[Wikimedia-l] ASBS results

Chris Keating-2
Dear all,

On behalf of the election facilitators I would like to let you know the
results of the Affiliate Selected Board Seats election.

The candidates who won the election are Patricio Lorente and Frieda
Brioschi, and therefore the movement affiliates recommend the Board
appoints them.

There were 27 votes cast by movement affiliates,  and the results at each
stage of the count (under the STV system) were  as follows.

STEP 1
Votes:
Sums: Patricio Lorente (15.50); Alice Wiegand (5.50); Frieda
Brioschi(5.00); Anders Wennersten (1.00)
Patricio wins.

STEP 2
Votes:
  Sums: Frieda (8.73); Alice (6.74); Anders (1.53)
  Anders loses.

STEP 3
Votes:
Sums: Frieda (9.26); Alice (7.74)
Alice loses.

STEP 4
Votes:
Sums: Frieda (17.00)
Frieda wins.

The 0.5 votes in the first round occur because some affiliates put two
candidates as 1st preference: this was treated as a half-vote for each
candidate.

The election result was counted independently by two of the facilitators,
one using a script and the other using pen-and-paper, to verify one
anothers' results.

Do let us know if you have any further questions regarding the process.

I would like to thank all the candidates and everyone who participated in
the selection process, and particularly Alice Wiegand for her two years of
service on the WMF Board.

Regards,

Chris

on behalf of James Hare, Lorenzo Losa and Chris Keating, election
facilitators

Re: [Wikimedia-l] ASBS results

Carlos M. Colina
Congratulations to Frieda and Patricio!  All the best!!

M.

Sent from Samsung Mobile

Re: [Wikimedia-l] ASBS results

Santiago Navarro
Felicidades Patricio / Auguri Frieda

--
Santiago Navarro Sanz
Wikimedia España

Re: [Wikimedia-l] ASBS results

Jon Davies
Yes well done, and thanks to all who stood making this a really difficult
choice for us all!

On 3 June 2014 08:42, Santi Navarro <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Felicidades Patricio / Auguri Frieda
>
> --
> Santiago Navarro Sanz
> Wikimedia España
> http://www.wikimedia.org.es/

*Jon Davies - Chief Executive Wikimedia UK*.  Mobile (0044) 7803 505 169
tweet @jonatreesdavies

Telephone (0044) 207 065 0990.

Visit http://www.wikimedia.org.uk/ and @wikimediauk

Re: [Wikimedia-l] ASBS results

Patricio Lorente
Thank you, chapters and thorgs! I take your decision as a vote of
confidence that encourages me to work harder and better.

Congratulations, Frieda! I'm really happy to share with you this
responsability and I'm looking forward to work with you in the Board.

I also need to thank Alice for her work and commitment. I have the
privilege to be her friend and I've learnt a lot from her in these two
years. I will miss you in the Board.

Last, but not least, thanks to Anders for having the courage to nominate
himself and bringing his views and his opinion to this process.

                                                             Patricio

PS: Thanks to Chris, Lorenzo and James for your work in the selection
process.

> Yes well done, and thanks to all who stood making this a really difficult
> choice for us all!
>

> On 3 June 2014 08:42, Santi Navarro <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > Felicidades Patricio / Auguri Frieda
> >
> > --
> > Santiago Navarro Sanz
> > Wikimedia España
> > http://www.wikimedia.org.es/

> *Jon Davies - Chief Executive Wikimedia UK*.  Mobile (0044) 7803 505 169
> tweet @jonatreesdavies

> movement. The Wikimedia projects are run by the Wikimedia Foundation (who
> operate Wikipedia, amongst other projects).
> Telephone (0044) 207 065 0990.
>
> Visit http://www.wikimedia.org.uk/ and @wikimediauk

Patricio Lorente
Blog: http://www.patriciolorente.com.ar
Identi.ca // Twitter: @patriciolorente

Re: [Wikimedia-l] ASBS results

Anders Wennersten-2
Congratulations to you Patricio and Frieda!

