[Wikimedia-l] A Massive Online Open Course about Wikipedia

[Wikimedia-l] A Massive Online Open Course about Wikipedia

Berard Myriam
Hello everyone,

For a few months now, 15 French-speaking Wikipedia editors, supported by
Wikimédia France, have been working to design a Massive Online Open Course,
to learn how to contribute to Wikipedia and discover more about the way it
works.

The WikiMOOC lasts for 5 weeks (with 2,5h of work/ week, including the
duration of the courses). You can check out the project page on Wikipedia
[1].

The registration for this WikiMOOC opens today, on the FUN [2] platform
(powered by the Ministry of Education and Research, in France) !

The courses will start on February 22nd, 2016.

Do not hesitate to share this information to all French-speaking
communities you might know of. Please, note that it is possible to stay
tuned via WikiMOOC's Twitter[3] and Facebook[4] accounts.

Here is a short trailer about the WikiMOOC in French :) Enjoy ! [5]

Please, feel free to reach out to me if you have any questions,

Jules Xénard [hidden email]

Wikimédia France

[1] https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikip%C3%A9dia:WikiMOOC

[2]
https://www.france-universite-numerique-mooc.fr/courses/WMFr/86001/session01/about

[3] https://twitter.com/wikimooc
[4] https://www.facebook.com/Wikimooc/
[5] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=assiAnG3lv4

--
Myriam Berard
Wikimédia France

Re: [Wikimedia-l] A Massive Online Open Course about Wikipedia

Rodrigo Tetsuo Argenton
Sorry, but this a course, right? So Why did you not interact with
Wikibooks, and Wikiversity?

On 14 December 2015 at 14:02, Berard Myriam <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> For a few months now, 15 French-speaking Wikipedia editors, supported by
> Wikimédia France, have been working to design a Massive Online Open Course,
> to learn how to contribute to Wikipedia and discover more about the way it
> works.
>
> The WikiMOOC lasts for 5 weeks (with 2,5h of work/ week, including the
> duration of the courses). You can check out the project page on Wikipedia
> [1].
>
> The registration for this WikiMOOC opens today, on the FUN [2] platform
> (powered by the Ministry of Education and Research, in France) !
>
> The courses will start on February 22nd, 2016.
>
> Do not hesitate to share this information to all French-speaking
> communities you might know of. Please, note that it is possible to stay
> tuned via WikiMOOC's Twitter[3] and Facebook[4] accounts.
>
> Here is a short trailer about the WikiMOOC in French :) Enjoy ! [5]
>
> Please, feel free to reach out to me if you have any questions,
>

> Jules Xénard [hidden email]
>
> Wikimédia France
>
> [1] https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikip%C3%A9dia:WikiMOOC
>
> [2]
>
> https://www.france-universite-numerique-mooc.fr/courses/WMFr/86001/session01/about
>
> [3] https://twitter.com/wikimooc
> [4] https://www.facebook.com/Wikimooc/
> [5] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=assiAnG3lv4
>

> --
> Myriam Berard
> Wikimédia France

Rodrigo Tetsuo Argenton
[hidden email]
+55 11 979 718 884

Re: [Wikimedia-l] A Massive Online Open Course about Wikipedia

Emeric Vallespi
Hello Rodrigo,

Thanks for your support.
Indeed, it is a course to understand and learn how to contribute to Wikipedia.
That's why the Wikipedia community is involved.

The Mooc platform ("FUN") seemed more adapted to conduct the course, manage inscriptions, release the different stages and support the learners.

The content is free licensed (as far as I know) and the Mooc platform allows to release the content even after the session.

You can reach out to Jules (jules.xenard AT wikimedia.fr) if you have any further questions.

--
Emeric

> On 14 Dec 2015, at 18:31, Rodrigo Tetsuo Argenton <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Sorry, but this a course, right? So Why did you not interact with
> Wikibooks, and Wikiversity?
>
> On 14 December 2015 at 14:02, Berard Myriam <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
>> Hello everyone,
>>
>> For a few months now, 15 French-speaking Wikipedia editors, supported by
>> Wikimédia France, have been working to design a Massive Online Open Course,
>> to learn how to contribute to Wikipedia and discover more about the way it
>> works.
>>
>> The WikiMOOC lasts for 5 weeks (with 2,5h of work/ week, including the
>> duration of the courses). You can check out the project page on Wikipedia
>> [1].
>>
>> The registration for this WikiMOOC opens today, on the FUN [2] platform
>> (powered by the Ministry of Education and Research, in France) !
>>
>> The courses will start on February 22nd, 2016.
>>
>> Do not hesitate to share this information to all French-speaking
>> communities you might know of. Please, note that it is possible to stay
>> tuned via WikiMOOC's Twitter[3] and Facebook[4] accounts.
>>
>> Here is a short trailer about the WikiMOOC in French :) Enjoy ! [5]
>>
>> Please, feel free to reach out to me if you have any questions,
>>

