[Wikimedia-l] Call for participation: World War II… 75 Years After

[Wikimedia-l] Call for participation: World War II… 75 Years After

WМ RepublikaSrpska
World War II… 75 Years After

Soon, will be 75 years since the end of the deadliest episodes in human
history. Over 60 countries took part in the 6-years long  military
conflict. World War II took over 50.000.000 lives, and more 35.000.000 was
wounded. Many of them lost their lives after the war. Hundreds of battles
were fought on dozens of fronts. Thousands of buildings were demolished and
hundreds of new ones built. Despite that, life was renewed and continued
after this catastrophe of global proportions. New ideas, new movements, -
new history were born.

Events from the past have largely defined our present and left us the
obligation to document and preserve them for the future.

So, we invite you to use the month of September for marking the 75th
anniversary of the end of the Second World War with a series of
Edit-a-Thones and competitions dedicated to this topic.

Also, actions and cooperation with GLAM institutions, that are treasures of
information and materials, are welcome. Please note that if you fund such
actions with WMF grants, you must follow the instructions about COVID-19
pandemic.

All informations about project you can find on Meta
(https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/World
War II… 75 Years After
<https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/World_War_II%E2%80%A6_75_Years_After>).

Looking forward to work with all of you!

Best regards,

Bojana Podgorica, Wikimedia Community of Republika Srpska

*„**Замислите свијет у коме **свака особа на планети има **слободан приступ
цјелокупном људском знању.* *То је *
*оно на чему ми радимо.“*

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Call for participation: World War II… 75 Years After

Gnangarra
Kaya

Wonderful idea, just a reminder that each community considering
participating in this should do so within the boundaries and conditions of
all local restrictions due to covid.

Take care of yourself

On Wed, 8 Jul 2020 at 23:10, WМ RepublikaSrpska <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> World War II… 75 Years After
>
> Soon, will be 75 years since the end of the deadliest episodes in human
> history. Over 60 countries took part in the 6-years long  military
> conflict. World War II took over 50.000.000 lives, and more 35.000.000 was
> wounded. Many of them lost their lives after the war. Hundreds of battles
> were fought on dozens of fronts. Thousands of buildings were demolished and
> hundreds of new ones built. Despite that, life was renewed and continued
> after this catastrophe of global proportions. New ideas, new movements, -
> new history were born.
>
> Events from the past have largely defined our present and left us the
> obligation to document and preserve them for the future.
>
> So, we invite you to use the month of September for marking the 75th
> anniversary of the end of the Second World War with a series of
> Edit-a-Thones and competitions dedicated to this topic.
>
> Also, actions and cooperation with GLAM institutions, that are treasures of
> information and materials, are welcome. Please note that if you fund such
> actions with WMF grants, you must follow the instructions about COVID-19
> pandemic.
>
> All informations about project you can find on Meta
> (https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/World
> War II… 75 Years After
> <https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/World_War_II%E2%80%A6_75_Years_After>).
>
> Looking forward to work with all of you!
>
> Best regards,
>
> Bojana Podgorica, Wikimedia Community of Republika Srpska
>
> *„**Замислите свијет у коме **свака особа на планети има **слободан приступ
> цјелокупном људском знању.* *То је *
> *оно на чему ми радимо.“*

GN.

*Power of Diverse Collaboration*
*Sharing knowledge brings people together*
Wikimania Bangkok 2021
August
hosted by ESEAP

Wikimania: https://wikimania.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Gnangarra