[Wikimedia-l] Alex Roshuk / User:Alex756

[Wikimedia-l] Alex Roshuk / User:Alex756

James Forrester-2
I have learnt from Facebook that Alex Roshuk, old-time Wikimedian who
helped set up the Wikimedia Foundation back in the day (including
co-drafting the bylaws), has died.

I've "memorialised" his user page and user talk on enwiki.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Alex756
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_talk:Alex756

Yours,

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Alex Roshuk / User:Alex756

Shlomi Fish
On Mon, 10 Nov 2014 13:36:35 +0000
James Forrester <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I have learnt from Facebook that Alex Roshuk, old-time Wikimedian who
> helped set up the Wikimedia Foundation back in the day (including
> co-drafting the bylaws), has died.
>
> I've "memorialised" his user page and user talk on enwiki.
>
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Alex756
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_talk:Alex756

sorry to hear that.

Regards,

        Shlomi Fish

> Yours,

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Alex Roshuk / User:Alex756

Michael Snow-5
On 11/10/2014 5:36 AM, James Forrester wrote:
> I have learnt from Facebook that Alex Roshuk, old-time Wikimedian who
> helped set up the Wikimedia Foundation back in the day (including
> co-drafting the bylaws), has died.
I am quite saddened to hear this news - in Wikipedia's early years and
while the Wikimedia Foundation was being created, Alex was a
tremendously important part of the community. In addition to helping
draft the original bylaws and providing other legal advice, he deserves
credit for his part in shaping our culture of high standards for dealing
with copyrights, licensing obligations, and other legal issues. I'm glad
that I was able to meet him in person at Wikimania in Boston, when he
was still a somewhat active participant.

--Michael Snow