>> Jules Xénard [hidden email]
>>
>> Wikimédia France
>>
>> [1] https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikip%C3%A9dia:WikiMOOC
>>
>> [2]
>>
>> https://www.france-universite-numerique-mooc.fr/courses/WMFr/86001/session01/about
>>
>> [3] https://twitter.com/wikimooc
>> [4] https://www.facebook.com/Wikimooc/
>> [5] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=assiAnG3lv4
>>

>> --
>> Myriam Berard
>> Wikimédia France

> Rodrigo Tetsuo Argenton
> [hidden email]
> +55 11 979 718 884

Re: [Wikimedia-l] A Massive Online Open Course about Wikipedia

Christophe Henner
Hi everyone,

A quick update on this project, we've just crossed the 5 000 registered
students.

We'll see how much will complete the course, but so far we're really happy
with this number :)

Of course we'll share more insights once this program is over.

Best,

--
Christophe

On 14 December 2015 at 19:17, Emeric Vallespi <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hello Rodrigo,
>
> Thanks for your support.
> Indeed, it is a course to understand and learn how to contribute to
> Wikipedia.
> That's why the Wikipedia community is involved.
>
> The Mooc platform ("FUN") seemed more adapted to conduct the course,
> manage inscriptions, release the different stages and support the learners.
>
> The content is free licensed (as far as I know) and the Mooc platform
> allows to release the content even after the session.
>
> You can reach out to Jules (jules.xenard AT wikimedia.fr) if you have any
> further questions.
>
> --
> Emeric
>
> > On 14 Dec 2015, at 18:31, Rodrigo Tetsuo Argenton <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Sorry, but this a course, right? So Why did you not interact with
> > Wikibooks, and Wikiversity?
> >
> > On 14 December 2015 at 14:02, Berard Myriam <[hidden email]>
> > wrote:
> >
> >> Hello everyone,
> >>
> >> For a few months now, 15 French-speaking Wikipedia editors, supported by
> >> Wikimédia France, have been working to design a Massive Online Open
> Course,
> >> to learn how to contribute to Wikipedia and discover more about the way
> it
> >> works.
> >>
> >> The WikiMOOC lasts for 5 weeks (with 2,5h of work/ week, including the
> >> duration of the courses). You can check out the project page on
> Wikipedia
> >> [1].
> >>
> >> The registration for this WikiMOOC opens today, on the FUN [2] platform
> >> (powered by the Ministry of Education and Research, in France) !
> >>
> >> The courses will start on February 22nd, 2016.
> >>
> >> Do not hesitate to share this information to all French-speaking
> >> communities you might know of. Please, note that it is possible to stay
> >> tuned via WikiMOOC's Twitter[3] and Facebook[4] accounts.
> >>
> >> Here is a short trailer about the WikiMOOC in French :) Enjoy ! [5]
> >>
> >> Please, feel free to reach out to me if you have any questions,
> >>

> >> Jules Xénard [hidden email]
> >>
> >> Wikimédia France
> >>
> >> [1] https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikip%C3%A9dia:WikiMOOC
> >>
> >> [2]
> >>

> https://www.france-universite-numerique-mooc.fr/courses/WMFr/86001/session01/about
> >>
> >> [3] https://twitter.com/wikimooc
> >> [4] https://www.facebook.com/Wikimooc/
> >> [5] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=assiAnG3lv4
> >>

