will be immediately directed to Wikimedia-l, the public mailing list of the Wikimedia community. For more information about Wikimedia-l:
https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimedia-l
_______________________________________________
WikimediaAnnounce-l mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimediaannounce-l