[Wikimedia-l] Call for Board nominees

Boryana Dineva
Hello everyone,

As you may have heard, I joined the Wikimedia Foundation last Monday as the
VP of Human Resources. I am so excited to be here and help to the best of
my abilities.

One of the projects that I am currently focusing on is adding two members
to our board of trustees. I wanted to reach out to you and ask you to
nominate candidates that you think should be considered.

I am attaching a role description that will provide more insight into what
the ideal candidates for these two board slots would be. If someone you
know comes to mind, please send the name of the candidate including some
information regarding why you think they would be great. Also let me know
if you know that person is interested in the position and can afford the
time commitment the role will require or if it’s someone you think may be
great but are unsure if they are interested or would have time to commit.

Please email nominations to [hidden email] by next
Wednesday, Sept 30th. I understand that this is a short notice and not much
time to nominate, but we need to find someone that can start in Nov and we
need to contact, screen, interview, etc before then.

Thank you in advance for your nominations and have a wonderful weekend!

Warmest regards,
Boryana

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Call for Board nominees

Pine W
Welcome Boryana. (:

Will you be able to come to WikiConference USA in DC to mix with some of
the community? This might net you some contacts that would be good for
board candidates, employees, etc. moving forward. (From my perspective, we
are sorely missing having the C-level engineering and technology roles
filled.)

I believe that attachments get screened out of the public mailing lists.
Can you send a link to a JD on the Foundation site or Meta?

My understanding is that the Board itself, with the assistance of
consultants, has conducted searches for candidates in the past. You might
check to see if there is a stack of CVs somewhere for potential board
candidates.

See you around,

Pine

On Fri, Sep 25, 2015 at 5:04 PM, Boryana Dineva <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> As you may have heard, I joined the Wikimedia Foundation last Monday as the
> VP of Human Resources. I am so excited to be here and help to the best of
> my abilities.
>
> One of the projects that I am currently focusing on is adding two members
> to our board of trustees. I wanted to reach out to you and ask you to
> nominate candidates that you think should be considered.
>
> I am attaching a role description that will provide more insight into what
> the ideal candidates for these two board slots would be. If someone you
> know comes to mind, please send the name of the candidate including some
> information regarding why you think they would be great. Also let me know
> if you know that person is interested in the position and can afford the
> time commitment the role will require or if it’s someone you think may be
> great but are unsure if they are interested or would have time to commit.
>
> Please email nominations to [hidden email] by next
> Wednesday, Sept 30th. I understand that this is a short notice and not much
> time to nominate, but we need to find someone that can start in Nov and we
> need to contact, screen, interview, etc before then.
>
> Thank you in advance for your nominations and have a wonderful weekend!
>
> Warmest regards,
> Boryana

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Call for Board nominees

James Alexander-4
Thanks Pine, I've uploaded the file she was trying to send up on
foundationWiki for now at
https://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/File:RoleDescription-WikimediaFoundationTrusteeAppointment2SeatsSept2015.pdf.
I'll try to convert it into wikitext for Meta over the next couple days as
well (though obviously anyone who has some free time should feel free).

James Alexander
Manager
Trust & Safety
Wikimedia Foundation
(415) 839-6885 x6716 @jamesofur

On Fri, Sep 25, 2015 at 5:14 PM, Pine W <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Welcome Boryana. (:
>
> Will you be able to come to WikiConference USA in DC to mix with some of
> the community? This might net you some contacts that would be good for
> board candidates, employees, etc. moving forward. (From my perspective, we
> are sorely missing having the C-level engineering and technology roles
> filled.)
>
> I believe that attachments get screened out of the public mailing lists.
> Can you send a link to a JD on the Foundation site or Meta?
>
> My understanding is that the Board itself, with the assistance of
> consultants, has conducted searches for candidates in the past. You might
> check to see if there is a stack of CVs somewhere for potential board
> candidates.
>
> See you around,
>
> Pine
>
> On Fri, Sep 25, 2015 at 5:04 PM, Boryana Dineva <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > Hello everyone,
> >
> > As you may have heard, I joined the Wikimedia Foundation last Monday as
> the
> > VP of Human Resources. I am so excited to be here and help to the best of
> > my abilities.
> >
> > One of the projects that I am currently focusing on is adding two members
> > to our board of trustees. I wanted to reach out to you and ask you to
> > nominate candidates that you think should be considered.
> >
> > I am attaching a role description that will provide more insight into
> what
> > the ideal candidates for these two board slots would be. If someone you
> > know comes to mind, please send the name of the candidate including some
> > information regarding why you think they would be great. Also let me know
> > if you know that person is interested in the position and can afford the
> > time commitment the role will require or if it’s someone you think may be
> > great but are unsure if they are interested or would have time to commit.
> >
> > Please email nominations to [hidden email] by
> next
> > Wednesday, Sept 30th. I understand that this is a short notice and not
> much
> > time to nominate, but we need to find someone that can start in Nov and
> we
> > need to contact, screen, interview, etc before then.
> >
> > Thank you in advance for your nominations and have a wonderful weekend!
> >
> > Warmest regards,
> > Boryana

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Call for Board nominees

Dariusz Jemielniak-3
hi Pine,

Boryana is in touch with the Board regarding this matter.

