[Wikimedia-l] 2011 Picture of the Year Competition

[Wikimedia-l] 2011 Picture of the Year Competition

wikiodisha1
Dear Wikimedians,

Wikimedia Commons is happy to announce that the 2011 Picture of the Year
competition is now open at last. We're interested in your opinion as to
which images qualify to be the Picture of the Year for 2011 (not for 2012).
Any user registered at Commons or a Wikimedia wiki SUL-related to Commons
with more than 75 edits before 1 April 2012 (UTC) is welcome to vote. Check
your eligibility
now<http://toolserver.org/%7Epathoschild/accounteligibility/?user=&wiki=&event=24>
! If you meet the criteria, you are eligible to vote.

Nearly 600 images that have been rated Featured Pictures by the
international Wikimedia Commons community in the past year are all entered
in this competition. From professional animal and plant shots to
breathtaking panoramas and skylines, restorations of historically relevant
images, images portraying the world's best architecture, maps, emblems,
diagrams created with the most modern technology, and impressive human
portraits, Commons features pictures of all flavors.

For your convenience, we have sorted the images into topic categories. Two
rounds of voting will be held: In the first round, you can vote for as many
images as you like. The first round the top 32 images , by number of votes,
from any category will go to the final round - the categories are
irrelevant when it comes to counting the votes. If no picture of one topic
category is not in the top 32s, that will be also promoted to the Final to
guarantee a diverse final. In the final round, when a limited number of
images are left, you must decide on the one image that you want to become
the Picture of the Year.

To see the candidate images just go to:
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons:Picture_of_the_Year/2011/Galleries

Wikimedia Commons is interested in hearing your opinions on our featured
images of 2011. The deadline for first round voting is 2012-06-04 at 23:59
(UTC).

Thanks,
Wikimedia Commons Picture of the Year committee
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons:POTY/2011

Re: [Wikimedia-l] 2011 Picture of the Year Competition

Maggie Dennis
Thank you! I look forward to this every year. :) Our community really
creates and curates some stunning photography and browsing through them is
just breathtaking.

Maggie

On Wed, May 30, 2012 at 10:16 AM, Srikant Kedia <[hidden email]>wrote:

> Dear Wikimedians,
>
> Wikimedia Commons is happy to announce that the 2011 Picture of the Year
> competition is now open at last. We're interested in your opinion as to
> which images qualify to be the Picture of the Year for 2011 (not for 2012).
> Any user registered at Commons or a Wikimedia wiki SUL-related to Commons
> with more than 75 edits before 1 April 2012 (UTC) is welcome to vote. Check
> your eligibility
> now<
> http://toolserver.org/%7Epathoschild/accounteligibility/?user=&wiki=&event=24
> >
> ! If you meet the criteria, you are eligible to vote.
>
> Nearly 600 images that have been rated Featured Pictures by the
> international Wikimedia Commons community in the past year are all entered
> in this competition. From professional animal and plant shots to
> breathtaking panoramas and skylines, restorations of historically relevant
> images, images portraying the world's best architecture, maps, emblems,
> diagrams created with the most modern technology, and impressive human
> portraits, Commons features pictures of all flavors.
>
> For your convenience, we have sorted the images into topic categories. Two
> rounds of voting will be held: In the first round, you can vote for as many
> images as you like. The first round the top 32 images , by number of votes,
> from any category will go to the final round - the categories are
> irrelevant when it comes to counting the votes. If no picture of one topic
> category is not in the top 32s, that will be also promoted to the Final to
> guarantee a diverse final. In the final round, when a limited number of
> images are left, you must decide on the one image that you want to become
> the Picture of the Year.
>
> To see the candidate images just go to:
>
> http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons:Picture_of_the_Year/2011/Galleries
>
> Wikimedia Commons is interested in hearing your opinions on our featured
> images of 2011. The deadline for first round voting is 2012-06-04 at 23:59
> (UTC).
>
> Thanks,
> Wikimedia Commons Picture of the Year committee
> http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons:POTY/2011

Maggie Dennis
Community Liaison
WikimediaFoundation.org

Re: [Wikimedia-l] 2011 Picture of the Year Competition

miya-4
Dear Wikimedians,

Wikimedia Commons Picture of the Year competition committee announce
that we have extended the deadline for the first round voting in POTY
- to become later than the date announced in the former post.

Voting for Round 1 ends on Thuesday, 07 June 2012 21:00:00 [UTC].

For the detailed information of the contest is here:
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons:Picture_of_the_Year/2011/Introduction

To see the candidate images just go to:
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons:Picture_of_the_Year/2011/Galleries

Please enjoy our marvelous Featured Pictures of 2011.