> >> --
> >> Myriam Berard
> >> Wikimédia France

> > Rodrigo Tetsuo Argenton
> > [hidden email]
> > +55 11 979 718 884

Re: [Wikimedia-l] A Massive Online Open Course about Wikipedia

Anna Stillwell
Congratulations. Looking forward to hearing about how it goes.
/a

On Wed, Feb 17, 2016 at 11:19 AM, Christophe Henner <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> A quick update on this project, we've just crossed the 5 000 registered
> students.
>
> We'll see how much will complete the course, but so far we're really happy
> with this number :)
>
> Of course we'll share more insights once this program is over.
>
> Best,
>
> --
> Christophe
>
> On 14 December 2015 at 19:17, Emeric Vallespi <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > Hello Rodrigo,
> >
> > Thanks for your support.
> > Indeed, it is a course to understand and learn how to contribute to
> > Wikipedia.
> > That's why the Wikipedia community is involved.
> >
> > The Mooc platform ("FUN") seemed more adapted to conduct the course,
> > manage inscriptions, release the different stages and support the
> learners.
> >
> > The content is free licensed (as far as I know) and the Mooc platform
> > allows to release the content even after the session.
> >
> > You can reach out to Jules (jules.xenard AT wikimedia.fr) if you have
> any
> > further questions.
> >
> > --
> > Emeric
> >
> > > On 14 Dec 2015, at 18:31, Rodrigo Tetsuo Argenton <
> > [hidden email]> wrote:
> > >
> > > Sorry, but this a course, right? So Why did you not interact with
> > > Wikibooks, and Wikiversity?
> > >
> > > On 14 December 2015 at 14:02, Berard Myriam <
> [hidden email]>

> by
> > Course,
> way
> > it

> > Wikipedia

> platform

> stay

> https://www.france-universite-numerique-mooc.fr/courses/WMFr/86001/session01/about

> > > --
> > > Rodrigo Tetsuo Argenton
> > > [hidden email]
> > > +55 11 979 718 884

Anna Stillwell
Major Gifts Officer
Wikimedia Foundation
415.806.1536
*www.wikimediafoundation.org <http://www.wikimediafoundation.org>*

Re: [Wikimedia-l] A Massive Online Open Course about Wikipedia

Sydney Poore
That great to hear!

Thanks for the update. Looking forward to hearing more as the course
progresses.

Sydney

Sydney Poore
User:FloNight
Wikipedian in Residence
at Cochrane Collaboration

On Wed, Feb 17, 2016 at 2:19 PM, Christophe Henner <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> A quick update on this project, we've just crossed the 5 000 registered
> students.
>
> We'll see how much will complete the course, but so far we're really happy
> with this number :)
>
> Of course we'll share more insights once this program is over.
>
> Best,
>
> --
> Christophe
>
> On 14 December 2015 at 19:17, Emeric Vallespi <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > Hello Rodrigo,
> >
> > Thanks for your support.
> > Indeed, it is a course to understand and learn how to contribute to
> > Wikipedia.
> > That's why the Wikipedia community is involved.
> >
> > The Mooc platform ("FUN") seemed more adapted to conduct the course,
> > manage inscriptions, release the different stages and support the
> learners.
> >
> > The content is free licensed (as far as I know) and the Mooc platform
> > allows to release the content even after the session.
> >
> > You can reach out to Jules (jules.xenard AT wikimedia.fr) if you have
> any
> > further questions.
> >
> > --
> > Emeric
> >
> > > On 14 Dec 2015, at 18:31, Rodrigo Tetsuo Argenton <
> > [hidden email]> wrote:
> > >
> > > Sorry, but this a course, right? So Why did you not interact with
> > > Wikibooks, and Wikiversity?
> > >
> > > On 14 December 2015 at 14:02, Berard Myriam <
> [hidden email]>

> by
> > Course,
> way
> > it

> > Wikipedia

> platform

> stay

> https://www.france-universite-numerique-mooc.fr/courses/WMFr/86001/session01/about

> > > --
> > > Rodrigo Tetsuo Argenton
> > > [hidden email]
> > > +55 11 979 718 884

Re: [Wikimedia-l] A Massive Online Open Course about Wikipedia

Jens Best-2
Inspiring idea. Good luck with the progress.

Jens Best

> Hello everyone,
>
> For a few months now, 15 French-speaking Wikipedia editors, supported by
> Wikimédia France, have been working to design a Massive Online Open Course,
> to learn how to contribute to Wikipedia and discover more about the way it
> works.
>
> The WikiMOOC lasts for 5 weeks (with 2,5h of work/ week, including the
> duration of the courses). You can check out the project page on Wikipedia
> [1].
>
> The registration for this WikiMOOC opens today, on the FUN [2] platform
> (powered by the Ministry of Education and Research, in France) !
>
> The courses will start on February 22nd, 2016.
>
> Do not hesitate to share this information to all French-speaking
> communities you might know of. Please, note that it is possible to stay
> tuned via WikiMOOC's Twitter[3] and Facebook[4] accounts.
>
> Here is a short trailer about the WikiMOOC in French :) Enjoy ! [5]
>
> Please, feel free to reach out to me if you have any questions,
>