I am very glad to see the thorough support you Patricio got. Having met
you during our last three FDC sessions I know that you are worthy of the
full confidence the chapters have in you.

I am also looking forward to see the renewed Board getting into action.
With more experience built up in the Board, new fresh insights from
Frieda and with our new wonderful ED, I have high expectations that old
problems  will be quickly resolved and focus will be evolving our
mission and movement  by utilizing the the many opportunities and
possibilities of cooperations in our drive for our vision- free
knowledge for all humankind!

Anders

Patricio Lorente skrev 2014-06-03 13:43:

> Thank you, chapters and thorgs! I take your decision as a vote of
> confidence that encourages me to work harder and better.
>
> Congratulations, Frieda! I'm really happy to share with you this
> responsability and I'm looking forward to work with you in the Board.
>
> I also need to thank Alice for her work and commitment. I have the
> privilege to be her friend and I've learnt a lot from her in these two
> years. I will miss you in the Board.
>
> Last, but not least, thanks to Anders for having the courage to nominate
> himself and bringing his views and his opinion to this process.
>
>                                                               Patricio
>
> PS: Thanks to Chris, Lorenzo and James for your work in the selection
> process.

>> Yes well done, and thanks to all who stood making this a really difficult
>> choice for us all!
>>

>> On 3 June 2014 08:42, Santi Navarro <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Felicidades Patricio / Auguri Frieda
>>>
>>> --
>>> Santiago Navarro Sanz
>>> Wikimedia España
>>> http://www.wikimedia.org.es/

>> --
>> *Jon Davies - Chief Executive Wikimedia UK*.  Mobile (0044) 7803 505 169
>> tweet @jonatreesdavies
>>
>> Wikimedia UK is a Company Limited by Guarantee registered in England and
>> Wales, Registered No. 6741827. Registered Charity No.1144513. Registered
>> Office 4th Floor, Development House, 56-64 Leonard Street, London EC2A 4LT.
>> United Kingdom. Wikimedia UK is the UK chapter of a global Wikimedia
>> movement. The Wikimedia projects are run by the Wikimedia Foundation (who
>> operate Wikipedia, amongst other projects).
>> Telephone (0044) 207 065 0990.
>>
>> Visit http://www.wikimedia.org.uk/ and @wikimediauk

Re: [Wikimedia-l] ASBS results

Frieda Brioschi
Wow, I'm breathless :-))))

..I've many to thank:
* thank you voters for your choice, I'll do my best
* thank you Wikimedia Italia for your support, it was really important to me
* thank you Patricio, Alice and Anders, it was great sharing this
experience with you
* thank you Chris, Lorenzo and James for your work

I'm looking forward to begin and I'll need your feedback, input and idea to
make this adventure perfect.

Frieda

Re: [Wikimedia-l] ASBS results

Wiegand Alice
Thanks to the organizers and facilitators for setting up the process.
And congratulations to Frieda and Patricio. I wish both of you every
success, strength and support for your work on the Board!

Alice.

On Tue, Jun 3, 2014 at 3:03 PM, Frieda Brioschi <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Wow, I'm breathless :-))))
>
> ..I've many to thank:
> * thank you voters for your choice, I'll do my best
> * thank you Wikimedia Italia for your support, it was really important to
> me
> * thank you Patricio, Alice and Anders, it was great sharing this
> experience with you
> * thank you Chris, Lorenzo and James for your work
>
> I'm looking forward to begin and I'll need your feedback, input and idea to
> make this adventure perfect.
>
> Frieda

Re: [Wikimedia-l] ASBS results

Craig Franklin
A big congratulations to Patricio and Frieda, I know it's been a long time
between drinks for Frieda in particular but I'm very comfortable and
confident that both of you will do an excellent job.  A massive thanks is
also due to Alice Wiegand; around about the time that you joined the BoT it
started to become more responsive to community expectations, more
transparent, and all around effective as a governance group.  I am sure
that this is not a coincidence.

Cheers,
Craig Franklin