[Wikimedia-l] 2016 Strategic Approaches Report

[Wikimedia-l] 2016 Strategic Approaches Report

Patrick Earley
Hello all,

A summary report of the first stage of community consultation for the 2016
Wikimedia Foundation strategy process has uploaded to Commons in PDF
format.[1]

This is in preparation for the second stage of consultation, which will
begin on Meta next Friday, March 4.  We will update when that process is
ready to go.

[1]
https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:2016_Strategic_Approaches_Report.pdf

Best regards,

--
Patrick Earley
Senior Community Advocate

Re: [Wikimedia-l] 2016 Strategic Approaches Report

Ad Huikeshoven
Thanks for sharing, you have been working late on Friday night!

Have a nice weekend,

Ad
Op 27 feb. 2016 07:25 schreef "Patrick Earley" <[hidden email]>:

> Hello all,
>
> A summary report of the first stage of community consultation for the 2016
> Wikimedia Foundation strategy process has uploaded to Commons in PDF
> format.[1]
>
> This is in preparation for the second stage of consultation, which will
> begin on Meta next Friday, March 4.  We will update when that process is
> ready to go.
>
> [1]
>
> https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:2016_Strategic_Approaches_Report.pdf
>
> Best regards,
>

> --
> Patrick Earley
> Senior Community Advocate
> Wikimedia Foundation
> [hidden email]
> (1) 415 975 1874

Re: [Wikimedia-l] 2016 Strategic Approaches Report

Legoktm

On 02/26/2016 10:25 PM, Patrick Earley wrote:
> A summary report of the first stage of community consultation for the 2016
> Wikimedia Foundation strategy process has uploaded to Commons in PDF
> format.[1]

Two quick questions:
1. How was a user's "home wiki" determined?
2. Page 29 says that 17 users have 0 edits. AIUI you had to edit the
wiki to participate, so how do they have 0 edits?

> [1]
> https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:2016_Strategic_Approaches_Report.pdf

Thanks,
-- Legoktm

Re: [Wikimedia-l] 2016 Strategic Approaches Report

Maggie Dennis
Hello, Legoktm. :)

I've copied your questions to
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Talk:2016_Strategy/Community_consultation
and will make sure those are seen. I don't know if our consultant has an
account on Wikimedia-L, and it'll probably be helpful to keep questions in
that one central place. Easier to track them for future, for instance. :)

Suzie is traveling today, so it may not be today that she is able to
respond.

Best,

Maggie

On Sun, Feb 28, 2016 at 3:19 AM, Legoktm <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On 02/26/2016 10:25 PM, Patrick Earley wrote:
> > A summary report of the first stage of community consultation for the
> 2016
> > Wikimedia Foundation strategy process has uploaded to Commons in PDF
> > format.[1]
>
> Two quick questions:
> 1. How was a user's "home wiki" determined?
> 2. Page 29 says that 17 users have 0 edits. AIUI you had to edit the
> wiki to participate, so how do they have 0 edits?
>

> > [1]
> >
> https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:2016_Strategic_Approaches_Report.pdf
>
> Thanks,
> -- Legoktm

Maggie Dennis
Interim Sr. Director of Community Engagement
Director, Support and Safety
Wikimedia Foundation, Inc.