[Wikimedia-l] Changing roles

jmh649
Hey All

I am excited to have rejoined the board of the WMF during Wikimania. As per
the requirements of the position I have stepped down from the board of
WPMEDF. Shani Evenstein has taken over the role of chair. I will remain
associated with the organization as a special advisory and funder. I have
also not re-run for the board of WMCA but am leaving that organization in
the excellent hands of Benoit and the rest of the board.

Best
--
James Heilman
MD, CCFP-EM, Wikipedian

The Wikipedia Open Textbook of Medicine

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Changing roles

Fæ
James, thank you for making a public statement. It sets a healthy tone
for good governance and transparency of how interests are managed.

Does anyone know if WMF board members will ever be required to make
public statements about perceived conflicts of loyalties, or indeed
actual commercial conflicts of interest? It may be a good subject for
the Wikimedia Foundation Board Governance Committee to set down a best
practice for.

Thanks,
Fae

On 16 August 2017 at 14:50, James Heilman <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hey All
>
> I am excited to have rejoined the board of the WMF during Wikimania. As per
> the requirements of the position I have stepped down from the board of
> WPMEDF. Shani Evenstein has taken over the role of chair. I will remain
> associated with the organization as a special advisory and funder. I have
> also not re-run for the board of WMCA but am leaving that organization in
> the excellent hands of Benoit and the rest of the board.
>
> Best
> --
> James Heilman
> MD, CCFP-EM, Wikipedian
> Member of the Board of Trustees, WMF

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Changing roles

Natacha Rault
Thank you James and good luck in this board! Thank you for sharing this with us.
Kind regards,

Natacha / Nattes à chat