Wikimedia India - AGM and Election Results

Wikimedia India - AGM and Election Results

Gautam John
Hello Everyone:

Just to say that the AGM is over as are the EC Elections. The results
are as below:

Naveen Francis
Sudhanwa Jogalekar
Tinu Cherian

More here along with the reports presented:
http://wiki.wikimedia.in/Announcements/AGM_and_EC_Elections

We'd like to thank the Nominations Committee and everyone else who
contributed to making this a success.

Thank you.

Best,

Gautam
________
http://blog.prathambooks.org/p/social-media.html

Re: Wikimedia India - AGM and Election Results

Achal Prabhala-2
Congratulations to the new board members, and on a personal note, I'd
like to express a big thank you to Gautam for all his help and work as
part of the Wikimedia India chapter over these last few years (he is
stepping down from the board). You will be missed!

Cheers,
Achal

On Saturday 24 September 2011 06:48 PM, Gautam John wrote:

> Hello Everyone:
>
> Just to say that the AGM is over as are the EC Elections. The results
> are as below:
>
> Naveen Francis
> Sudhanwa Jogalekar
> Tinu Cherian
>
> More here along with the reports presented:
> http://wiki.wikimedia.in/Announcements/AGM_and_EC_Elections
>
> We'd like to thank the Nominations Committee and everyone else who
> contributed to making this a success.
>
> Thank you.
>
> Best,
>
> Gautam
> ________
> http://blog.prathambooks.org/p/social-media.html

Re: Wikimedia India - AGM and Election Results

wheredevelsdare
+1

> Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2011 19:09:45 +0530

> From: [hidden email]
> To: [hidden email]
> Subject: Re: [Wikimediaindia-l] Wikimedia India - AGM and Election Results
>
> Congratulations to the new board members, and on a personal note, I'd
> like to express a big thank you to Gautam for all his help and work as
> part of the Wikimedia India chapter over these last few years (he is
> stepping down from the board). You will be missed!
>
> Cheers,
> Achal
>
> On Saturday 24 September 2011 06:48 PM, Gautam John wrote:
> > Hello Everyone:
> >
> > Just to say that the AGM is over as are the EC Elections. The results
> > are as below:
> >
> > Naveen Francis
> > Sudhanwa Jogalekar
> > Tinu Cherian
> >
> > More here along with the reports presented:
> > http://wiki.wikimedia.in/Announcements/AGM_and_EC_Elections
> >
> > We'd like to thank the Nominations Committee and everyone else who
> > contributed to making this a success.
> >
> > Thank you.
> >
> > Best,
> >
> > Gautam
> > ________
> > http://blog.prathambooks.org/p/social-media.html

Re: Wikimedia India - AGM and Election Results

Ashwin Baindur
Its good to know that sincere, active, hardworking Wikimedians stood for Chapter office.

My congratulations to the newly elected members and my best wishes to those who stood for election but were not yet elected. I'm sure your time too will come.

My best wishes to the outgoing members including all those who worked hard to make it a success and have already left.

My best wishes too to the present team who will continue for some more time.

Warm regards,

Ashwin Baindur

On Sat, Sep 24, 2011 at 7:24 PM, <[hidden email]> wrote:
+1

> Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2011 19:09:45 +0530
> From: [hidden email]
> To: [hidden email]
> Subject: Re: [Wikimediaindia-l] Wikimedia India - AGM and Election Results

> Congratulations to the new board members, and on a personal note, I'd
> like to express a big thank you to Gautam for all his help and work as
> part of the Wikimedia India chapter over these last few years (he is
> stepping down from the board). You will be missed!
>
> Cheers,
> Achal
>
> On Saturday 24 September 2011 06:48 PM, Gautam John wrote:
> > Hello Everyone:
> >
> > Just to say that the AGM is over as are the EC Elections. The results
> > are as below:
> >
> > Naveen Francis
> > Sudhanwa Jogalekar
> > Tinu Cherian
> >
> > More here along with the reports presented:
> > http://wiki.wikimedia.in/Announcements/AGM_and_EC_Elections
> >
> > We'd like to thank the Nominations Committee and everyone else who
> > contributed to making this a success.
> >
> > Thank you.
> >
> > Best,
> >
> > Gautam
> > ________
> > http://blog.prathambooks.org/p/social-media.html

Re: Wikimedia India - AGM and Election Results

Gautam John
Thank you.

It has been a pleasure and a privilege. The latter more so because I
have learned so much from all of you.

I'm still around - as a community member - and am always happy to assist.

Good luck!

One last request - the Chapter really does need a larger and more
active membership base and I implore all of you who aren't members to
become members and those of you who are members to be more active
members. Else, the Chapter is doomed to ignominy and in many ways, so
is part of the larger Movement. The Chapter needs you. Stand up and be
counted.