best,

dariusz

On Fri, Sep 25, 2015 at 8:14 PM, Pine W <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Welcome Boryana. (:
>
> Will you be able to come to WikiConference USA in DC to mix with some of
> the community? This might net you some contacts that would be good for
> board candidates, employees, etc. moving forward. (From my perspective, we
> are sorely missing having the C-level engineering and technology roles
> filled.)
>
> I believe that attachments get screened out of the public mailing lists.
> Can you send a link to a JD on the Foundation site or Meta?
>
> My understanding is that the Board itself, with the assistance of
> consultants, has conducted searches for candidates in the past. You might
> check to see if there is a stack of CVs somewhere for potential board
> candidates.
>
> See you around,
>
> Pine
>
> On Fri, Sep 25, 2015 at 5:04 PM, Boryana Dineva <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > Hello everyone,
> >
> > As you may have heard, I joined the Wikimedia Foundation last Monday as
> the
> > VP of Human Resources. I am so excited to be here and help to the best of
> > my abilities.
> >
> > One of the projects that I am currently focusing on is adding two members
> > to our board of trustees. I wanted to reach out to you and ask you to
> > nominate candidates that you think should be considered.
> >
> > I am attaching a role description that will provide more insight into
> what
> > the ideal candidates for these two board slots would be. If someone you
> > know comes to mind, please send the name of the candidate including some
> > information regarding why you think they would be great. Also let me know
> > if you know that person is interested in the position and can afford the
> > time commitment the role will require or if it’s someone you think may be
> > great but are unsure if they are interested or would have time to commit.
> >
> > Please email nominations to [hidden email] by
> next
> > Wednesday, Sept 30th. I understand that this is a short notice and not
> much
> > time to nominate, but we need to find someone that can start in Nov and
> we
> > need to contact, screen, interview, etc before then.
> >
> > Thank you in advance for your nominations and have a wonderful weekend!
> >
> > Warmest regards,
> > Boryana

__________________________
prof. dr hab. Dariusz Jemielniak
i centrum badawczego CROW
Akademia Leona Koźmińskiego
http://www.crow.alk.edu.pl

członek Akademii Młodych Uczonych Polskiej Akademii Nauk
członek Komitetu Polityki Naukowej MNiSW

Wyszła pierwsza na świecie etnografia Wikipedii "Common Knowledge? An
Ethnography of Wikipedia" (2014, Stanford University Press) mojego
autorstwa http://www.sup.org/book.cgi?id=24010

Recenzje
Forbes: http://www.forbes.com/fdc/welcome_mjx.shtml
Pacific Standard:
http://www.psmag.com/navigation/books-and-culture/killed-wikipedia-93777/
Motherboard: http://motherboard.vice.com/read/an-ethnography-of-wikipedia
The Wikipedian:
http://thewikipedian.net/2014/10/10/dariusz-jemielniak-common-knowledge

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Call for Board nominees

Pine W
Hi Board folks and Boryana,

Separate from the discussions about Doc James, can we get an update on the
appointment of new members?

Thanks,
Pine
On Sep 25, 2015 5:04 PM, "Boryana Dineva" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> As you may have heard, I joined the Wikimedia Foundation last Monday as the
> VP of Human Resources. I am so excited to be here and help to the best of
> my abilities.
>
> One of the projects that I am currently focusing on is adding two members
> to our board of trustees. I wanted to reach out to you and ask you to
> nominate candidates that you think should be considered.
>
> I am attaching a role description that will provide more insight into what
> the ideal candidates for these two board slots would be. If someone you
> know comes to mind, please send the name of the candidate including some
> information regarding why you think they would be great. Also let me know
> if you know that person is interested in the position and can afford the
> time commitment the role will require or if it’s someone you think may be
> great but are unsure if they are interested or would have time to commit.
>
> Please email nominations to [hidden email] by next
> Wednesday, Sept 30th. I understand that this is a short notice and not much
> time to nominate, but we need to find someone that can start in Nov and we
> need to contact, screen, interview, etc before then.
>
> Thank you in advance for your nominations and have a wonderful weekend!
>
> Warmest regards,
> Boryana

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Call for Board nominees

Alice Wiegand-4
Hi Pine,
sure, this is where we are:

We completed the search for two appointed Board members successfully and we
plan to fill the two board positions in the first week of January. We are
in the process of final on-boarding steps and will be ready to announce on
or before January 5th with regards to the holidays.

Alice.

On Tue, Dec 29, 2015 at 6:08 PM, Pine W <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Board folks and Boryana,
>
> Separate from the discussions about Doc James, can we get an update on the
> appointment of new members?
>
> Thanks,
> Pine
> On Sep 25, 2015 5:04 PM, "Boryana Dineva" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Hello everyone,
> >
> > As you may have heard, I joined the Wikimedia Foundation last Monday as
> the
> > VP of Human Resources. I am so excited to be here and help to the best of
> > my abilities.
> >
> > One of the projects that I am currently focusing on is adding two members
> > to our board of trustees. I wanted to reach out to you and ask you to
> > nominate candidates that you think should be considered.
> >
> > I am attaching a role description that will provide more insight into
> what
> > the ideal candidates for these two board slots would be. If someone you
> > know comes to mind, please send the name of the candidate including some
> > information regarding why you think they would be great. Also let me know
> > if you know that person is interested in the position and can afford the
> > time commitment the role will require or if it’s someone you think may be
> > great but are unsure if they are interested or would have time to commit.
> >
> > Please email nominations to [hidden email] by
> next
> > Wednesday, Sept 30th. I understand that this is a short notice and not
> much
> > time to nominate, but we need to find someone that can start in Nov and
> we
> > need to contact, screen, interview, etc before then.
> >
> > Thank you in advance for your nominations and have a wonderful weekend!
> >
> > Warmest regards,
> > Boryana

Alice Wiegand
Board of Trustees

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Call for Board nominees

Dariusz Jemielniak-4
Hi Pine,

I'm on my phone now and can't reply in detail, but it is my pleasure to
write that we're in the very final stages of the process and an
announcement early in January should be made.

Best,

Dariusz