Wikimedia Hackathon Lyon: registrations opened

Wikimedia Hackathon Lyon: registrations opened

Sylvain Boissel
Hi everyone,

Wikimédia France invites all developers to the *Wikimedia Hackathon 2015 in
Lyon, France*, from *23-25 May*. This event is the opportunity for all
Wikimedia community developpers and sysadmins to come together, squash bugs
and write great new features & tools.

The event is open to a wide range of developers. We welcome both seasoned
and new developers as well as people working on MediaWiki, tools,
pywikipedia, Wikidata, maps, gadgets, extensions, templates … . Please
suggest and discus topics at
https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/tag/Wikimedia-Hackathon-2015/

We are also experimenting in pairing "*potes*" (buddies) to help newcomers
mingle in the hackathon. You can read more about it on
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Hackathons#Pairing_buddies and put your name
on https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Lyon_Hackathon_2015/Buddies if you are
interested.

You can indicate that you're coming at
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Lyon_Hackathon_2015/Attendees (This doesn't
replace registration, it's just to let others know what you're up to.)

*The registration is now open* and also includes the possibility to apply
for a travel, accommodation or full scholarship; You can find the form at
https://dons.wikimedia.fr/civicrm/event/register?reset=1&id=8

Keep an eye on https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Lyon_Hackathon_2015 for
updates!

See you in Lyon,
Sylvain.

--
*Sylvain Boissel*
ADMINISTRATEUR SYSTÈME ET RÉSEAUX

*Tél +33 1 42 36 97 72*
*www.wikimedia.fr <http://www.wikimedia.fr/>*
*40 rue de Cléry, **75002 Paris*
<http://www.openstreetmap.org/node/691082430#map=19/48.86814/2.34683>

*Imaginez un monde où chaque personne sur la planète aurait librement accès
à la totalité du savoir humain. C'est notre engagement. Aidez Wikimedia
France à en faire une réalité <https://dons.wikimedia.fr>.*

Re: [Wikitech] Wikimedia Hackathon Lyon: registrations opened

Matthew Flaschen-2
On 03/05/2015 12:16 PM, Sylvain Boissel wrote:
> *The registration is now open* and also includes the possibility to
> apply for a travel, accommodation or full scholarship; You can find the
> form at https://dons.wikimedia.fr/civicrm/event/register?reset=1&id=8

How should volunteer developers fill it out if they are applying for a
full scholarship (and attendance is conditional on that)?

I see the "Are you a volunteer developer needing sponsorship?: yes,
travel and accommodation" pair.

However, there are some other questions where it's not clear how someone
should/might respond (e.g. Accomodation, Payment method).

A scholarships section or link at
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Lyon_Hackathon_2015 would also be helpful.

Thanks,

Matt Flaschen

Re: [Wikitech] Wikimedia Hackathon Lyon: registrations opened

Petr Bena
I have a question regarding scholarship: is there a way to indicate
that I would like to apply for a full scholarship, but in case the
application wouldn't pass, I am also interested in partial
scholarship?

Partial scholarship is still better than none, in which case I might
not be able to attend at all...

On Fri, Mar 6, 2015 at 6:30 AM, Matthew Flaschen
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 03/05/2015 12:16 PM, Sylvain Boissel wrote:
>>
>> *The registration is now open* and also includes the possibility to
>> apply for a travel, accommodation or full scholarship; You can find the
>> form at https://dons.wikimedia.fr/civicrm/event/register?reset=1&id=8
>

> How should volunteer developers fill it out if they are applying for a full
> scholarship (and attendance is conditional on that)?
>
> I see the "Are you a volunteer developer needing sponsorship?: yes, travel
> and accommodation" pair.
>
> However, there are some other questions where it's not clear how someone
> should/might respond (e.g. Accomodation, Payment method).
>
> A scholarships section or link at
> https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Lyon_Hackathon_2015 would also be helpful.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Matt Flaschen

Re: [Wikitech] Wikimedia Hackathon Lyon: registrations opened

Quim Gil-2
On Fri, Mar 6, 2015 at 9:20 AM, Petr Bena <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I have a question regarding scholarship: is there a way to indicate
> that I would like to apply for a full scholarship, but in case the
> application wouldn't pass, I am also interested in partial
> scholarship?

This and other details not fitting in the form can be explained in the
Comments field.

Matt, I agree we need a scholarships section or link at
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Lyon_Hackathon_2015. The local organizers or
myself will publish more information soon.