> Jules Xénard [hidden email]
>
> Wikimédia France
>
> [1] https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikip%C3%A9dia:WikiMOOC
>
> [2]
>
> https://www.france-universite-numerique-mooc.fr/courses/WMFr/86001/session01/about
>
> [3] https://twitter.com/wikimooc
> [4] https://www.facebook.com/Wikimooc/
> [5] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=assiAnG3lv4
>

> --
> Myriam Berard
> Wikimédia France

Re: [Wikimedia-l] A Massive Online Open Course about Wikipedia

Emeric Vallespi
Hello Wikimedians,

The French WikiMOOC is now over. And we had more than 6,000 registered users!
We are very happy and delighted with the results, not only by the number of registered users but also because 36% of participants are women, and 19% live in Africa. More than 1,000 accounts were created and around 300 articles.

The main goals of this MOOC was to have a scalable solution, to increase public awareness and improve the diversity of contributors. We believe that we've achieved these goals, and we believe it will be far easier with the next versions as the frame and the contents are already here and the team knows how to improve it.

I can't write this email without sending huge thanks to the contributors and volunteers who had the inspiration with this great idea, then designed and facilitated it, to the Wikimédia France's staff members who made it happens and especially to Jules Xénard (User:Jules78120) who asked the help of our chapter, led and coordinated it from the early stage to the end. [1]

Also, thanks to them, we are able to provide some resources about why and how to do a WikiMOOC. Hoping it might be useful if other affiliates want to try, it will for our next release, if we have enough time resources to do it again:

- The presentation and results in English on the Wikipedia project page : https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Projet:Aide_et_accueil/WikiMOOC/Présentation/en (en)
- A Learning Patterns: https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Grants:Learning_patterns/Wiki_MOOC (en)
- The Wikipedia project page which hosts the whole documentation : https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Projet:Aide_et_accueil/WikiMOOC (fr)

[1] : Credits -> https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/3/37/Crédits_WikiMOOC.pdf

Thank you, to all of you who have supported us in this program!
Warmly,
--
Emeric Vallespi
Vice President

Wikimédia France
www.wikimedia.fr | Twitter: @Wikimedia_Fr

[hidden email] | Twitter: @evallespi

> On 17 Feb 2016, at 20:43, Sydney Poore <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> That great to hear!
>
> Thanks for the update. Looking forward to hearing more as the course
> progresses.
>
> Sydney
>
> Sydney Poore
> User:FloNight
> Wikipedian in Residence
> at Cochrane Collaboration
>
> On Wed, Feb 17, 2016 at 2:19 PM, Christophe Henner <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hi everyone,
>>
>> A quick update on this project, we've just crossed the 5 000 registered
>> students.
>>
>> We'll see how much will complete the course, but so far we're really happy
>> with this number :)
>>
>> Of course we'll share more insights once this program is over.
>>
>> Best,
>>
>> --
>> Christophe
>>
>> On 14 December 2015 at 19:17, Emeric Vallespi <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hello Rodrigo,
>>>
>>> Thanks for your support.
>>> Indeed, it is a course to understand and learn how to contribute to
>>> Wikipedia.
>>> That's why the Wikipedia community is involved.
>>>
>>> The Mooc platform ("FUN") seemed more adapted to conduct the course,
>>> manage inscriptions, release the different stages and support the
>> learners.
>>>
>>> The content is free licensed (as far as I know) and the Mooc platform
>>> allows to release the content even after the session.
>>>
>>> You can reach out to Jules (jules.xenard AT wikimedia.fr) if you have
>> any
>>> further questions.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Emeric

>> [hidden email]>

>> by
>>> Course,
>> way
>>> it

>>> Wikipedia

>> platform

>> stay

>> https://www.france-universite-numerique-mooc.fr/courses/WMFr/86001/session01/about

Re: [Wikimedia-l] A Massive Online Open Course about Wikipedia

Sandra Rientjes  - Wikimedia Nederland
Hello Emeric,

This is very impressive.  Many thanks to Wikimedia France for being a
pioneer.

