Wikimedia UK"s microgrants scheme

Andrew West-4
Just seen a watchlist notice advertising "Wikimedia UK"s microgrants
scheme" -- perhaps someone can fix the double quote that is used
instead of an apostrophe.

Andrew
[[User:BabelStone]]

Re: Wikimedia UK"s microgrants scheme

Harry Burt
Incidentally, I believe this was fixed by The Land [1].

--
Harry Burt (User:Jarry1250)

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?diff=454578016&oldid=454347327

On 9 October 2011 00:22, Harry Burt <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Incidentally, I believe this was fixed by The Land [1].

It was OK yesterday, but this morning it reads "Wikimedia UK&apos;s
microgrants scheme".  Who would have thought that a simple apostrophe
would be so much trouble?  Perhaps it would be simpler to change it to
"microgrants scheme from Wikimedia UK".

Andrew

Re: Wikimedia UK"s microgrants scheme

Chris Keating-2
Please feel free

Any admin can change  the geonotice, but I shouldn't really edit from my desk at work ;-)

On Mon, Oct 10, 2011 at 9:38 AM, Andrew West <[hidden email]> wrote:
On 9 October 2011 00:22, Harry Burt <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Incidentally, I believe this was fixed by The Land [1].

It was OK yesterday, but this morning it reads "Wikimedia UK&apos;s
microgrants scheme".  Who would have thought that a simple apostrophe
would be so much trouble?  Perhaps it would be simpler to change it to
"microgrants scheme from Wikimedia UK".

Andrew

Re: Wikimedia UK"s microgrants scheme

Michael Peel-4
Should be fixed now… (or at least, will be once the caches clear).

Mike

On 10 October 2011 09:58, Michael Peel <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Should be fixed now… (or at least, will be once the caches clear).

Thanks, that looks good now.  As the 'text' field is in single quotes
I can see why the apostrophe might need to be escaped, but I don't
know why the escaping does not work or why the unescaped version does
work.

Andrew