[Wikimedia-l] Banner for voting board not displayed in Italian Wikipedia

[Wikimedia-l] Banner for voting board not displayed in Italian Wikipedia

Ilario Valdelli
Hi all,
there is a strange behavior in the Italian Wikipedia. The banner for the
vote for the WMF board is not visible.

Also from Switzerland I do not see it but I see the banner of Wiki Loves
Earth.

The behavior is that I see the banner of WLE more or less 40% of the time
and in the remaining 60% of time I do not see any banner.

It seems that the timeslot dedicated to the banner of WMF board is taken by
an empty banner.

I have checked the configuration of the centralnotice and it seems OK.

May someone check it?

--
Ilario Valdelli
Wikimedia CH

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Banner for voting board not displayed in Italian Wikipedia

Philippe Beaudette-3
Hi there -

Just acknowledging that we've seen this and are checking it.

pb

*Philippe Beaudette * \\  Director, Community Advocacy \\ Wikimedia
Foundation, Inc.
T: 1-415-839-6885 x6643 |  [hidden email]  |  :  @Philippewiki
<https://twitter.com/Philippewiki>

On Thu, May 21, 2015 at 4:49 AM, Ilario Valdelli <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all,
> there is a strange behavior in the Italian Wikipedia. The banner for the
> vote for the WMF board is not visible.
>
> Also from Switzerland I do not see it but I see the banner of Wiki Loves
> Earth.
>
> The behavior is that I see the banner of WLE more or less 40% of the time
> and in the remaining 60% of time I do not see any banner.
>
> It seems that the timeslot dedicated to the banner of WMF board is taken by
> an empty banner.
>
> I have checked the configuration of the centralnotice and it seems OK.
>
> May someone check it?
>
> --
> Ilario Valdelli
> Wikimedia CH
> Verein zur Förderung Freien Wissens
> Association pour l’avancement des connaissances libre
> Associazione per il sostegno alla conoscenza libera
> Switzerland - 8008 Zürich
> Wikipedia: Ilario <https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Ilario>
> Skype: valdelli
> Facebook: Ilario Valdelli <https://www.facebook.com/ivaldelli>
> Twitter: Ilario Valdelli <https://twitter.com/ilariovaldelli>
> Linkedin: Ilario Valdelli <http://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=6724469
> >
> Tel: +41764821371
> http://www.wikimedia.ch

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Banner for voting board not displayed in Italian Wikipedia

Philippe Beaudette-3
OK, I think the banner is back on for it now.

Not sure exactly WHY it happened, but it's fixed.

*Philippe Beaudette * \\  Director, Community Advocacy \\ Wikimedia
Foundation, Inc.
T: 1-415-839-6885 x6643 |  [hidden email]  |  :  @Philippewiki
<https://twitter.com/Philippewiki>

On Thu, May 21, 2015 at 5:40 AM, Philippe Beaudette <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hi there -
>
> Just acknowledging that we've seen this and are checking it.
>
> pb
>

> *Philippe Beaudette * \\  Director, Community Advocacy \\ Wikimedia
> Foundation, Inc.
> T: 1-415-839-6885 x6643 |  [hidden email]  |  :  @Philippewiki
> <https://twitter.com/Philippewiki>
>
> On Thu, May 21, 2015 at 4:49 AM, Ilario Valdelli <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>> there is a strange behavior in the Italian Wikipedia. The banner for the
>> vote for the WMF board is not visible.
>>
>> Also from Switzerland I do not see it but I see the banner of Wiki Loves
>> Earth.
>>
>> The behavior is that I see the banner of WLE more or less 40% of the time
>> and in the remaining 60% of time I do not see any banner.
>>
>> It seems that the timeslot dedicated to the banner of WMF board is taken
>> by
>> an empty banner.
>>
>> I have checked the configuration of the centralnotice and it seems OK.
>>
>> May someone check it?
>>
>> --
>> Ilario Valdelli
>> Wikimedia CH
>> Verein zur Förderung Freien Wissens
>> Association pour l’avancement des connaissances libre
>> Associazione per il sostegno alla conoscenza libera
>> Switzerland - 8008 Zürich
>> Wikipedia: Ilario <https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Ilario>
>> Skype: valdelli
>> Facebook: Ilario Valdelli <https://www.facebook.com/ivaldelli>
>> Twitter: Ilario Valdelli <https://twitter.com/ilariovaldelli>
>> Linkedin: Ilario Valdelli <
>> http://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=6724469>
>> Tel: +41764821371
>> http://www.wikimedia.ch

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Banner for voting board not displayed in Italian Wikipedia

Santiago Navarro
Actualy I didn't see it on Spanish Wikipedia, but yes on other=20
projects.

