[Wikimedia-l] Call for Wikimania '18 Program Committee Members

[Wikimedia-l] Call for Wikimania '18 Program Committee Members

Ellie Young
Dear all,

We are looking for members of the 2018 Wikimania program committee.

The committee will help put together the program and schedule for

Wikimania 2018, to be held on July 18-22  in Cape Town,  South Africa.

https://wikimania2018.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimania

Committee member responsibilities include helping promote the call for

presentations,  recruiting speakers, and reviewing program

submissions. Review dates this year will be in the March-April timeframe
​.​

​P
rogram committee members
​will need to c
ommit to having availability

for reviewing submissions and weekly meetings during this time.

Themes of the conference include the advancement of Free Knowledge,

the role of academic and cultural institutions within the movement, privacy

and rights, and the role of technology to further those objectives.
Wikimania 2018
​ ​
will specifically focus on the gaps - gender, cultural, demographic and
knowledge -
​ ​
and strategies for reducing them.

If you are a Wikimedian interested in building a great Wikimania
​ based around the above the​me
, you
​ ​
are welcome to apply! We are especially looking for committee members
​ ​
with experience with (one or more of) sister projects, non-English
​ ​
speaking communities, technical projects, or GLAM and education
​ ​
projects.

​ ​

Please let us know if you are interested by contacting

wikimania-program@lists. wikimedia.org with your name, interest, and

availability. We will be forming the committee quickly.

Thank you,

Liam Wyatt, Emna Mizouni, and Felix Nartey

Program Committee Co-Chairs, Wikimania ‘18

J.

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Call for Wikimania '18 Program Committee Members

J.
Count me in:
Wayne Calhoon
[[User:Checkingfax]]
925-391-0007
[hidden email]
(please notice the dot between the "j" and the "b")

On Sun, Nov 19, 2017 at 2:01 PM, Ellie Young <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> We are looking for members of the 2018 Wikimania program committee.
>
> The committee will help put together the program and schedule for
>
> Wikimania 2018, to be held on July 18-22  in Cape Town,  South Africa.
>
> https://wikimania2018.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimania
>
> Committee member responsibilities include helping promote the call for
>
> presentations,  recruiting speakers, and reviewing program
>
> submissions. Review dates this year will be in the March-April timeframe
> ​.​
>
> ​P
> rogram committee members
> ​will need to c
> ommit to having availability
>
> for reviewing submissions and weekly meetings during this time.
>
> Themes of the conference include the advancement of Free Knowledge,
>
> the role of academic and cultural institutions within the movement, privacy
>
> and rights, and the role of technology to further those objectives.
> Wikimania 2018
> ​ ​
> will specifically focus on the gaps - gender, cultural, demographic and
> knowledge -
> ​ ​
> and strategies for reducing them.
>

> If you are a Wikimedian interested in building a great Wikimania
> ​ based around the above the​me
> , you
> ​ ​
> are welcome to apply! We are especially looking for committee members
> ​ ​
> with experience with (one or more of) sister projects, non-English
> ​ ​
> speaking communities, technical projects, or GLAM and education
> ​ ​
> projects.
>
> ​ ​
>
> Please let us know if you are interested by contacting
>
> wikimania-program@lists. wikimedia.org with your name, interest, and
>
> availability. We will be forming the committee quickly.
>
> Thank you,
>
> Liam Wyatt, Emna Mizouni, and Felix Nartey
>
> Program Committee Co-Chairs, Wikimania ‘18
>
> ​

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Call for Wikimania '18 Program Committee Members

Gabriel Thullen
Hello Ellie,

You can count me in as well. I would like to help make this a great
Wikimania, I am looking forward to work with the African community.

I was planning on submitting a few proposals for the program as well, I
hope that this will not be a problem. The colleagues I am planning to do
these presentations with are from Senegal and other West African countries,
and once again I would like to avoid any suspicions of conflict of interest
or "it is always the same people who get the scholarships"...

Having said that, I would love to help out :)

Gabe

[hidden email]

On Mon, Nov 20, 2017 at 2:05 PM, J. <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Count me in:
> Wayne Calhoon
> [[User:Checkingfax]]
> 925-391-0007
> [hidden email]
> (please notice the dot between the "j" and the "b")
>
> On Sun, Nov 19, 2017 at 2:01 PM, Ellie Young <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Dear all,
> >
> > We are looking for members of the 2018 Wikimania program committee.
> > The committee will help put together the program and schedule for
> > Wikimania 2018, to be held on July 18-22  in Cape Town,  South Africa.
> > https://wikimania2018.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimania

<snip />

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Call for Wikimania '18 Program Committee Members

Alessandro Marchetti
I am interested, I'll have free time right after February so why not? I speak 4 or 5 languages fluently, that should help too.
Plus, i wanted to  there but not to present any material, so this is a great opportunity to take active part to the event in any case.

User Alexmar983