[Wikimedia-l] Board election: we have such good candidates

[Wikimedia-l] Board election: we have such good candidates

David Gerard-2
I just voted in the board election, and I must note how delighted I am
at the excellent candidates.

To the board: even the people who don't get in, make sure you're in
touch with them, use them in an advisory capacity, keep them drawn in
and involved.

Yet again, Wikimedia amazes me with the stupendous calibre of
candidates we have even for volunteer jobs.

- d.

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Board election: we have such good candidates

Jan-Bart de Vreede-3
Hi David

I could not agree more. I think that in general we have a great pool of talent, not just in the board candidates, but also in the FDC pool. Having attended the Wikimedia Conference in Berlin it was great to meet the volunteers from all the different affiliates and similarly: there is a great pool of people. We need to figure out some kind of way of allowing people to grow their talents and be involved more actively if they want to.

Jan-Bart