Best regards,

Sandra Rientjes
Directeur/Executive Director Wikimedia Nederland

tel.    (+31) (0)30 3200238
mob. (+31) (0)6  31786379

www.wikimedia.nl

*Postadres*:                                                 * Bezoekadres:*
Postbus 167                                                Mariaplaats 3
3500 AD  Utrecht                                         Utrecht

> [...]
> >> students.
> >>
> >> We'll see how much will complete the course, but so far we're really
> happy
> >> with this number :)
> >>
> >> Of course we'll share more insights once this program is over.
> >>
> >> Best,
> >>
> >> --
> >> Christophe
> >>
> >> On 14 December 2015 at 19:17, Emeric Vallespi <
> [hidden email]>

> >> learners.

> >> any

> >> [hidden email]>

> >> by
> >> way

> the

> >> platform

> >> stay

> https://www.france-universite-numerique-mooc.fr/courses/WMFr/86001/session01/about

Re: [Wikimedia-l] A Massive Online Open Course about Wikipedia

Cristian Consonni
Hi Emeric,

<[hidden email]>:
> This is very impressive.  Many thanks to Wikimedia France for being a
> pioneer.

strong +1.
Congratulations to Wikimedia France for this amazing project.

Cristian

Re: [Wikimedia-l] A Massive Online Open Course about Wikipedia

Àlex Hinojo
Thanks Emeric for sharing this impressive report. Good job!

[hidden email]>:

> [...]
> > - A Learning Patterns:
> > https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Grants:Learning_patterns/Wiki_MOOC (en)
> > - The Wikipedia project page which hosts the whole documentation :
> > https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Projet:Aide_et_accueil/WikiMOOC (fr)
> >
> > [1] : Credits ->
> > https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/3/37/Crédits_WikiMOOC.pdf
> >
> > Thank you, to all of you who have supported us in this program!
> > Warmly,
> > --
> > Emeric Vallespi
> > Vice President
> >
> > Wikimédia France
> > www.wikimedia.fr | Twitter: @Wikimedia_Fr
> >
> > [hidden email] | Twitter: @evallespi
> >
> > > On 17 Feb 2016, at 20:43, Sydney Poore <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > >
> > > That great to hear!
> > >
> > > Thanks for the update. Looking forward to hearing more as the course

Àlex Hinojo / Kippelboy
Programme Manager / Director de projectes
Amical Wikimedia
www.wikimedia.cat
@kippelboy / @Kippelboy_cat / @AmicalWikimedia

Re: [Wikimedia-l] A Massive Online Open Course about Wikipedia

Anna Torres-2
+1 Emeric!

WMAR is almost ready to launch the 3rd online course with our own e
learning platform. We will let you know too.
Thanks for sharing your resources! This is super useful!

Thanks a lot!!! Hugs and Congrats!
El abr 5, 2016 5:26 AM, "Àlex Hinojo" <[hidden email]> escribió:

> [...]
> > > www.wikimedia.fr | Twitter: @Wikimedia_Fr
> > >
> > > [hidden email] | Twitter: @evallespi

> > registered

> > > happy

> > > [hidden email]>

> course,

> platform

> > have

> > supported
> Open
> the

> including
> > > the

> [5]

> https://www.france-universite-numerique-mooc.fr/courses/WMFr/86001/session01/about

> Àlex Hinojo / Kippelboy
> Programme Manager / Director de projectes
> Amical Wikimedia
> www.wikimedia.cat
> @kippelboy / @Kippelboy_cat / @AmicalWikimedia

Re: [Wikimedia-l] A Massive Online Open Course about Wikipedia

Shani Evenstein
Hi all,

The Wikipedia Education Program
<https://outreach.wikimedia.org/wiki/Special:MyLanguage/Education> (more
specifically, the Wiki Education Collaborative
<https://outreach.wikimedia.org/wiki/Education/Wikipedia_Education_Collaborative>),
has been following the development of WikiMOOCs across our movement. Our
hope was to create dialogue and share experiences between various chapters
/ groups / individuals who are working on the same idea -- creating a wiki
MOOC -- across the Wikiverse.

So far, we've had an initial online meeting
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKlLKz8Dm2k&list=PL3tYD7kLHbTEBYZd9_vFm0Y_WrUyC0ncc&index=3>
(which was recorded) with reps from Argentina, Mexico, Sweden, Israel & the
Education team at WMF. One of the outcomes of this meeting was the
understanding that before we continue, we need to learn more about existing
experiences and curate what is already happening. The result was an
interview with Pete Forsyth
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfXvzvZBWG0&list=PL3tYD7kLHbTEBYZd9_vFm0Y_WrUyC0ncc&index=2>,
who's run a MOOC in the US, as well as an interview with reps from the
French Chapter,
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FclihxcIKU&list=PL3tYD7kLHbTEBYZd9_vFm0Y_WrUyC0ncc&index=1>
Mathieu
Denel & Jules Xénard, who have run the MOOC Emeric just reported on.

