[Wikimedia-l] Chapter De-Recognition: Wikimedia Macedonia

[Wikimedia-l] Chapter De-Recognition: Wikimedia Macedonia

Kirill Lokshin
Hi everyone,

Recognition as a Wikimedia movement affiliate — a chapter, thematic
organization, or user group — is a privilege that allows an independent
group to officially use the Wikimedia trademarks to further the Wikimedia
mission. While most affiliates adhere to the basic compliance standards set
forth in their agreements with the Wikimedia Foundation, a protocol has
been developed to address the exceptional cases when a Wikimedia movement
affiliate does not meet basic compliance standards and their continued
recognition as a Wikimedia movement affiliate presents a risk to the
Wikimedia movement.

On February 13, 2017, Wikimedia Macedonia was notified that their access to
the Wikimedia chapter benefits was being suspended as a result of
long-standing non-compliance with reporting requirements, and informed of
the deadlines for returning to compliance in order to avoid
de-recognition.  As Wikimedia Macedonia did not submit the required reports
by these deadlines, they were subsequently notified that they would no
longer be recognized as a Wikimedia chapter after the termination of their
Chapter Agreement on September 10, 2017.

As always, if you have questions about what this means for the community
members in Wikimedia Macedonia’s geographic area or language scope, please
refer to the affiliate de-recognition FAQ (https://meta.wikimedia.org/
wiki/Wikimedia_movement_affiliate_de-recognition_FAQ) or contact the
Affiliations Committee directly.

Regards,
Kirill Lokshin
Chair, Affiliations Committee

Re: [Wikimedia-l] [Affiliates] Chapter De-Recognition: Wikimedia Macedonia

Kirill Lokshin
Hi Mārtiņš,

That's correct; this is in reference to the original Wikimedia Macedonia.

Regards,
Kirill Lokshin
Chair, Affiliations Committee