Santi Navarro

El 2015-05-21 13:12, Philippe Beaudette escribió:

> OK, I think the banner is back on for it now.
>
> Not sure exactly WHY it happened, but it's fixed.
>

> *Philippe Beaudette * \\  Director, Community Advocacy \\ Wikimedia
> Foundation, Inc.
> T: 1-415-839-6885 x6643 |  [hidden email]  |  :
> @Philippewiki
> <https://twitter.com/Philippewiki>
>
> On Thu, May 21, 2015 at 5:40 AM, Philippe Beaudette
> <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi there -
>>
>> Just acknowledging that we've seen this and are checking it.
>>
>> pb
>>

>> *Philippe Beaudette * \\  Director, Community Advocacy \\ Wikimedia
>> Foundation, Inc.
>> T: 1-415-839-6885 x6643 |  [hidden email]  |  :
>> @Philippewiki
>> <https://twitter.com/Philippewiki>
>>
>> On Thu, May 21, 2015 at 4:49 AM, Ilario Valdelli
>> <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>> there is a strange behavior in the Italian Wikipedia. The banner
>>> for the
>>> vote for the WMF board is not visible.
>>>
>>> Also from Switzerland I do not see it but I see the banner of Wiki
>>> Loves
>>> Earth.
>>>
>>> The behavior is that I see the banner of WLE more or less 40% of
>>> the time
>>> and in the remaining 60% of time I do not see any banner.
>>>
>>> It seems that the timeslot dedicated to the banner of WMF board is
>>> taken
>>> by
>>> an empty banner.
>>>
>>> I have checked the configuration of the centralnotice and it seems
>>> OK.
>>>
>>> May someone check it?
>>>
>>> --
>>> Ilario Valdelli
>>> Wikimedia CH
>>> Verein zur Förderung Freien Wissens
>>> Association pour l’avancement des connaissances libre
>>> Associazione per il sostegno alla conoscenza libera
>>> Switzerland - 8008 Zürich
>>> Wikipedia: Ilario <https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Ilario>
>>> Skype: valdelli
>>> Facebook: Ilario Valdelli <https://www.facebook.com/ivaldelli>
>>> Twitter: Ilario Valdelli <https://twitter.com/ilariovaldelli>
>>> Linkedin: Ilario Valdelli <
>>> http://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=6724469>
>>> Tel: +41764821371
>>> http://www.wikimedia.ch

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Banner for voting board not displayed in Italian Wikipedia

Philippe Beaudette-3
I'm getting it on Spanish.

*Philippe Beaudette * \\  Director, Community Advocacy \\ Wikimedia
Foundation, Inc.
T: 1-415-839-6885 x6643 |  [hidden email]  |  :  @Philippewiki
<https://twitter.com/Philippewiki>

On Thu, May 21, 2015 at 8:46 AM, Santi Navarro <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Actualy I didn't see it on Spanish Wikipedia, but yes on other=20
> projects.
>
> Santi Navarro
>
> El 2015-05-21 13:12, Philippe Beaudette escribió:
>
>> OK, I think the banner is back on for it now.
>>
>> Not sure exactly WHY it happened, but it's fixed.
>>

>> *Philippe Beaudette * \\  Director, Community Advocacy \\ Wikimedia
>> Foundation, Inc.
>> T: 1-415-839-6885 x6643 |  [hidden email]  |  :  @Philippewiki
>> <https://twitter.com/Philippewiki>
>>
>> On Thu, May 21, 2015 at 5:40 AM, Philippe Beaudette <
>> [hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>
>>  Hi there -
>>>
>>> Just acknowledging that we've seen this and are checking it.
>>>
>>> pb
>>>

>>> *Philippe Beaudette * \\  Director, Community Advocacy \\ Wikimedia
>>> Foundation, Inc.
>>> T: 1-415-839-6885 x6643 |  [hidden email]  |  :  @Philippewiki
>>> <https://twitter.com/Philippewiki>
>>>

>>> On Thu, May 21, 2015 at 4:49 AM, Ilario Valdelli <[hidden email]>
>>> wrote:
>>>
>>>  Hi all,

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Banner for voting board not displayed in Italian Wikipedia

Andrew Green
Hi, all! Thanks for reporting this!!

I've opened a Phabricator task about the issue:
https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T99915

The board vote campaigns aren't targeted to any specific country... This
could be a general CentralNotice Javascript issue. I'm looking into it now.

Please feel free to ping me on #wikimedia-fundraising (I'm AndyRussG)
with reports or questions at any time. I'll also send updates here.

Thanks again!! Cheers,
Andrew