I hope the above links might help those who interested in the idea.
Also, we are planning a second WikiMOOCs meeting soon, so if any chapter /
group / individuals are interested in joining us, please let me know. :)

Cheers,
Shani.

-----------------

Shani Evenstein, WM-IL

On Tue, Apr 5, 2016 at 2:38 PM, Anna Torres <[hidden email]> wrote:

> +1 Emeric!
>
> WMAR is almost ready to launch the 3rd online course with our own e
> learning platform. We will let you know too.
> Thanks for sharing your resources! This is super useful!
>
> Thanks a lot!!! Hugs and Congrats!
> El abr 5, 2016 5:26 AM, "Àlex Hinojo" <[hidden email]> escribió:
>
> > Thanks Emeric for sharing this impressive report. Good job!

> > [hidden email]>:
> >
> > > Hello Emeric,
> > >
> > > This is very impressive.  Many thanks to Wikimedia France for being a
> > > pioneer.
> > >
> > > Best regards,
> > >

> > > Sandra Rientjes
> > > Directeur/Executive Director Wikimedia Nederland
> > >
> > > tel.    (+31) (0)30 3200238
> > > mob. (+31) (0)6  31786379
> > >
> > > www.wikimedia.nl
> > >
> > > *Postadres*:                                                 *
> > > Bezoekadres:*
> > > Postbus 167                                                Mariaplaats
> 3
> > > 3500 AD  Utrecht                                         Utrecht

> >:

> registered
> > number
> and
> > > 19%

> > increase
> believe
> > > that
> > the
> > team

> > contributors
> > > designed
> it
> the
> > > help
> end.
> > > [1]

> > and
> > want
> > do

> > page :
> > > >

> https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Projet:Aide_et_accueil/WikiMOOC/Présentation/en
> > (en)

> > https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/3/37/Crédits_WikiMOOC.pdf

> course

> > > registered

> really

> > course,

> > platform

> > > have

> with

> > > supported
> > Open
> > the

> > including

> !

> French-speaking

> > [5]

> https://www.france-universite-numerique-mooc.fr/courses/WMFr/86001/session01/about

> > Àlex Hinojo / Kippelboy
> > Programme Manager / Director de projectes
> > Amical Wikimedia
> > www.wikimedia.cat
> > @kippelboy / @Kippelboy_cat / @AmicalWikimedia

Re: [Wikimedia-l] A Massive Online Open Course about Wikipedia

Brill Lyle
I am curious about the overlap -- if any -- between the WikiMOOC
initiatives and WikiEdu. It seems like these are inter-related initiatives
that duplicate efforts to some degree? I understand WikiEdu is focused on
North America, so maybe that answers the question, but it sounds very
frustrating that these efforts are not more connected somehow. The WikiEdu
Dashboard is very cool!

I am also wondering about user metrics, and how they were measured.
Apologies, I clicked through many of the original links but didn't see that
information quickly / easily.

Best,

Erika

*Erika Herzog*
Wikipedia *User:BrillLyle* <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:BrillLyle>
Secretary, Wikimedia NYC
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Meetup/NYC>

On Tue, Apr 5, 2016 at 9:45 AM, Shani <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]
> about
> > > the

> > > including
> on

> [2]
> France)
> > !

> > French-speaking
> possible

> Enjoy !
> > > [5]

> questions,

> https://www.france-universite-numerique-mooc.fr/courses/WMFr/86001/session01/about

> > > --
> > > --
> > > Àlex Hinojo / Kippelboy
> > > Programme Manager / Director de projectes
> > > Amical Wikimedia
> > > www.wikimedia.cat
> > > @kippelboy / @Kippelboy_cat / @AmicalWikimedia

Re: [Wikimedia-l] A Massive Online Open Course about Wikipedia

Hi, Erika.

I was referring to the Wikipedia Education Program (the global one), and
specifically the Collab, a group of WikiEDU leaders from around the world,
*not* the Wiki Education Foundation (which is basically the US education
program). It's very confusing, I know! :)

In any case, our efforts focus exactly on what you've described -- we've
noticed that different parties seem to work on the same thing and are doing
what we can to create global awareness and open up a dialogue about it, so
we can learn from each other's efforts, as well as come up with a
 successful "recipe" for those who want to start one.

