[Wikimedia-l] 10th year founding anniversary of Bengali Wikipedia

[Wikimedia-l] 10th year founding anniversary of Bengali Wikipedia

Nurunnaby Hasive-3
Hi All,

We're happy to share another good news from Bengali Wikipedia Community.
You already know that Bengali Wikipedia has reached It's 10 year journey.
We celebrate a program on last February 10 and Jimmy Wales joined with us
as Chief Guest.
After that recently (May 30) we again successfully complete 'Bengali
Wikipedia 10th year Founding Anniversary Conference' by Wikimedia
Bangladesh. We are happy to run this anniversary program around the
country. We conduct several series Wikipedia workshop/seminar seven
division in our country. After that we arrange day long program in Dhaka.
300+ registered Wikipedian from different part of country attend this
conference. Few Wikipedians from Kolkata (India) also join with us to
celebrate Bengali Wikipedia 10th year anniversary.

​In our final event we arrange day long event including Workshop, Seminar,
Special workshop for women, discussion about outreach program, coloration
discussion with Wikipedian from Kolkata etc. Our conference inaugurated by
honorable state minister of ICT Division of Govt. Republic of Bangladesh
Mr. Zunaid Ahmed Palak [1]. We give 10 best Wikipedian award and best three
photographer who attend our Wikimedia Commons photo contest. All award
handover by popular award winner writer and journalist Anisul Hoque [2].​

​All program photo available this link:
https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:10th_Anniversary_of_Bengali_Wikipedia,_Bangladesh

Cheers!

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zunaid_Ahmed_Palak
[2] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anisul_Hoque

Hasive

--
*Hasive **Chowdhury** :: **নুরুন্নবী চৌধুরী **হাছিব*
Global User: Hasive <http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Hasive>

Administrator | Bengali Wikipedia <http://bn.wikipedia.org/wiki/user:Hasive>
Member | GAC Committee, Wikimedia Foundation
<http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Grants:PEG/Grant_Advisory_Committee>
Member | IEG Committee, Wikimedia Foundation
<https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Grants:IdeaLab/People>
Director | Wikimedia Bangladesh Operations Committee
<http://www.wikimedia.org.bd>
fb.com/Hasive <http://fb.com/itsNCH> | @nhasive
<http://www.twitter.com/nhasive> | Skype: nhasive | www.nhasive.com

Re: [Wikimedia-l] 10th year founding anniversary of Bengali Wikipedia

Pine W
Thanks very much for this announcement, Hasive.

I'd like to take a moment to refresh our collective memory from June of
last year. The Wikimedians who organized the Wikimedia Bangladesh
Foundation made extraordinary efforts to found their chapter, and the
chapter's approval under the Societies Registration Act of Bangladesh in
June 2014 was a remarkable achievement. The *Signpost *discussed this in a
special report,
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Wikipedia_Signpost/2014-06-18/Special_report
.

Congratulations to Wikimedia Bangladesh and Bengali Wikipedia for this
anniversary and conference.

Pine
(former *Signpost* Publication and Newsroom Manager, present Executive
Director of Cascadia Wikimedians User Group)

On Thu, Jun 4, 2015 at 12:05 AM, Hasive Chowdhury <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> We're happy to share another good news from Bengali Wikipedia Community.
> You already know that Bengali Wikipedia has reached It's 10 year journey.
> We celebrate a program on last February 10 and Jimmy Wales joined with us
> as Chief Guest.
> After that recently (May 30) we again successfully complete 'Bengali
> Wikipedia 10th year Founding Anniversary Conference' by Wikimedia
> Bangladesh. We are happy to run this anniversary program around the
> country. We conduct several series Wikipedia workshop/seminar seven
> division in our country. After that we arrange day long program in Dhaka.
> 300+ registered Wikipedian from different part of country attend this
> conference. Few Wikipedians from Kolkata (India) also join with us to
> celebrate Bengali Wikipedia 10th year anniversary.
>
> ​In our final event we arrange day long event including Workshop, Seminar,
> Special workshop for women, discussion about outreach program, coloration
> discussion with Wikipedian from Kolkata etc. Our conference inaugurated by
> honorable state minister of ICT Division of Govt. Republic of Bangladesh
> Mr. Zunaid Ahmed Palak [1]. We give 10 best Wikipedian award and best three
> photographer who attend our Wikimedia Commons photo contest. All award
> handover by popular award winner writer and journalist Anisul Hoque [2].​
>
> ​All program photo available this link:
>
> https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:10th_Anniversary_of_Bengali_Wikipedia,_Bangladesh
>
> Cheers!
>
> [1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zunaid_Ahmed_Palak
> [2] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anisul_Hoque
>

