[Wikimedia-l] Announcement regarding Host for Wikimania 2016

[Wikimedia-l] Announcement regarding Host for Wikimania 2016

Ellie Young
Dear Wikimedians,

On the recommendation of the Wikimania 2016 selection Jury Committee, we have accepted the proposal from the Esino Lario Italy team.   The  Wikimania Esino Lario team is composed mainly of volunteers.  It is promoted by  Wikimedia Italia and Wikimedia CH in partnership with Esino Lario city council, Ecomuseo delle Grigne, Pro Loco Esino Lario, Parco Regionale della Grigna Settentionale and the Esino Lario local associations and community. nThe proposal will be further vetted by the WMF staff in the coming months, after which time we hope to confirm the award.   Please join us in congratulating Wikimania Esino Lario!

https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimania_2016_bids/Esino_Lario

We would also like to thank the team from Manila, Philippines for their efforts in putting together excellent proposal.  As a volunteer-led movement, it is hugely encouraging to have so many who want to support Wikimania. The bidding process requires a substantial time investment, and we are most grateful for every team’s hard work.

For those of you who are considering hosting in future years, we expect to issue the Request for Proposals  for 2017  in September.

Sincerely,

Ellie Young, WMF Conference Coordinator
On behalf of the Wikimania Steering Committee

Re: [Wikimedia-l] [Wikimania-l] Announcement regarding Host for Wikimania 2016

Erik Moeller-4
Kudos to the team and to the jury for daring to try something totally
new & exciting for Wikimania 2016 that sounds just a little bit crazy.
:D I am hugely looking forward to being part of this -- and I think
everyone who signs up to come will do so in the spirit of exploration
& adventure in which this bid is undertaken.

I've been to many conferences, offsites, retreats and what have you.
The ones that stick most in my mind are the ones that combined an
interesting environment, challenges to overcome, and lots of rich,
intimate conversations, woven together into an unforgettable
experience. It sounds like Wikimania 2016 will have plenty of "all of
the above". :)

Erik

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Announcement regarding Host for Wikimania 2016

Emeric Vallespi-2
Congratulations to all people involved in this choice and, on behalf of Wikimédia France, special big congratulations to Wikimedia IT and Wikimedia CH who led it all \o/ !!

--
Emeric Vallespi
Vice President

Wikimédia France
www.wikimedia.fr | Twitter: @Wikimedia_Fr

[hidden email]
Twitter: @evallespi

> On 21 Jan 2015, at 00:24, Ellie Young <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Dear Wikimedians,
>
> On the recommendation of the Wikimania 2016 selection Jury Committee, we have accepted the proposal from the Esino Lario Italy team.   The  Wikimania Esino Lario team is composed mainly of volunteers.  It is promoted by  Wikimedia Italia and Wikimedia CH in partnership with Esino Lario city council, Ecomuseo delle Grigne, Pro Loco Esino Lario, Parco Regionale della Grigna Settentionale and the Esino Lario local associations and community. nThe proposal will be further vetted by the WMF staff in the coming months, after which time we hope to confirm the award.   Please join us in congratulating Wikimania Esino Lario!
>
> https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimania_2016_bids/Esino_Lario
>
> We would also like to thank the team from Manila, Philippines for their efforts in putting together excellent proposal.  As a volunteer-led movement, it is hugely encouraging to have so many who want to support Wikimania. The bidding process requires a substantial time investment, and we are most grateful for every team’s hard work.
>
> For those of you who are considering hosting in future years, we expect to issue the Request for Proposals  for 2017  in September.
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Ellie Young, WMF Conference Coordinator
> On behalf of the Wikimania Steering Committee

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Announcement regarding Host for Wikimania 2016

Ivan Martínez
Auguri!
Will be a peculiar but a successful Wikimania!

> Congratulations to all people involved in this choice and, on behalf of
> Wikimédia France, special big congratulations to Wikimedia IT and Wikimedia
> CH who led it all \o/ !!
>

> --
> Emeric Vallespi
> Vice President
>
> Wikimédia France
> www.wikimedia.fr | Twitter: @Wikimedia_Fr
>
> [hidden email]
> Twitter: @evallespi
>
> > On 21 Jan 2015, at 00:24, Ellie Young <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Dear Wikimedians,
> >
> > On the recommendation of the Wikimania 2016 selection Jury Committee, we
> have accepted the proposal from the Esino Lario Italy team.   The
> Wikimania Esino Lario team is composed mainly of volunteers.  It is
> promoted by  Wikimedia Italia and Wikimedia CH in partnership with Esino
> Lario city council, Ecomuseo delle Grigne, Pro Loco Esino Lario, Parco
> Regionale della Grigna Settentionale and the Esino Lario local associations
> and community. nThe proposal will be further vetted by the WMF staff in the
> coming months, after which time we hope to confirm the award.   Please join
> us in congratulating Wikimania Esino Lario!
> >
> > https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimania_2016_bids/Esino_Lario
> >
> > We would also like to thank the team from Manila, Philippines for their
> efforts in putting together excellent proposal.  As a volunteer-led
> movement, it is hugely encouraging to have so many who want to support
> Wikimania. The bidding process requires a substantial time investment, and
> we are most grateful for every team’s hard work.
> >
> > For those of you who are considering hosting in future years, we expect
> to issue the Request for Proposals  for 2017  in September.
> >
> > Sincerely,
> >
> > Ellie Young, WMF Conference Coordinator
> > On behalf of the Wikimania Steering Committee

*Iván Martínez*

*Wikimanía 2015 Chief CoordinatorUser:ProtoplasmaKid
@protoplasmakidhttp://wikimania2015.wikimedia.org
<http://wikimania2015.wikimedia.org>*

Hemos creado la más grande colección de conocimiento compartido. Ayuda a
proteger a Wikipedia, dona ahora:
https://donate.wikimedia.org

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Announcement regarding Host for Wikimania 2016

Quim Gil-2
On Wed, Jan 21, 2015 at 7:34 AM, Ivan Martínez <[hidden email]> wrote:

> > > On the recommendation of the Wikimania 2016 selection Jury Committee,
> we
> > have accepted the proposal from the Esino Lario Italy team.

Congratulations to the bold candidates and to the bold jury that accept
them!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Esino_Lario
https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Esino_Lario

Esino Lario looks like a perfect location for an event like Wikimania, for
a community like Wikimedia. Decentralization is a key aspect of our
movement, and having events out of the usual global hubs is a necessity.

--
Quim Gil
http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/User:Qgil

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Announcement regarding Host for Wikimania 2016

Leigh Thelmadatter
Congratulations on the official annoucement. I very much look forward to helping out with the education programming!
Leigh