[Wikimedia-l] Annoucement from the Executive Director of Wikimedia Argentina

[Wikimedia-l] Annoucement from the Executive Director of Wikimedia Argentina

Osmar Valdebenito-2
Dear members of the Wikimedia Movement:

In the past weeks, I've taken the decision to resign to my position of
Executive Director of Wikimedia Argentina. This decision was presented to
the Board of the chapter past Saturday and it was accepted.

For personal and professional reasons, I've decided to return to my
country, Chile, in the following weeks and start a new stage of my life.
Two years ago, I was presented with the opportunity of living in Argentina
and working for one of my passions. This was a big challenge for me: I had
to leave my country and my family and work in a foreign country. These last
18 months have been a unique experience and I've learnt a lot, becoming a
better professional and a more mature person. However, at the same time I
feel that I need to move on and continue with new projects and challenges.

Certainly, this has not been an easy decision for me, because I'm very fond
of this work, the people that have participated in our activities and the
projects we worked on and we are still working on.

I leave the Association in a very different position than when I took
office. We have several ongoing projects and we regularized all the delayed
paperwork. We became the first organization from a developing country to
get an Annual Plan Grant via FDC and have been one of the best-graded
chapters in both processes. We are now a reliable and serious organization,
continuing a process of professionalization that can improve our programs,
making them more efficient and more effective. Clearly, this has not been
only due to my work, which is why I thank the Board of the Chapter that
helped me in everything and to María Cruz, which has been a great colleague
these months.

My main interest is that Wikimedia Argentina continues to grow, which is
why we have decided that my departure occurs at the end of March. This will
allow us to work calmly to ensure the continuity of the ongoing projects of
Wikimedia Argentina and the transfer of knowledge once the new Executive
Director takes office. In any case, I will continue to participate as a
member and Wikimedia volunteer, once this period expires. By request of our
Board, I will also attend the next Wikimedia Conference, so I will be able
to transmit the experiences of Wikimedia Argentina in the last year.

I appreciate the trust placed in me by the Board and all the members of
Wikimedia Argentina and their support all these months. I'm sure they will
continue the great work we have done lately.

Kind regards,

*Osmar Valdebenito G.*
Director Ejecutivo
A. C. Wikimedia Argentina

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Annoucement from the Executive Director of Wikimedia Argentina

Anders Wennersten-2
Good luck in your future endeavors!

And much thanks to you for the excellent job you with help of your
colleagues have done, making WMAR a model for chapters

Anders

Osmar Valdebenito skrev 2014-01-28 17:59:

> Dear members of the Wikimedia Movement:
>
> In the past weeks, I've taken the decision to resign to my position of
> Executive Director of Wikimedia Argentina. This decision was presented to
> the Board of the chapter past Saturday and it was accepted.
>
> For personal and professional reasons, I've decided to return to my
> country, Chile, in the following weeks and start a new stage of my life.
> Two years ago, I was presented with the opportunity of living in Argentina
> and working for one of my passions. This was a big challenge for me: I had
> to leave my country and my family and work in a foreign country. These last
> 18 months have been a unique experience and I've learnt a lot, becoming a
> better professional and a more mature person. However, at the same time I
> feel that I need to move on and continue with new projects and challenges.
>
> Certainly, this has not been an easy decision for me, because I'm very fond
> of this work, the people that have participated in our activities and the
> projects we worked on and we are still working on.
>
> I leave the Association in a very different position than when I took
> office. We have several ongoing projects and we regularized all the delayed
> paperwork. We became the first organization from a developing country to
> get an Annual Plan Grant via FDC and have been one of the best-graded
> chapters in both processes. We are now a reliable and serious organization,
> continuing a process of professionalization that can improve our programs,
> making them more efficient and more effective. Clearly, this has not been
> only due to my work, which is why I thank the Board of the Chapter that
> helped me in everything and to María Cruz, which has been a great colleague
> these months.
>
> My main interest is that Wikimedia Argentina continues to grow, which is
> why we have decided that my departure occurs at the end of March. This will
> allow us to work calmly to ensure the continuity of the ongoing projects of
> Wikimedia Argentina and the transfer of knowledge once the new Executive
> Director takes office. In any case, I will continue to participate as a
> member and Wikimedia volunteer, once this period expires. By request of our
> Board, I will also attend the next Wikimedia Conference, so I will be able
> to transmit the experiences of Wikimedia Argentina in the last year.
>
> I appreciate the trust placed in me by the Board and all the members of
> Wikimedia Argentina and their support all these months. I'm sure they will
> continue the great work we have done lately.
>
> Kind regards,
>
> *Osmar Valdebenito G.*
> Director Ejecutivo
> A. C. Wikimedia Argentina

