[Wikimedia-l] April 12: Update on Wikimedia movement strategy process (#13)

[Wikimedia-l] April 12: Update on Wikimedia movement strategy process (#13)

Katherine Maher
Hi all!

hope you will contribute your answer to this question: "What do we want to
build or achieve together over the next 15 years?" -
https://meta.wikimedia.org/?curid=10152617

This phase has been an opportunity to come up with new ideas. The next
phase is about refining these ideas to reach some consensus on the most
important ones. This means that there will still be opportunities to
contribute in the future! It also means that the focus of the conversation
will change. If you are interested in generating creative new ideas about
the future of our projects, *now is the time to share your thoughts!*

Participating is easy. Check out the participation page on Meta-Wiki's
movement strategy portal for more information. Find online discussions,
local meetups, and a survey here:
https://meta.wikimedia.org/?curid=10152617

One note: In consideration of the Passover and Easter holidays people
around the world are recognizing this week and weekend, we have moved the
closing day for this discussion cycle to the end of April 18 (23:59
UTC).[1]  That means you have a few additional days to share your ideas -
big and small - for Wikimedia's future.

Once this discussion cycle ends next week, we will be gathering common
topics from across all the global discussions and posting them on
Meta-Wiki. That includes conversations from the wikis, meetups with
experts, discussions from affiliates, and anywhere else we have
documented.[2]

The next phase of the discussion will begin by May 1. We’ll be working
together to prioritize the thematic statements. More information on that
cycle is available on Meta-Wiki,[3] and we’ll share more when that cycle
gets started.

I have already seen and heard some fantastic ideas from our first
discussion cycle these past few weeks. I look forward to seeing what ideas
emerge in the final days of this cycle!

Un cordial saludo (Spanish translation: “Best regards”),
Katherine

PS. A version of this message is available for translation on Meta-Wiki.[4]

[1]
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Strategy/Wikimedia_movement/2017/Participate
[2] https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Strategy/Wikimedia_movement/2017/Sources
[3] https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Strategy/Wikimedia_movement/2017/Process
[4]
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Strategy/Wikimedia_movement/2017/Updates/7_April_2017_-_Update_12_on_Wikimedia_movement_strategy_process

--
Katherine Maher

Wikimedia Foundation
149 New Montgomery Street
San Francisco, CA 94105

+1 (415) 839-6885 ext. 6635
+1 (415) 712 4873

Re: [Wikimedia-l] [Wmfall] April 12: Update on Wikimedia movement strategy process (#13)

Gregory Varnum-4
Apologies - correction to last link, should be:
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Strategy/Wikimedia_movement/2017/Updates/12_April_2017_-_Update_13_on_Wikimedia_movement_strategy_process

-greg

Gregory Varnum
Communications Strategist