Best,

Gautam
________

On 24 September 2011 19:09, Achal Prabhala <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Congratulations to the new board members, and on a personal note, I'd
> like to express a big thank you to Gautam for all his help and work as
> part of the Wikimedia India chapter over these last few years (he is
> stepping down from the board). You will be missed!
>
> Cheers,
> Achal
>
> On Saturday 24 September 2011 06:48 PM, Gautam John wrote:
>> Hello Everyone:
>>
>> Just to say that the AGM is over as are the EC Elections. The results
>> are as below:
>>
>> Naveen Francis
>> Sudhanwa Jogalekar
>> Tinu Cherian
>>
>> More here along with the reports presented:
>> http://wiki.wikimedia.in/Announcements/AGM_and_EC_Elections
>>
>> We'd like to thank the Nominations Committee and everyone else who
>> contributed to making this a success.
>>
>> Thank you.
>>
>> Best,
>>
>> Gautam
>> ________
>> http://blog.prathambooks.org/p/social-media.html

Re: Wikimedia India - AGM and Election Results

jayanta nath-2
Heartiest Congratulations to the all new board members, they should enrich our wikimedia movement in India.
--
With Warm Regards,
Jayanta Nath

Re: Wikimedia India - AGM and Election Results

CherianTinu Abraham
I would like to thank everyone who had supported and encouraged us to take up this position. I would also like to thank the outgoing EC members for their hard work and leadership especially during the most difficult times.

My hearty congratulations to the other newly elected members, Naveen and Sudhanwa.
We understand the enormity of the tasks that lie ahead and we hope to live up to the expectations.

For those you couldn't make it to the committee, this does mean that your valuable contributions are going unappreciated or undermined. What more was important was our participation & willingness to stand up and support the movement than winning this elections. I would sincerely request you to continue supporting & helping the chapter, regardless of official position or not.

Building the wiki community in India remains our top most priority, working along with the Foundation , India office and the vibrant Wiki community of India.

We are strongly committed to the smooth functioning of the Wikiconference Mumbai and extends our continued full support both as a part of the board and individual capacities.

We understand that the journey from here is not going to be easy but we can reach better success with your continued support and encouragement.

Thanks again.

Regards
Tinu Cherian

On Sat, Sep 24, 2011 at 6:48 PM, Gautam John <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello Everyone:

Just to say that the AGM is over as are the EC Elections. The results
are as below:

Naveen Francis
Sudhanwa Jogalekar
Tinu Cherian

More here along with the reports presented:
http://wiki.wikimedia.in/Announcements/AGM_and_EC_Elections

We'd like to thank the Nominations Committee and everyone else who
contributed to making this a success.

Thank you.

Best,

Gautam
________
http://blog.prathambooks.org/p/social-media.html

Re: Wikimedia India - AGM and Election Results

John Mark Vandenberg
Congratulations to the Indian community, the Nominations Committee and
also to the new Executive Committee members.

Regards,
John Vandenberg

On 25 September 2011 09:55, CherianTinu Abraham <[hidden email]> wrote:

> For those you couldn't make it to the committee, this does mean that your
> valuable contributions are going unappreciated or undermined. What more was

I think you meant "does not". :)

Thank you.

Best,

Gautam
________
http://blog.prathambooks.org/p/social-media.html

Re: Wikimedia India - AGM and Election Results

Bishakha Datta
Congratulations to all the new chapter board members - Tinu, Naveen and Sudhanwa...nice to see the EC expanding to other parts of the country in an organic way.

And read your report with great interest, Gautam. It is really heartening to see the chapter progressing from a registered entity at the start of this year to a 'real' entity. Looking forward to the year ahead.

I'm sure everyone has thought of this already, but the WikiConference would be a good time to recruit  chapter members in bulk.

Cheers to all,
Bishakha

On Sun, Sep 25, 2011 at 10:58 AM, Gautam John <[hidden email]> wrote:
On 25 September 2011 09:55, CherianTinu Abraham <[hidden email]> wrote:

> For those you couldn't make it to the committee, this does mean that your
> valuable contributions are going unappreciated or undermined. What more was

I think you meant "does not". :)

Thank you.

Best,

Gautam
________
http://blog.prathambooks.org/p/social-media.html

Re: Wikimedia India - AGM and Election Results

CherianTinu Abraham
Oops... :(

You are right, Gautam ! Thanks

-TC

On Sun, Sep 25, 2011 at 10:58 AM, Gautam John <[hidden email]> wrote:
On 25 September 2011 09:55, CherianTinu Abraham <[hidden email]> wrote:

> For those you couldn't make it to the committee, this does mean that your
> valuable contributions are going unappreciated or undermined. What more was

I think you meant "does not". :)

Thank you.