Best,
Shani.

On Tue, Apr 5, 2016 at 6:48 PM, Brill Lyle <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]
> (fr)

> > https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/3/37/Crédits_WikiMOOC.pdf

> > > course

> > > really

> > contribute

> > the

> > you

> > > with

> > Online
> > about

> page
> > on

> > [2]
> > France)
> > > !

> > > French-speaking
> > possible

> > Enjoy !

> > questions,

> https://www.france-universite-numerique-mooc.fr/courses/WMFr/86001/session01/about

Re: [Wikimedia-l] A Massive Online Open Course about Wikipedia

Ah. Interesting. Apologies, I didn't know the two Education programs were
different. Thanks for explaining this.

It's all very interesting. Thank you so much for sharing!

On Tue, Apr 5, 2016 at 12:16 PM, Shani <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi, Erika.
>
> I was referring to the Wikipedia Education Program (the global one), and
> specifically the Collab, a group of WikiEDU leaders from around the world,
> *not* the Wiki Education Foundation (which is basically the US education
> program). It's very confusing, I know! :)
>
> In any case, our efforts focus exactly on what you've described -- we've
> noticed that different parties seem to work on the same thing and are doing
> what we can to create global awareness and open up a dialogue about it, so
> we can learn from each other's efforts, as well as come up with a
>  successful "recipe" for those who want to start one.
>
> Best,
> Shani.
>
> On Tue, Apr 5, 2016 at 6:48 PM, Brill Lyle <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > I am curious about the overlap -- if any -- between the WikiMOOC
> > initiatives and WikiEdu. It seems like these are inter-related
> initiatives
> > that duplicate efforts to some degree? I understand WikiEdu is focused on
> > North America, so maybe that answers the question, but it sounds very
> > frustrating that these efforts are not more connected somehow. The
> WikiEdu
> > Dashboard is very cool!
> >
> > I am also wondering about user metrics, and how they were measured.
> > Apologies, I clicked through many of the original links but didn't see
> that
> > information quickly / easily.
> >
> > Best,
> >
> > Erika
> >
> > *Erika Herzog*
> > Wikipedia *User:BrillLyle* <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:BrillLyle
> >
> > Secretary, Wikimedia NYC
> > <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Meetup/NYC>

Re: [Wikimedia-l] A Massive Online Open Course about Wikipedia

Ziko van Dijk-3
Hello,

Congratulations for this project! I have looked at some figures, and
some videos, and it looks very impressive. I'm gonna have a closer
look in the nearby future.
It would be great to have something like that in other languages.
Kind regards
Ziko

> Ah. Interesting. Apologies, I didn't know the two Education programs were
> different. Thanks for explaining this.
>
> It's all very interesting. Thank you so much for sharing!
>
> - Erika
>

> *Erika Herzog*
> Wikipedia *User:BrillLyle* <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:BrillLyle>
>
> On Tue, Apr 5, 2016 at 12:16 PM, Shani <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hi, Erika.
>>
>> I was referring to the Wikipedia Education Program (the global one), and
>> specifically the Collab, a group of WikiEDU leaders from around the world,
>> *not* the Wiki Education Foundation (which is basically the US education
>> program). It's very confusing, I know! :)
>>
>> In any case, our efforts focus exactly on what you've described -- we've
>> noticed that different parties seem to work on the same thing and are doing
>> what we can to create global awareness and open up a dialogue about it, so
>> we can learn from each other's efforts, as well as come up with a
>>  successful "recipe" for those who want to start one.
>>
>> Best,
>> Shani.
>>
>> On Tue, Apr 5, 2016 at 6:48 PM, Brill Lyle <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> > I am curious about the overlap -- if any -- between the WikiMOOC
>> > initiatives and WikiEdu. It seems like these are inter-related
>> initiatives
>> > that duplicate efforts to some degree? I understand WikiEdu is focused on
>> > North America, so maybe that answers the question, but it sounds very
>> > frustrating that these efforts are not more connected somehow. The
>> WikiEdu
>> > Dashboard is very cool!
>> >
>> > I am also wondering about user metrics, and how they were measured.
>> > Apologies, I clicked through many of the original links but didn't see
>> that
>> > information quickly / easily.
>> >
>> > Best,
>> >
>> > Erika
>> >
>> > *Erika Herzog*
>> > Wikipedia *User:BrillLyle* <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:BrillLyle
>> >
>> > Secretary, Wikimedia NYC
>> > <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Meetup/NYC>

Re: [Wikimedia-l] A Massive Online Open Course about Wikipedia

Anna Torres-2
Hi Ziko,

We have done 2 MOOC with WMAR. So far, +2000 articles has been improved by
their participants.

