Quantcast

[Wikimedia-l] Bhubaneswar Heritage Edit-a-thon

[Wikimedia-l] Bhubaneswar Heritage Edit-a-thon

sailesh patnaik
Hello all!

Greetings from Odia Wikipedia community!

I am happy to share that the Odia Wikipedians have succesfully forged a
partnership with Bhubaneswar Development Authority to conduct the
Bhubaneswar Heritage edit-a-thon.

This edit-a-thon is aimed to improve Bhubaneswar's digital presence – and
establish Bhubaneswar as a QRpedia city. With this edit-a-thon, Bhubaneswar
will be the first city in India to install QRpedia codes in all of its
heritage monuments.
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Bhubaneswar_Heritage_Edit-a-thon(page under
construction)

Bhubaneswar, also known as the "Temple City of India" has nearly 300
ancient temples of the Kalinga style architecture that dates back to the
late 6th century. This edit-a-thon will happen in two phases, In the first
phase, the BDA will release images and information of all state and
ASI-protected monuments under CC license to improve Wikipedia articles. The
second phase will be for unprotected monuments.

This edit-a-thon will take place globally in the month of August or
September. The BDA will provide souvenirs from Odisha to the Top 3
International and National (Indian) contributors. I request interested
Wikimedians to please sign up for this edit-a-thon and help Odia
Wikipedians to make this project a success. I will update other details on
the User Talk page of interested volunteers.
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Bhubaneswar_Heritage_Edit-a-thon/Participants

Thanks and Regards
--
-----------
*Sailesh Patnaik* "*ଶୈଳେଶ ପଟ୍ଟନାୟକ*"

"Imagine a world in which every single human being can freely share in the
sum of all knowledge. Help us make it a reality"

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Bhubaneswar Heritage Edit-a-thon

jmh649
Excellent :-)

Here is a link to the effort
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Bhubaneswar_Heritage_Edit-a-thon

Is the goal to improve English or Odia? Are you also looking at improving
Wikivoyage?

Best
James

On Sat, May 13, 2017 at 1:32 AM, Sailesh Patnaik <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello all!
>
> Greetings from Odia Wikipedia community!
>
> I am happy to share that the Odia Wikipedians have succesfully forged a
> partnership with Bhubaneswar Development Authority to conduct the
> Bhubaneswar Heritage edit-a-thon.
>
> This edit-a-thon is aimed to improve Bhubaneswar's digital presence – and
> establish Bhubaneswar as a QRpedia city. With this edit-a-thon, Bhubaneswar
> will be the first city in India to install QRpedia codes in all of its
> heritage monuments.
> https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Bhubaneswar_Heritage_Edit-a-thon(page
> under
> construction)
>
> Bhubaneswar, also known as the "Temple City of India" has nearly 300
> ancient temples of the Kalinga style architecture that dates back to the
> late 6th century. This edit-a-thon will happen in two phases, In the first
> phase, the BDA will release images and information of all state and
> ASI-protected monuments under CC license to improve Wikipedia articles. The
> second phase will be for unprotected monuments.
>
> This edit-a-thon will take place globally in the month of August or
> September. The BDA will provide souvenirs from Odisha to the Top 3
> International and National (Indian) contributors. I request interested
> Wikimedians to please sign up for this edit-a-thon and help Odia
> Wikipedians to make this project a success. I will update other details on
> the User Talk page of interested volunteers.
> https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Bhubaneswar_Heritage_
> Edit-a-thon/Participants
>
> Thanks and Regards
> --
> -----------
> *Sailesh Patnaik* "*ଶୈଳେଶ ପଟ୍ଟନାୟକ*"
> Programme Associate, Access To Knowledge
> Centre for Internet and Society
> Phone: +91-7537097770
> *LinkedIn* : https://www.linkedin.com/in/sailesh-patnaik-551a10b4
> *Twitter* : @saileshpat
>
> "Imagine a world in which every single human being can freely share in the
> sum of all knowledge. Help us make it a reality"

James Heilman
MD, CCFP-EM, Wikipedian

The Wikipedia Open Textbook of Medicine

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Bhubaneswar Heritage Edit-a-thon

sailesh patnaik
Hello Dr. James,

On Sat, 13 May 2017 at 10:45 PM, James Heilman <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Excellent :-)

Thank you :)

> Here is a link to the effort
> https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Bhubaneswar_Heritage_Edit-a-thon

It's a six months long effort.