Best,

Gautam
________
http://blog.prathambooks.org/p/social-media.html

Re: Wikimedia India - AGM and Election Results

Mandar Kulkarni-2
Dear Tinu, Naveen and Sudhanwa,

Congratulations ...We would certainly look a even better wikipedia India activities in near future.....

With Regards,

Mandar V. Kulkarni

Congratulations to the new board members, and on a personal note, I'd
like to express a big thank you to Gautam for all his help and work as
part of the Wikimedia India chapter over these last few years (he is
stepping down from the board). You will be missed!

Cheers,
Achal

On Saturday 24 September 2011 06:48 PM, Gautam John wrote:

> Hello Everyone:
>
> Just to say that the AGM is over as are the EC Elections. The results
> are as below:
>
> Naveen Francis
> Sudhanwa Jogalekar
> Tinu Cherian
>
> More here along with the reports presented:
> http://wiki.wikimedia.in/Announcements/AGM_and_EC_Elections
>
> We'd like to thank the Nominations Committee and everyone else who
> contributed to making this a success.
>
> Thank you.
>
> Best,
>
> Gautam
> ________
> http://blog.prathambooks.org/p/social-media.html

Re: Wikimedia India - AGM and Election Results

wikiodisha1
+1

On Sat, Sep 24, 2011 at 8:58 PM, Jayanta Nath <[hidden email]> wrote:
Heartiest Congratulations to the all new board members, they should enrich our wikimedia movement in India.
--
With Warm Regards,
Jayanta Nath
Calcutta,West Bengal

Thanks & Regards,
Srikant Kedia
Odia (Oriya) Wikipedia Community
 <http://or.wikipedia.org>
Mail ID - [hidden email]
Facebook- facebook.com/OdiaWiki
Tweet @OdiaWiki

Re: [WMIN-Members] Re: Wikimedia India - AGM and Election Results

Sudhanwa Jogalekar

Tinu has already expressed everything that I wanted to say.

So, in the typical wikipedia style, I will just say +1 to Tinu's mail. :-)

Thanks to all of you for your support and encouragement !!

Best regards
-Sudhanwa

On Sun, Sep 25, 2011 at 9:55 AM, CherianTinu Abraham
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> I would like to thank everyone who had supported and encouraged us to take
> up this position. I would also like to thank the outgoing EC members for
> their hard work and leadership especially during the most difficult times.
> My hearty congratulations to the other newly elected members, Naveen and
> Sudhanwa.
> We understand the enormity of the tasks that lie ahead and we hope to live
> up to the expectations.
> For those you couldn't make it to the committee, this does mean that your
> valuable contributions are going unappreciated or undermined. What more was
> important was our participation & willingness to stand up and support the
> movement than winning this elections. I would sincerely request you to
> continue supporting & helping the chapter, regardless of official position
> or not.
> Building the wiki community in India remains our top most priority, working
> along with the Foundation , India office and the vibrant Wiki community of
> India.
> We are strongly committed to the smooth functioning of the Wikiconference
> Mumbai and extends our continued full support both as a part of the board
> and individual capacities.
> We understand that the journey from here is not going to be easy but we can
> reach better success with your continued support and encouragement.
> Thanks again.
> Regards
> Tinu Cherian
>
> On Sat, Sep 24, 2011 at 6:48 PM, Gautam John <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>>
>> Hello Everyone:
>>
>> Just to say that the AGM is over as are the EC Elections. The results
>> are as below:
>>
>> Naveen Francis
>> Sudhanwa Jogalekar
>> Tinu Cherian
>>
>> More here along with the reports presented:
>> http://wiki.wikimedia.in/Announcements/AGM_and_EC_Elections
>>
>> We'd like to thank the Nominations Committee and everyone else who
>> contributed to making this a success.
>>
>> Thank you.
>>
>> Best,
>>
>> Gautam
>> ________
>> http://blog.prathambooks.org/p/social-media.html

~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!
web: www.sudhanwa.com  blog: www.sudhanwa.in
Twitter: sudhanwa Check on FB, Linkedin for more.

Re: [WMIN-Members] Re: Wikimedia India - AGM and Election Results

Béria Lima
That shouldn't be annouced in Internal-l?
_____
Béria Lima
(351) 925 171 484

Imagine um mundo onde é dada a qualquer pessoa a possibilidade de ter livre acesso ao somatório de todo o conhecimento humano. É isso o que estamos a fazer.

