[Wikimedia Tech Talks] Sharing global opportunities for new developers in the Wikimedia community | April 24, 2019 at 18:00 UTC

[Wikimedia Tech Talks] Sharing global opportunities for new developers in the Wikimedia community | April 24, 2019 at 18:00 UTC

Sarah Rodlund
Hi Everyone,

It's time for *Wikimedia Tech Talks 2019* Episode 3! This month's talk will
take place *April 24, 2019 at 18:00 UTC. *

*Topic: *Sharing global opportunities for new developers in the Wikimedia
community

*Speaker: *Sristhi Sethi, Developer Advocate, Wikimedia Foundation

get involved; however, as with many other free software projects, getting
involved with the Wikimedia technical community can be a daunting prospect
for newcomers. This talk is a gentle introduction to the Wikimedia
ecosystem, and gives pointers on how to get involved as a volunteer. I will
delve into the various ways newcomers can make successful contributions in
areas ranging from design to documentation, from programming to testing,
and much more.

YouTube stream for viewers: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXyeRujCrAs
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQGfuLP9MqA>

During the live talk, you are invited to join the discussion on IRC at
#wikimedia-office

You can watch past Tech Talks here:
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Tech_talks

If you are interested in giving your own tech talk, you can learn more
here:
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Project:Calendar/How_to_schedule_an_event#Tech_talks

As always, feel free to reach out to me with any questions!

Kind regards,

Sarah R. Rodlund
Technical Writer, Developer Advocacy
<https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Developer_Advocacy>

Re: [Wikimedia Tech Talks] Sharing global opportunities for new developers in the Wikimedia community | April 24, 2019 at 18:00 UTC

Sarah Rodlund
Hi All,

Just a reminder that this is taking place tomorrow, *April 24, 2019 at
18:00 UTC. *I will send out another reminder tomorrow, just head of the
talk.

Here is the updated link to the YouTube stream:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXyeRujCrAs

Hope to see you there!

Kindly,

Sarah R.

On Wed, Apr 10, 2019 at 3:51 PM Sarah R <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Everyone,
>
> It's time for *Wikimedia Tech Talks 2019* Episode 3! This month's talk
> will take place *April 24, 2019 at 18:00 UTC. *
>
> *Topic: *Sharing global opportunities for new developers in the Wikimedia
> community
>
> *Speaker: *Sristhi Sethi, Developer Advocate, Wikimedia Foundation

> get involved; however, as with many other free software projects, getting
> involved with the Wikimedia technical community can be a daunting prospect
> for newcomers. This talk is a gentle introduction to the Wikimedia
> ecosystem, and gives pointers on how to get involved as a volunteer. I will
> delve into the various ways newcomers can make successful contributions in
> areas ranging from design to documentation, from programming to testing,
> and much more.
>
> YouTube stream for viewers: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXyeRujCrAs
> <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQGfuLP9MqA>
>
> During the live talk, you are invited to join the discussion on IRC at
> #wikimedia-office
>
> You can watch past Tech Talks here:
> https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Tech_talks
>
> If you are interested in giving your own tech talk, you can learn more
> here:
> https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Project:Calendar/How_to_schedule_an_event#Tech_talks
>
> As always, feel free to reach out to me with any questions!
>

> Kind regards,
>

> Sarah R. Rodlund
> Technical Writer, Developer Advocacy
> <https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Developer_Advocacy>

Re: [Wikimedia Tech Talks] Sharing global opportunities for new developers in the Wikimedia community | April 24, 2019 at 18:00 UTC

Sarah Rodlund
Hi Everyone,

This talk will take place in 30 Minutes! Please join us online: