[Wikimedia-l] Amical Wikimedia 2017 Brand New Board

[Wikimedia-l] Amical Wikimedia 2017 Brand New Board

Àlex Hinojo
Hi,

After two weeks of open elections, I'm glad to announce you the brand *new
board of Amical Wikimedia*, with 8 members, of which 5 are new.

   - Laia Benito Pericas - Chair
   - Lluís Madurell Alemany - Secretary
   - Xavier Dengra Grau - Treasurer
   - Josep Nogué -  Member (former treasurer)
   - Carles Paredes  -  Member (former secretary)
   - David Parreño Mont - Member
   - Esther Bonet Solé  - Member
   - Pau Colominas -   Member

Arnau Duran, our former president, was not running for a new term, and both
the board and the community are grateful for his service these years.

On meta you can see their usernames correspondance:
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Amical_Wikimedia#Board

Sincerely,

Àlex Hinojo
Amical Wikimedia ED
--
Àlex Hinojo

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Amical Wikimedia 2017 Brand New Board

Santiago Navarro-2
Enhorabona a Amical Wikimedia. Des de Wikimedia Espanya us desitgem
molts èxits en esta nova etapa i esperem poder seguir col·laborant amb
vosaltres. Gràcies a Arnau per la seva feina durant el periode que
acaba.

Congratulations Amical Wikimedia. Wikimedia Spain wishes you a lot of
success during this new period and we hope that we can collaborate with
you like in the past. Thanks Arnau for your work during the period that
finished.

--
Santiago Navarro Sanz
Presidente

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Amical Wikimedia 2017 Brand New Board

Katy Love
Welcome to Amical's new board members! Congratulations to you all!

I want to give a big thank you to Arnau Duran. Arnau, I have enjoyed
working with you for many years. I appreciate all you've done for Amical
and the Wikimedia movement. Thank you for all your service, hard work, and
dedication!

Katy

On Thu, Mar 16, 2017 at 7:17 AM, Àlex Hinojo <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> After two weeks of open elections, I'm glad to announce you the brand *new
> board of Amical Wikimedia*, with 8 members, of which 5 are new.
>

>    - Laia Benito Pericas - Chair
>    - Lluís Madurell Alemany - Secretary
>    - Xavier Dengra Grau - Treasurer
>    - Josep Nogué -  Member (former treasurer)
>    - Carles Paredes  -  Member (former secretary)
>    - David Parreño Mont - Member
>    - Esther Bonet Solé  - Member
>    - Pau Colominas -   Member
>

> Arnau Duran, our former president, was not running for a new term, and both
> the board and the community are grateful for his service these years.
>
> On meta you can see their usernames correspondance:
> https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Amical_Wikimedia#Board
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Àlex Hinojo
> Amical Wikimedia ED
> --
> Àlex Hinojo

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Amical Wikimedia 2017 Brand New Board

Quim Gil-2
Hola!

On Thu, Mar 16, 2017 at 3:17 PM, Àlex Hinojo <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> After two weeks of open elections, I'm glad to announce you the brand *new
> board of Amical Wikimedia*, with 8 members, of which 5 are new.
>

>    - Laia Benito Pericas - Chair
>    - Lluís Madurell Alemany - Secretary
>    - Xavier Dengra Grau - Treasurer
>    - Josep Nogué -  Member (former treasurer)
>    - Carles Paredes  -  Member (former secretary)
>    - David Parreño Mont - Member
>    - Esther Bonet Solé  - Member
>    - Pau Colominas -   Member

Congratulations! The former board was a dream team and after renewing 5 of
8 seats (and changing the roles of the previous board members...) the new
board is... another dream team!

Other interesting points:

* Most of these members are very active editors (VERY).
* Some of them joined not that long ago (I mean, a few years).
* Some of them... learned to write not that long ago  ;) (I mean, I'd be
curious to know the median age of this board) and they can be considered
"native Wikipedians".
* All of them have been regularly involved in editathons, workshops, GLAM,
Wiki Loves contests, social media and comms... as much as featured
articles, fighting vandalism, cleaning tasks, connecting with Wikidata,
administering Wikisource, Wikibooks...

Arnau Duran, our former president, was not running for a new term, and both
> the board and the community are grateful for his service these years.

Arnau would deserve a paid retirement, but Wikimedia is not there yet.  ;)

PS: as a not very active member of Amical I am probably biased, but a) I
didn't participate in the election and b) many people ask me about the
factors of success of Amical, and imho there you have the tip of the
iceberg.

--
Quim Gil
http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/User:Qgil