We have published a digital publication of the experience. You can find it
here <http://wikimedia.org.ar/wikipuentes/>. Itt is also available in
english.

On the other side, we are preparing our 3rd online course in our own
e-learning platform, that would be available for the movement.

Hope it helps!

Hugs

> Hello,
>
> Congratulations for this project! I have looked at some figures, and
> some videos, and it looks very impressive. I'm gonna have a closer
> look in the nearby future.
> It would be great to have something like that in other languages.
> Kind regards
> Ziko

> > Ah. Interesting. Apologies, I didn't know the two Education programs were
> > different. Thanks for explaining this.
> >
> > It's all very interesting. Thank you so much for sharing!
> >
> > - Erika
> >

> > *Erika Herzog*
> > Wikipedia *User:BrillLyle* <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:BrillLyle
> >

> > On Tue, Apr 5, 2016 at 12:16 PM, Shani <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> >> Hi, Erika.
> >>
> >> I was referring to the Wikipedia Education Program (the global one), and
> >> specifically the Collab, a group of WikiEDU leaders from around the
> world,
> >> *not* the Wiki Education Foundation (which is basically the US education
> >> program). It's very confusing, I know! :)
> >>
> >> In any case, our efforts focus exactly on what you've described -- we've
> >> noticed that different parties seem to work on the same thing and are
> doing
> >> what we can to create global awareness and open up a dialogue about it,
> so
> >> we can learn from each other's efforts, as well as come up with a
> >>  successful "recipe" for those who want to start one.
> >>
> >> Best,
> >> Shani.

> >> initiatives
> focused on
> >> WikiEdu

> >> that

> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:BrillLyle

Anna Torres Adell
Directora Ejecutiva
*A.C. Wikimedia Argentina*

Re: [Wikimedia-l] A Massive Online Open Course about Wikipedia

Katharina Nocun
Hi Anna,

that sounds great! Do you know when your e-learning platform will
launch? And what technical infrastructure did you use (own development
or something like canvas or moodle?)? Sounds very very exciting!

Best Regards,

Katta

Am 07.04.2016 um 20:52 schrieb Anna Torres:

> Hi Ziko,
>
> We have done 2 MOOC with WMAR. So far, +2000 articles has been improved by
> their participants.
>
> We have published a digital publication of the experience. You can find it
> here <http://wikimedia.org.ar/wikipuentes/>. Itt is also available in
> english.
>
> On the other side, we are preparing our 3rd online course in our own
> e-learning platform, that would be available for the movement.
>
> Hope it helps!
>
> Hugs

>> Hello,
>>
>> Congratulations for this project! I have looked at some figures, and
>> some videos, and it looks very impressive. I'm gonna have a closer
>> look in the nearby future.
>> It would be great to have something like that in other languages.
>> Kind regards
>> Ziko

>>> Ah. Interesting. Apologies, I didn't know the two Education programs were
>>> different. Thanks for explaining this.
>>>
>>> It's all very interesting. Thank you so much for sharing!
>>>
>>> - Erika
>>>

>>> *Erika Herzog*
>>> Wikipedia *User:BrillLyle* <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:BrillLyle

>> world,

>> doing
>> so

>> focused on

>> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:BrillLyle

Katharina Nocun
Projektmanager (Online-) Kampagnen

Tel. +49 (0)30-219 15 826-0
http://wikimedia.de

Stellen Sie sich eine Welt vor, in der jeder Mensch an der Menge allen Wissens frei teilhaben kann.
Helfen Sie uns dabei!
http://spenden.wikimedia.de/

Wikimedia Deutschland - Gesellschaft zur Förderung Freien Wissens e. V. Eingetragen im Vereinsregister des Amtsgerichts Berlin-Charlottenburg unter der Nummer 23855 B.
Als gemeinnützig anerkannt durch das Finanzamt für Körperschaften I Berlin, Steuernummer 27/029/42207.

Re: [Wikimedia-l] A Massive Online Open Course about Wikipedia

Anna Torres-2
Hi Katharine,

The platform will be a Moodle, but with a friendly design to attrack
teachers and students interests.

Will be lauched at the end of May and of course we will presenting the
platform here!!

Thanks a lot! Yes, it is very very exiting!

Hugs and keep in touch!