[Wikimedia-l] Announcing Rapid Grants

ido ivri
Awesome news, Alex!

The rapid grants site is very welcoming and the information is very clear.
I especially appreciated the "learn" page with the guidelines, and I do
think the forum is a good idea that should definitely be explored.

Going forward, it'll be a good idea to translate guidelines, etc. to our
local communities. I wonder if the Rapid Grants pages could be opened for
translation, perhaps after the initial Rapid Grants pilot phase.

Again, this is awesome!

Ido

Message: 3

> Date: Tue, 17 May 2016 20:11:10 -0700
> From: Alex Wang <[hidden email]>
> Subject: [Wikimedia-l] Announcing Rapid Grants
>
> Hello Wikimedians,
>
> We are excited to announce the launch of a new Wikimedia Foundation grants
> program, Rapid Grants!
>
> Rapid grants fund Wikimedia community members -- individuals, groups, or
> organizations contributing to Wikimedia projects -- to organize projects
> throughout the year for up to USD 2,000. Projects can include experiments
> or standard needs that don't need broad review to get started. Applications
> are reviewed weekly by WMF staff.
>
> Read more about the new program and apply here:
> https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Grants:Project/Rapid
>
> Questions? Email [hidden email]
>
> For more information about next steps and important dates for the grants
> program redesign, please visit:
>
> https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Grants:IdeaLab/Reimagining_WMF_grants/Implementation
>
> Cheers,
>
> Alex
>
> --
> Alexandra Wang
> Program Officer
> Community Resources
> Wikimedia Foundation <http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Home>
> +1 415-839-6885
> Skype: alexvwang

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Announcing Rapid Grants

Alex Wang
Hi Ido,

Thanks for exploring the new program! Yes, we definitely plan to have the
pages translated. We want to see if there will be any substantial edits to
the content during this first phase before we do a big translation campaign
in August.

Cheers,

Alex