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Annoucement from the Executive Director of Wikimedia Argentina

Jon Davies
Really sad to see you go.

On 28 January 2014 17:11, Anders Wennersten <[hidden email]>wrote:

> [...]
>> why we have decided that my departure occurs at the end of March. This
>> will
>> allow us to work calmly to ensure the continuity of the ongoing projects
>> of
>> Wikimedia Argentina and the transfer of knowledge once the new Executive
>> Director takes office. In any case, I will continue to participate as a
>> member and Wikimedia volunteer, once this period expires. By request of
>> our
>> Board, I will also attend the next Wikimedia Conference, so I will be able
>> to transmit the experiences of Wikimedia Argentina in the last year.
>>
>> I appreciate the trust placed in me by the Board and all the members of
>> Wikimedia Argentina and their support all these months. I'm sure they will
>> continue the great work we have done lately.

*Jon Davies - Chief Executive Wikimedia UK*.  Mobile (0044) 7803 505 169
tweet @jonatreesdavies

Telephone (0044) 207 065 0990.

Visit http://www.wikimedia.org.uk/ and @wikimediauk

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Annoucement from the Executive Director of Wikimedia Argentina

Tonmoy Khan
Hello Osmar,

It's really sad to see you go so quick. You have done tons of good works at
WMAR & we are thankful to you for your earnest efforts. Best of luck with
out future plans.

Take care

Ali

Ali Haidar Khan (tOnmOy)
Treasurer
Wikimedia Bangladesh

"ভাবুনতো এমন এক পৃথিবীর কথা, যেখানে প্রতিটি মানুষ সমস্ত জ্ঞান বাধাহীন ভাবে
আদান প্রদান করতে পারবে। এটাই আমাদের অঙ্গীকার।"

On Tue, Jan 28, 2014 at 11:12 PM, Jon Davies <[hidden email]>wrote:

> [...]
> able
> >> to transmit the experiences of Wikimedia Argentina in the last year.
> >>
> >> I appreciate the trust placed in me by the Board and all the members of
> >> Wikimedia Argentina and their support all these months. I'm sure they
> will
> >> continue the great work we have done lately.
> >>
> >> Kind regards,
> >>
> >> *Osmar Valdebenito G.*
> >> Director Ejecutivo
> >> A. C. Wikimedia Argentina

> *Jon Davies - Chief Executive Wikimedia UK*.  Mobile (0044) 7803 505 169
> tweet @jonatreesdavies

> movement. The Wikimedia projects are run by the Wikimedia Foundation (who
> operate Wikipedia, amongst other projects).
> Telephone (0044) 207 065 0990.
>
> Visit http://www.wikimedia.org.uk/ and @wikimediauk

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Annoucement from the Executive Director of Wikimedia Argentina

Sydney Poore
Osmar,

Sorry to see you leaving the position. And I'm glad to you are assisting with the transition and plan to stay involved.

Best of  luck with your future ventures.