> Hasive
>
> --
> *Hasive **Chowdhury** :: **নুরুন্নবী চৌধুরী **হাছিব*
> Global User: Hasive <http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Hasive>
> ​
> Administrator | Bengali Wikipedia <
> http://bn.wikipedia.org/wiki/user:Hasive>
> Member | GAC Committee, Wikimedia Foundation
> <http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Grants:PEG/Grant_Advisory_Committee>
> Member | IEG Committee, Wikimedia Foundation
> <https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Grants:IdeaLab/People>
> Director | Wikimedia Bangladesh Operations Committee
> <http://www.wikimedia.org.bd>
> fb.com/Hasive <http://fb.com/itsNCH> | @nhasive
> <http://www.twitter.com/nhasive> | Skype: nhasive | www.nhasive.com

Re: [Wikimedia-l] [Wikipedia-BN] 10th year founding anniversary of Bengali Wikipedia

Ravishankar Ayyakkannu
Hi Hasive,

On behalf of Wikimedia community from India, my best wishes for the
Bangladesh Wikimedia community.

We look forward to more interaction between both the communities in the
coming months.

Thanks,

Ravi

On Thu, Jun 4, 2015 at 12:35 PM, Hasive Chowdhury <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> We're happy to share another good news from Bengali Wikipedia Community.
> You already know that Bengali Wikipedia has reached It's 10 year journey.
> We celebrate a program on last February 10 and Jimmy Wales joined with us
> as Chief Guest.
> After that recently (May 30) we again successfully complete 'Bengali
> Wikipedia 10th year Founding Anniversary Conference' by Wikimedia
> Bangladesh. We are happy to run this anniversary program around the
> country. We conduct several series Wikipedia workshop/seminar seven
> division in our country. After that we arrange day long program in Dhaka.
> 300+ registered Wikipedian from different part of country attend this
> conference. Few Wikipedians from Kolkata (India) also join with us to
> celebrate Bengali Wikipedia 10th year anniversary.
>
> ​In our final event we arrange day long event including Workshop,
> Seminar, Special workshop for women, discussion about outreach program,
> coloration discussion with Wikipedian from Kolkata etc. Our conference
> inaugurated by honorable state minister of ICT Division of Govt. Republic
> of Bangladesh Mr. Zunaid Ahmed Palak [1]. We give 10 best Wikipedian award
> and best three photographer who attend our Wikimedia Commons photo contest.
> All award handover by popular award winner writer and journalist Anisul
> Hoque [2].​
>
> ​All program photo available this link:
> https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:10th_Anniversary_of_Bengali_Wikipedia,_Bangladesh
>
> Cheers!
>
> [1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zunaid_Ahmed_Palak
> [2] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anisul_Hoque
>

> Hasive
>
> --
> *Hasive **Chowdhury** :: **নুরুন্নবী চৌধুরী **হাছিব*
> Global User: Hasive <http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Hasive>
> ​
> Administrator | Bengali Wikipedia
> <http://bn.wikipedia.org/wiki/user:Hasive>
> Member | GAC Committee, Wikimedia Foundation
> <http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Grants:PEG/Grant_Advisory_Committee>
> Member | IEG Committee, Wikimedia Foundation
> <https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Grants:IdeaLab/People>
> Director | Wikimedia Bangladesh Operations Committee
> <http://www.wikimedia.org.bd>
> fb.com/Hasive <http://fb.com/itsNCH> | @nhasive
> <http://www.twitter.com/nhasive> | Skype: nhasive | www.nhasive.com

Re: [Wikimedia-l] [Wikipedia-BN] 10th year founding anniversary of Bengali Wikipedia

James Alexander-4
Thank you Ravi for bumping this thread so that I saw it and thank you
Hasive for the letting us know about the recent events! The pictures make
it clear that you they were not only successful events but a lot of fun and
that's exactly what you should have for such a momentous occasion.

I joke sometimes that work on the projects, in the WMF and in the movement
as a whole can feel like "dog years" where you become an old experienced
had after only a couple quick years (and are seen as such because there are
so many new faces around). 10 years can feel very short in some ways but
there is so much work that has been done during those 10 years that it
really is a marathon. Here's to 10, 20, 100+ more years :) Congrats!

James Alexander
Community Advocacy
Wikimedia Foundation
(415) 839-6885 x6716 @jamesofur