Wikimedia DC Annual Plan for 2014-15

Kirill Lokshin-3
Hi everyone,

Wikimedia DC's Annual Plan for 2014-15 has now been published at http://wikimediadc.org/wiki/Annual_plan_(2014–2015).

As always, we welcome any comments or suggestions!

Regards,
Kirill

--
Kirill Lokshin
Secretary, Wikimedia District of Columbia

Re: Wikimedia DC Annual Plan for 2014-15

Pine W

Hi Kirill,

Thanks for the info. I looked at this to get ideas for Cascadia.

What are WMDC's current financials, what is its budget for the 14-15 plan year, and what are its sources of funds for last year and the 14-15 year?

Can you quanitify the amount of volunteer and staff hours last year? Do you have goals or projections for the 14-15 year?

Thanks,

Pine

On Oct 12, 2014 12:28 PM, "Kirill Lokshin" <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi everyone,

Wikimedia DC's Annual Plan for 2014-15 has now been published at http://wikimediadc.org/wiki/Annual_plan_(2014–2015).

As always, we welcome any comments or suggestions!

Regards,
Kirill

--
Kirill Lokshin
Secretary, Wikimedia District of Columbia

Re: Wikimedia DC Annual Plan for 2014-15

Kirill Lokshin-3
Hi Pine,

Our financial report for the past year and our budget for the coming year will be released this Friday in advance of our annual meeting.  I'll send you a follow-up email once they're published.

As far as staff and volunteer hours are concerned:

- The only paid staff we've had for the past year is our contractor for Wikipedia Summer of Monuments, who has been working full-time since June.
- We don't have any solid data regarding volunteer hours; while we've collected some information about individual volunteer engagement as part of our strategic planning process, it's not a statistically significant sampling at this point.  Having said that, we're planning to prepare a more detailed volunteer plan in the next month or so, which will provide a better picture of our anticipated volunteer support needs for the coming year.

Regards,
Kirill

--

On Tue, Oct 14, 2014 at 3:54 PM, Pine W <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Wikimedia DC Annual Plan for 2014-15

Kirill Lokshin-3
Hi Mike,

We publish the annual budget as a separate document from the annual plan; the corresponding budget for the coming year is located at http://wikimediadc.org/wiki/Annual_budget_(2014–2015).

Thanks,
Kirill

--
Kirill Lokshin
Secretary, Wikimedia District of Columbia

On Mon, Oct 27, 2014 at 5:16 PM, Michael Peel <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Kirill and WMDC,

I’m really impressed both by how well you’ve quantified your aims, and how you’ve set them out in this document. This is a great plan! I would suggest that you expand on your aims for your conferences, though (it’s not clear what quantitative outcomes you are aiming for from the conferences). The biggest worry I have is that you don’t match your activities against a budget - it’s not clear if you have sufficient funding to achieve your aims, and whether the outcomes are going to be worth the financial expenditure, although I’m sure that they will be when you work through the numbers.

Thanks,
Mike

Wikimedia-l@...