Quantcast

Wikimedia US coalition meeting for June 2016

Wikimedia US coalition meeting for June 2016

Pine W
Hi everyone,

It's time again to participate in the poll for this month's meeting.

Some US Wikimedians will be at Wikimania, so I tried to offer some time choices that might work for people who will participate from time zones in the US and Europe. I also tried to offer choices on the days before and after the busiest Wikimania days.

Possible dates are:

Monday, June 20
Tuesday, June 21
Wednesday, June 22
(break)
Tuesday, June 28
Wednesday, June 29
Thursday, June 30

Please go here to indicate your schedule preference: http://doodle.com/poll/9y2x39kvg8qrz8tg

Please discuss on the talk page whether you think we should try recording this meeting and making it available for public playback: https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Talk:WALRUS/June_2016#Should_we_record_the_meeting_and_make_the_archive_publicly_available.3F

Thanks!

Pine

Re: [GLAM-US] Wikimedia US coalition meeting for June 2016

Pine W
By popular demand, the meeting is set for Thursday, June 30 at 6:30 Pacific / 9:30 Eastern. (:

Pine

On Thu, Jun 9, 2016 at 12:59 PM, Andrew Lih <[hidden email]> wrote:
Thanks Pine. I voted on that page that I hope we can opt for recording these, in order to engage more folks. Cheers.

-Andrew

On Sun, Jun 5, 2016 at 6:42 PM, Pine W <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Pharos-3
Given the fact that the majority of the poll participants will be together in person at Wikimania, I'd suggest we combine the online call with an in-person Wikimania meeting.

Thanks,
Richard
(User:Pharos)

On Sat, Jun 11, 2016 at 5:00 PM, Pine W <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

It wouldn't necessarily involve a weekend meeting (there is preconference), and I don't think weekend meetings are inherently bad, just something we want to avoid when we don't have a large group already in one room together, as at Wikimania.

There's a fairly large group that will be at DiversityCon in DC, another opportunity.  Really, there is an awful lot of in-person time the next couple of weeks, and it would make sense to tie that into remote participants.

Thanks,
Richard
(User:Pharos)

On Sat, Jun 11, 2016 at 6:17 PM, Pine W <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

James Hare-3
Of note, Zoom serves video conferences from a central server; one bad connection won’t bring the rest of the call down.

James Hare
Secretary, Wikimedia DC
https://wikimediadc.org
@wikimediadc

On Saturday, June 11, 2016 at 8:12 PM, Pine W wrote:

[...]

After off-list discussions, we're proceeding with June 30.

The current plan is for the meeting to be recorded so that anyone who can't attend can watch it later.

Updated agenda with a link to the Zoom meeting: https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/WALRUS/June_2016

Regards,

Pine

Re: [GLAM-US] Wikimedia US coalition meeting for June 2016

Kirill Lokshin-3
Andrew, the meeting is at 9:30 PM EDT.  Pine always specifies times in Pacific, not Eastern. :-)

Thanks,
Kirill

--
Kirill Lokshin
President

On Thu, Jun 30, 2016 at 5:16 AM, Andrew Lih <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Pine and Pharos,

Can you confirm again what time WALRUS call is happening tonight? Is it 630pm East coast time or 930pm East coast time? It’s not clear.

Last month, it was  6 PM Pacific / 9 PM Eastern.

Thanks.

-Andrew

On Sat, Jun 18, 2016 at 10:50 PM, Pine W <[hidden email]> wrote:

After off-list discussions, we're proceeding with June 30.

The current plan is for the meeting to be recorded so that anyone who can't attend can watch it later.

Updated agenda with a link to the Zoom meeting: https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/WALRUS/June_2016

Regards,

Pine

Re: [Wikimedia-SF] Fwd: Wikimedia US coalition meeting for June 2016

Pine W
Hi everyone, thanks to those who could attend. Meeting minutes are available at https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/WALRUS/June_2016#Meeting_minutes. If you need to make corrections or additions to the minutes, please do so both on Meta and in the etherpad. Thanks!

Pine