> <https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Bhubaneswar_Heritage_Edit-a-thon>
>
> Is the goal to improve English or Odia?

As the QRcodes will be installed in the signage of the monuments, we want
to make this editathon a multi-lingual editathon. So that it will be
helpful for tourists to access the information of the monuments in their
own languages.

> Are you also looking at improving
> Wikivoyage?

We want to improve it in many Wikimedia projects, including Commons,
Wikidata..
For sure we will look into Wikivoyage. Thank you for suggesting.
Your help and support will make this project a successful project.

-----------
*Sailesh Patnaik* "*ଶୈଳେଶ ପଟ୍ଟନାୟକ*"
Programme Associate, Access To Knowledge
Centre for Internet and Society
Phone: +91-7537097770
*LinkedIn* : https://www.linkedin.com/in/sailesh-patnaik-551a10b4
*Twitter* : @saileshpat

"Imagine a world in which every single human being can freely share in the
sum of all knowledge. Help us make it a reality"

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Bhubaneswar Heritage Edit-a-thon

Gerard Meijssen-3
Hoi,
When it is QRcodes for the monuments, a registration in Wikidata will get
you a QRcode. You will find them in Reasonator. Reasonator is multi
lingual.. it just takes the effort to label the items.
Thanks,
      GerardM

On 13 May 2017 at 20:52, Sailesh Patnaik <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> [...]
> > > Phone: +91-7537097770
> > > *LinkedIn* : https://www.linkedin.com/in/sailesh-patnaik-551a10b4
> > > *Twitter* : @saileshpat
> > >
> > > "Imagine a world in which every single human being can freely share in
> > the
> > > sum of all knowledge. Help us make it a reality"

> > James Heilman
> > MD, CCFP-EM, Wikipedian
> >
> > The Wikipedia Open Textbook of Medicine

> -----------
> *Sailesh Patnaik* "*ଶୈଳେଶ ପଟ୍ଟନାୟକ*"
> Programme Associate, Access To Knowledge
> Centre for Internet and Society
> Phone: +91-7537097770
> *LinkedIn* : https://www.linkedin.com/in/sailesh-patnaik-551a10b4
> *Twitter* : @saileshpat
>
> "Imagine a world in which every single human being can freely share in the
> sum of all knowledge. Help us make it a reality"

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Bhubaneswar Heritage Edit-a-thon

NC Hasive
Excellent Sailesh!

-Hasive

On Sun, May 14, 2017 at 12:57 AM, Gerard Meijssen <[hidden email]
> wrote:

> Hoi,
> When it is QRcodes for the monuments, a registration in Wikidata will get
> you a QRcode. You will find them in Reasonator. Reasonator is multi
> lingual.. it just takes the effort to label the items.
> Thanks,
>       GerardM
>
> On 13 May 2017 at 20:52, Sailesh Patnaik <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > Hello Dr. James,
> >
> > On Sat, 13 May 2017 at 10:45 PM, James Heilman <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > > Excellent :-)
> > >
> > Thank you :)
> >

> > > Here is a link to the effort
> > > https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Bhubaneswar_Heritage_Edit-a-thon
> >
> > It's a six months long effort.
> >
> > > <https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Bhubaneswar_Heritage_Edit-a-thon>
> > >
> > > Is the goal to improve English or Odia?
> >
> > As the QRcodes will be installed in the signage of the monuments, we want
> > to make this editathon a multi-lingual editathon. So that it will be
> > helpful for tourists to access the information of the monuments in their
> > own languages.
> >
> > > Are you also looking at improving
> > > Wikivoyage?
> >
> > We want to improve it in many Wikimedia projects, including Commons,
> > Wikidata..
> > For sure we will look into Wikivoyage. Thank you for suggesting.
> > Your help and support will make this project a successful project.
> >

> > > Best
> > > James

> forged a

> > and
> > > Bhubaneswar
> its
> Edit-a-thon(page

> > the
> > > first
> articles.
> > > The

> interested
> details
> > > on

> in
> > > the
> > >

> > > --
> > > James Heilman
> > > MD, CCFP-EM, Wikipedian
> > >
> > > The Wikipedia Open Textbook of Medicine