Hi,

<[hidden email]> wrote:
> I would like to thank everyone who had supported and encouraged us to take
> up this position. I would also like to thank the outgoing EC members for
> their hard work and leadership especially during the most difficult times.
> My hearty congratulations to the other newly elected members, Naveen and
> Sudhanwa.
> We understand the enormity of the tasks that lie ahead and we hope to live
> up to the expectations.
> For those you couldn't make it to the committee, this does mean that your
> valuable contributions are going unappreciated or undermined. What more was
> important was our participation & willingness to stand up and support the
> movement than winning this elections. I would sincerely request you to
> continue supporting & helping the chapter, regardless of official position
> or not.
> Building the wiki community in India remains our top most priority, working
> along with the Foundation , India office and the vibrant Wiki community of
> India.
> We are strongly committed to the smooth functioning of the Wikiconference
> Mumbai and extends our continued full support both as a part of the board
> and individual capacities.
> We understand that the journey from here is not going to be easy but we can
> reach better success with your continued support and encouragement.
> Thanks again.
> Regards
> Tinu Cherian
>
> On Sat, Sep 24, 2011 at 6:48 PM, Gautam John <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>>
>> Hello Everyone:
>>
>> Just to say that the AGM is over as are the EC Elections. The results
>> are as below:
>>
>> Naveen Francis
>> Sudhanwa Jogalekar
>> Tinu Cherian
>>
>> More here along with the reports presented:
>> http://wiki.wikimedia.in/Announcements/AGM_and_EC_Elections
>>
>> We'd like to thank the Nominations Committee and everyone else who
>> contributed to making this a success.
>>
>> Thank you.
>>
>> Best,
>>
>> Gautam
>> ________
>> http://blog.prathambooks.org/p/social-media.html

~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!
web: www.sudhanwa.com  blog: www.sudhanwa.in
Twitter: sudhanwa Check on FB, Linkedin for more.

Re: [WMIN-Members] Re: Wikimedia India - AGM and Election Results

Subhashish Panigrahi
Once again, Congratulations Tinu Cherian, Naveen Francis and Sudhanwa Jogalekar. Wish all the luck for the future initiatives. :)

<[hidden email]> wrote:
> I would like to thank everyone who had supported and encouraged us to take
> up this position. I would also like to thank the outgoing EC members for
> their hard work and leadership especially during the most difficult times.
> My hearty congratulations to the other newly elected members, Naveen and
> Sudhanwa.
> We understand the enormity of the tasks that lie ahead and we hope to live
> up to the expectations.
> For those you couldn't make it to the committee, this does mean that your
> valuable contributions are going unappreciated or undermined. What more was
> important was our participation & willingness to stand up and support the
> movement than winning this elections. I would sincerely request you to
> continue supporting & helping the chapter, regardless of official position
> or not.
> Building the wiki community in India remains our top most priority, working
> along with the Foundation , India office and the vibrant Wiki community of
> India.
> We are strongly committed to the smooth functioning of the Wikiconference
> Mumbai and extends our continued full support both as a part of the board
> and individual capacities.
> We understand that the journey from here is not going to be easy but we can
> reach better success with your continued support and encouragement.
> Thanks again.
> Regards
> Tinu Cherian
>
> On Sat, Sep 24, 2011 at 6:48 PM, Gautam John <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>>
>> Hello Everyone:
>>
>> Just to say that the AGM is over as are the EC Elections. The results
>> are as below:
>>
>> Naveen Francis
>> Sudhanwa Jogalekar
>> Tinu Cherian
>>
>> More here along with the reports presented:
>> http://wiki.wikimedia.in/Announcements/AGM_and_EC_Elections
>>
>> We'd like to thank the Nominations Committee and everyone else who
>> contributed to making this a success.
>>
>> Thank you.
>>
>> Best,
>>
>> Gautam
>> ________
>> http://blog.prathambooks.org/p/social-media.html

~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!
web: www.sudhanwa.com  blog: www.sudhanwa.in
Twitter: sudhanwa Check on FB, Linkedin for more.

  ସୁ ଭା ସି ସ ପା ଣି ଗା ହି
S u b h a s i s a P a n i g a h i
   ଓଡ଼ିଆ ଉଇକିପିଡ଼ିଆ

facebook.com/OdiaWiki
Tweet @OdiaWiki

Re: [WMIN-Members] Re: Wikimedia India - AGM and Election Results

Gautam John
On 26 September 2011 00:27, Béria Lima <[hidden email]> wrote:

> That shouldn't be annouced in Internal-l?

I'm assuming the President, copied, will do so shortly.

Thank you.

Best,

Gautam
________
http://blog.prathambooks.org/p/social-media.html

Re: [WMIN-Members] Re: Wikimedia India - AGM and Election Results

Arjuna Rao Chavala-2

On Mon, Sep 26, 2011 at 10:55 AM, Gautam John <[hidden email]> wrote:
On 26 September 2011 00:27, Béria Lima <[hidden email]> wrote:

> That shouldn't be annouced in Internal-l?

I'm assuming the President, copied, will do so shortly.

Yes, we will be doing it in couple of days after updating  the EC member profiles.

Cheers
Arjun