[Wikimedia-l] 3rd Global Congress on IP & OpenAir Conference on Innovation & IP in Africa

[Wikimedia-l] 3rd Global Congress on IP & OpenAir Conference on Innovation & IP in Africa

Oona Castro
Hi all,

I've received an email from the organizers of the 3rd Global Congress on IP
& OpenAir Conference on Innovation & IP in Africa (
http://www.openair.org.za/capetown2013) which will take place from 9 to 13
December, in Cape Town, calling for participation from Wikimedia movement.

I've attended the Global Congress on IP in the the past, when I was leading
researches on the subject in Brazil, and they were an opportunity to engage
with other researchers, know better the global picture and problems of IP
and discuss global initiatives and threats among both global north and
global south perspectives.

Would there be anyone interested in participating of this meeting this year?

I strongly recommend people engaged in IP and international treaties
debates join them.

Perhaps someone from South Africa?

Best regards
Oona

--
Oona Castro
Consultant for the Brazilian Catalyst Program at Wikimedia Foundation

the sum of all knowledge.  Help us make it a reality!

http://wikimediafoundation.org <http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Donate>

Re: [Wikimedia-l] 3rd Global Congress on IP & OpenAir Conference on Innovation & IP in Africa

Lodewijk
Hi Oona,

did you already try to contact Wikimedia South Africa about this?

Best,
Lodewijk

2013/7/21 Oona Castro <[hidden email]>

> Hi all,
>
> I've received an email from the organizers of the 3rd Global Congress on IP
> & OpenAir Conference on Innovation & IP in Africa (
> http://www.openair.org.za/capetown2013) which will take place from 9 to 13
> December, in Cape Town, calling for participation from Wikimedia movement.
>
> I've attended the Global Congress on IP in the the past, when I was leading
> researches on the subject in Brazil, and they were an opportunity to engage
> with other researchers, know better the global picture and problems of IP
> and discuss global initiatives and threats among both global north and
> global south perspectives.
>
> Would there be anyone interested in participating of this meeting this
> year?
>
> I strongly recommend people engaged in IP and international treaties
> debates join them.
>
> Perhaps someone from South Africa?
>
> Best regards
> Oona
>
> --
> Oona Castro
> Consultant for the Brazilian Catalyst Program at Wikimedia Foundation
> + 55 21 81812505
>
> Imagine a world in which every single human being can freely share in
> the sum of all knowledge.  Help us make it a reality!
>
> http://wikimediafoundation.org <http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Donate

Re: [Wikimedia-l] 3rd Global Congress on IP & OpenAir Conference on Innovation & IP in Africa

Oona Castro
Hi Lodewijk,
I haven't.. I actually don't remember of knowing anyone from South Africa
here. But, yes, I think that would be awesome to have someone from there,
as I suggested in the email - I just don't know to whom I should send it
to. Would you suggest anyone in particular?

Oona

--
Oona Castro
Consultant for the Brazilian Catalyst Program at Wikimedia Foundation
+ 55 21 81812505

the sum of all knowledge.  Help us make it a reality!

http://wikimediafoundation.org <http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Donate>

Re: [Wikimedia-l] 3rd Global Congress on IP & OpenAir Conference on Innovation & IP in Africa

Jan Ainali-2
The email adress [hidden email] is listed on their chapter
page on meta, I would start with that one.

http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_South_Africa

*Med vänliga hälsningar,
Jan Ainali*

Verksamhetschef, Wikimedia Sverige <http://se.wikimedia.org/wiki/Huvudsida>
0729 - 67 29 48

2013/7/21 Oona Castro <[hidden email]>

> Hi Lodewijk,
> I haven't.. I actually don't remember of knowing anyone from South Africa
> here. But, yes, I think that would be awesome to have someone from there,
> as I suggested in the email - I just don't know to whom I should send it
> to. Would you suggest anyone in particular?
>
> Oona
>

> On Sun, Jul 21, 2013 at 2:23 PM, Lodewijk <[hidden email]
> >wrote:
>
> > Lodewijk
>

> --
> Oona Castro
> Consultant for the Brazilian Catalyst Program at Wikimedia Foundation
> + 55 21 81812505
>
> Imagine a world in which every single human being can freely share in
> the sum of all knowledge.  Help us make it a reality!
>
> http://wikimediafoundation.org <http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Donate

Re: [Wikimedia-l] 3rd Global Congress on IP & OpenAir Conference on Innovation & IP in Africa

Peter Southwood
David Ricfield (User:Slashme) might be interested
Cheers,
Peter
> I haven't.. I actually don't remember of knowing anyone from South Africa
> here. But, yes, I think that would be awesome to have someone from there,
> as I suggested in the email - I just don't know to whom I should send it
> to. Would you suggest anyone in particular?
>
> Oona
>

> On Sun, Jul 21, 2013 at 2:23 PM, Lodewijk
> <[hidden email]>wrote:
>
>> Lodewijk
>

> --
> Oona Castro
> Consultant for the Brazilian Catalyst Program at Wikimedia Foundation
> + 55 21 81812505
>
> Imagine a world in which every single human being can freely share in
> the sum of all knowledge.  Help us make it a reality!
>
> http://wikimediafoundation.org
> <http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Donate>

Re: [Wikimedia-l] 3rd Global Congress on IP & OpenAir Conference on Innovation & IP in Africa

Oona Castro
Thanks!