Sydney Poore
User:FloNight

Sent from my iPhone

On Jan 28, 2014, at 11:59, Osmar Valdebenito <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Dear members of the Wikimedia Movement:
>
> In the past weeks, I've taken the decision to resign to my position of
> Executive Director of Wikimedia Argentina. This decision was presented to
> the Board of the chapter past Saturday and it was accepted.
>
> For personal and professional reasons, I've decided to return to my
> country, Chile, in the following weeks and start a new stage of my life.
> Two years ago, I was presented with the opportunity of living in Argentina
> and working for one of my passions. This was a big challenge for me: I had
> to leave my country and my family and work in a foreign country. These last
> 18 months have been a unique experience and I've learnt a lot, becoming a
> better professional and a more mature person. However, at the same time I
> feel that I need to move on and continue with new projects and challenges.
>
> Certainly, this has not been an easy decision for me, because I'm very fond
> of this work, the people that have participated in our activities and the
> projects we worked on and we are still working on.
>
> I leave the Association in a very different position than when I took
> office. We have several ongoing projects and we regularized all the delayed
> paperwork. We became the first organization from a developing country to
> get an Annual Plan Grant via FDC and have been one of the best-graded
> chapters in both processes. We are now a reliable and serious organization,
> continuing a process of professionalization that can improve our programs,
> making them more efficient and more effective. Clearly, this has not been
> only due to my work, which is why I thank the Board of the Chapter that
> helped me in everything and to María Cruz, which has been a great colleague
> these months.
>
> My main interest is that Wikimedia Argentina continues to grow, which is
> why we have decided that my departure occurs at the end of March. This will
> allow us to work calmly to ensure the continuity of the ongoing projects of
> Wikimedia Argentina and the transfer of knowledge once the new Executive
> Director takes office. In any case, I will continue to participate as a
> member and Wikimedia volunteer, once this period expires. By request of our
> Board, I will also attend the next Wikimedia Conference, so I will be able
> to transmit the experiences of Wikimedia Argentina in the last year.
>
> I appreciate the trust placed in me by the Board and all the members of
> Wikimedia Argentina and their support all these months. I'm sure they will
> continue the great work we have done lately.
>
> Kind regards,
>
> *Osmar Valdebenito G.*
> Director Ejecutivo
> A. C. Wikimedia Argentina

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Annoucement from the Executive Director of Wikimedia Argentina

Michael Jahn-3
Take care, Osmar, and all the best to you!

Michael

--
Michael Jahn
Leiter Kommunikation

Tel. (030) 219 158 260

http://wikimedia.de <http://www.wikimedia.de/>

Stellen Sie sich eine Welt vor, in der jeder Mensch freien Zugang zu der
Gesamtheit des Wissens der Menschheit hat. Helfen Sie uns dabei!

2014-01-28 <[hidden email]>

> [...]
> > Director takes office. In any case, I will continue to participate as a
> > member and Wikimedia volunteer, once this period expires. By request of
> our
> > Board, I will also attend the next Wikimedia Conference, so I will be
> able
> > to transmit the experiences of Wikimedia Argentina in the last year.
> >
> > I appreciate the trust placed in me by the Board and all the members of
> > Wikimedia Argentina and their support all these months. I'm sure they
> will
> > continue the great work we have done lately.
> >
> > Kind regards,
> >
> > *Osmar Valdebenito G.*
> > Director Ejecutivo
> > A. C. Wikimedia Argentina

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Annoucement from the Executive Director of Wikimedia Argentina

Srikanth Ramakrishnan-3
Really sad to see you go!
Wishing you the very best in your future endeavors.

On Tue, Jan 28, 2014 at 11:53 PM, Michael Jahn <[hidden email]>wrote:

> [...]
> > will
> > > allow us to work calmly to ensure the continuity of the ongoing
> projects
> > of
> > > Wikimedia Argentina and the transfer of knowledge once the new
> Executive
> > > Director takes office. In any case, I will continue to participate as a
> > > member and Wikimedia volunteer, once this period expires. By request of
> > our
> > > Board, I will also attend the next Wikimedia Conference, so I will be
> > able
> > > to transmit the experiences of Wikimedia Argentina in the last year.
> > >
> > > I appreciate the trust placed in me by the Board and all the members of
> > > Wikimedia Argentina and their support all these months. I'm sure they
> > will
> > > continue the great work we have done lately.

Srikanth Ramakrishnan
Treasurer,
Wikimedia Chapter [India]

Donate to the Wikimedia India Chapter today<http://wiki.wikimedia.in/Donations>

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Annoucement from the Executive Director of Wikimedia Argentina

Oona Castro
Best of luck, Osmar! And congratulations for the work you've done.
Let's keep in touch.
Oona