> > -----------
> > *Sailesh Patnaik* "*ଶୈଳେଶ ପଟ୍ଟନାୟକ*"
> > Programme Associate, Access To Knowledge
> > Centre for Internet and Society
> > Phone: +91-7537097770
> > *LinkedIn* : https://www.linkedin.com/in/sailesh-patnaik-551a10b4
> > *Twitter* : @saileshpat
> >
> > "Imagine a world in which every single human being can freely share in
> the
> > sum of all knowledge. Help us make it a reality"

*Nurunnaby Chowdhury (Hasive) **:: **নুরুন্নবী চৌধুরী (হাছিব)*
User: Hasive <http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Hasive> |
GSM/WhatsApp/Viber: +8801712754752

Administrator | Bengali Wikipedia <http://bn.wikipedia.org/wiki/user:Hasive>
Board Member | Wikimedia Bangladesh <http://www.wikimedia.org.bd/>
fb.com/Hasive <http://fb.com/NCHasive> | @nhasive
<http://www.twitter.com/nhasive> | www.nhasive.com

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Bhubaneswar Heritage Edit-a-thon

omshivaprakash@gmail.com
Gerard,

Thanks for that info. That helps a lot for managing a workflow required for
heritage places which have multiple monuments.

(thumbsup)

On Sun, May 14, 2017 at 12:27 AM, Gerard Meijssen <[hidden email]
> wrote:

> Hoi,
> When it is QRcodes for the monuments, a registration in Wikidata will get
> you a QRcode. You will find them in Reasonator. Reasonator is multi
> lingual.. it just takes the effort to label the items.
> Thanks,
>       GerardM
>
> On 13 May 2017 at 20:52, Sailesh Patnaik <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > Hello Dr. James,
> >
> > On Sat, 13 May 2017 at 10:45 PM, James Heilman <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > > Excellent :-)
> > >
> > Thank you :)
> >

> > > Here is a link to the effort
> > > https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Bhubaneswar_Heritage_Edit-a-thon
> >
> > It's a six months long effort.
> >
> > > <https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Bhubaneswar_Heritage_Edit-a-thon>
> > >
> > > Is the goal to improve English or Odia?
> >
> > As the QRcodes will be installed in the signage of the monuments, we want
> > to make this editathon a multi-lingual editathon. So that it will be
> > helpful for tourists to access the information of the monuments in their
> > own languages.
> >
> > > Are you also looking at improving
> > > Wikivoyage?
> >
> > We want to improve it in many Wikimedia projects, including Commons,
> > Wikidata..
> > For sure we will look into Wikivoyage. Thank you for suggesting.
> > Your help and support will make this project a successful project.
> >

> > > Best
> > > James

> forged a

> > and
> > > Bhubaneswar
> its
> Edit-a-thon(page

> > the
> > > first
> articles.
> > > The

> interested
> details
> > > on

> in
> > > the
> > >

> > > --
> > > James Heilman
> > > MD, CCFP-EM, Wikipedian
> > >
> > > The Wikipedia Open Textbook of Medicine

> > -----------
> > *Sailesh Patnaik* "*ଶୈଳେଶ ପଟ୍ଟନାୟକ*"
> > Programme Associate, Access To Knowledge
> > Centre for Internet and Society
> > Phone: +91-7537097770
> > *LinkedIn* : https://www.linkedin.com/in/sailesh-patnaik-551a10b4
> > *Twitter* : @saileshpat
> >
> > "Imagine a world in which every single human being can freely share in
> the
> > sum of all knowledge. Help us make it a reality"

With Best Regards,
Omshivaprakash.H.L | ಓಂ ಶಿವಪ್ರಕಾಶ್ ಎಚ್. ಎಲ್ | ॐ शिवप्रकाश् एच्. एल्

http://platonic.techfiz.info
http://blog.shivu.in
Phone: 91- 9902026518

linuxaayana.net | kindarajogi.com | sanchaya.net

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Bhubaneswar Heritage Edit-a-thon

Samuele Mantani
Eccelent. Thanks :)

Samuele