[Wikimedia-l] Calling all Chapters re Wikimania Scholarships!

[Wikimedia-l] Calling all Chapters re Wikimania Scholarships!

Ellie Young

I am attempting to do outreach to all the Wikimeida chapters  to assess which ones might be offering scholarships to Wikimania 2015 being held in July in Mexico City.   The WMF Scholarship program's  call for applications has been recently posted and the deadline for receiving applications is February 16.   The Scholarship Committee will be doing its review and making its recommendations to WMF from mid-February through mid-March.

If a chapter would like to be sent applications from  those submitted to the WMF Scholarships Program, please get in touch with me prior to February 16.     It would also be helpful for planning purposes for me to know if a chapter will be offering scholarships directly (not making use of the applications to the WMF program).

For more infomation about the WMF program see:

https://wikimania2015.wikimedia.org/wiki/Scholarships

I look forward to hearing from chapter contacts in the next 3 weeks.

Thank you,

Ellie

Ellie Young
Conference Coordinator
Wikimedia Foundation
149 New Montgomery Street
San Francisco, CA  94105
p. 415 839 6885 x6862
c. 510 701 8649

Re: [Wikimedia-l] [Chapters] Calling all Chapters re Wikimania Scholarships!

Santiago Navarro
Hello Ellie. Wikimedia Spain is not able to offer any scholarchip for
Wikimania 2015.

El 2015-01-27 01:53, Ellie Young escribiĆ³:

> I am attempting to do outreach to all the Wikimeida chapters  to
> assess which ones might be offering scholarships to Wikimania 2015
> being held in July in Mexico City.   The WMF Scholarship program's
> call for applications has been recently posted and the deadline for
> receiving applications is February 16.   The Scholarship Committee
> will be doing its review and making its recommendations to WMF from
> mid-February through mid-March.
>
> If a chapter would like to be sent applications from  those submitted
> to the WMF Scholarships Program, please get in touch with me prior to
> February 16.     It would also be helpful for planning purposes for me
> to know if a chapter will be offering scholarships directly (not
> making use of the applications to the WMF program).
>
> For more infomation about the WMF program see:
>
> https://wikimania2015.wikimedia.org/wiki/Scholarships
>
> I look forward to hearing from chapter contacts in the next 3 weeks.
>
> Thank you,
>
> Ellie
>

> Ellie Young
> Conference Coordinator
> Wikimedia Foundation
> 149 New Montgomery Street
> San Francisco, CA  94105
> p. 415 839 6885 x6862
> c. 510 701 8649

Santiago Navarro Sanz
Wikimedia EspaƱa
http://www.wikimedia.org.es/

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Calling all Chapters re Wikimania Scholarships!

Laurentius-2
Il giorno lun, 26/01/2015 alle 16.53 -0800, Ellie Young ha scritto:

> I am attempting to do outreach to all the Wikimeida chapters  to
> assess which ones might be offering scholarships to Wikimania 2015
> being held in July in Mexico City.   The WMF Scholarship program's
> call for applications has been recently posted and the deadline for
> receiving applications is February 16.   The Scholarship Committee
> will be doing its review and making its recommendations to WMF from
> mid-February through mid-March.
>
> If a chapter would like to be sent applications from  those submitted
> to the WMF Scholarships Program, please get in touch with me prior to
> February 16.     It would also be helpful for planning purposes for me
> to know if a chapter will be offering scholarships directly (not
> making use of the applications to the WMF program).

Wikimedia Italia plans to offer scholarships directly, like in the past
years.
The call for applications are likely to come in 1-2 months from now
(usually scholarship are discussed together with the annual budget,
which is going to be approved in March).

Laurentius