[Wikimedia-l] Co sprawia, że jesteś szczęśliwy w tym tygodniu? / What's making you happy this week? (Week of 22 December 2019)

[Wikimedia-l] Co sprawia, że jesteś szczęśliwy w tym tygodniu? / What's making you happy this week? (Week of 22 December 2019)

Pine W
For those who celebrate these occasions, I wish you a merry Christmas and a
happy new year.

I am happy to learn about holidays from diverse origins, and I would
welcome people sharing information about holidays that they celebrate.

Wikimedia Commons hosts several audio recordings of Christmas carols that
have Polish or German associations. Here are a few selections. Any
corrections to English translations would be appreciated.
** "El desembre congelat II"* / "December Frozen II"; organ solo
performance by User:Metzner
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:El_desembre_congelat_II.ogg>

* "O Tannenbaum" / "O Christmas Tree", sung in German and English. The
lyrics to the modern version of the carol were written in 1824, and the
history of the lyrics can be traced to a 16th century folk song.
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:U.S._Army_Band_-_O_Tannenbaum.ogg> [1]

* "Wśród nocnej ciszy"/ "The Silence of the Night"; produced in association
with Wikimedia Polska (the Wikimedia Poland chapter). The original authors
of the lyrics and tune are unknown; the carol was first published in the
year 1853.
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:W%C5%9Br%C3%B3d_nocnej_ciszy.ogg> [2]

What’s making you happy this week? You are welcome to write in any
language. You are also welcome to start a WMYHTW thread next week.

Additional translations of the subject line of this email would be
appreciated on Meta
<https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Pine/WMYHTW_translations>.

Best wishes,
Pine

[1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/O_Tannenbaum
[2] https://pl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wśród nocnej ciszy
<https://pl.wikipedia.org/wiki/W%C5%9Br%C3%B3d_nocnej_ciszy>

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Co sprawia, że jesteś szczęśliwy w tym tygodniu? / What's making you happy this week? (Week of 22 December 2019)

RhinosF1 -
Merry Christmas to you too and everyone at Wikimedia!

RhinosF1

On Tue, 24 Dec 2019 at 07:19, Pine W <[hidden email]> wrote:

> For those who celebrate these occasions, I wish you a merry Christmas and a
> happy new year.
>
> I am happy to learn about holidays from diverse origins, and I would
> welcome people sharing information about holidays that they celebrate.
>
> Wikimedia Commons hosts several audio recordings of Christmas carols that
> have Polish or German associations. Here are a few selections. Any
> corrections to English translations would be appreciated.
> ** "El desembre congelat II"* / "December Frozen II"; organ solo
> performance by User:Metzner
> <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:El_desembre_congelat_II.ogg>
>
> * "O Tannenbaum" / "O Christmas Tree", sung in German and English. The
> lyrics to the modern version of the carol were written in 1824, and the
> history of the lyrics can be traced to a 16th century folk song.
> <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:U.S._Army_Band_-_O_Tannenbaum.ogg> [1]
>
> * "Wśród nocnej ciszy"/ "The Silence of the Night"; produced in association
> with Wikimedia Polska (the Wikimedia Poland chapter). The original authors
> of the lyrics and tune are unknown; the carol was first published in the
> year 1853.
> <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:W%C5%9Br%C3%B3d_nocnej_ciszy.ogg> [2]
>

> What’s making you happy this week? You are welcome to write in any
> language. You are also welcome to start a WMYHTW thread next week.
>

> Additional translations of the subject line of this email would be
> appreciated on Meta
> <https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Pine/WMYHTW_translations>.
>
> Best wishes,
> Pine
>

> [1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/O_Tannenbaum
> [2] https://pl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wśród nocnej ciszy
> <https://pl.wikipedia.org/wiki/W%C5%9Br%C3%B3d_nocnej_ciszy>

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Co sprawia, że jesteś szczęśliwy w tym tygodniu? / What's making you happy this week? (Week of 22 December 2019)

Rajeeb Dutta
Thanks Pine for the lovely mail and discussing lovely way to document
celebrations, I wish you a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.
Regards,
Raj.
(U:Marajozkee).

On Tue, 24 Dec 2019 at 12:49, Pine W <[hidden email]> wrote:

> For those who celebrate these occasions, I wish you a merry Christmas and a
> happy new year.
>
> I am happy to learn about holidays from diverse origins, and I would
> welcome people sharing information about holidays that they celebrate.
>
> Wikimedia Commons hosts several audio recordings of Christmas carols that
> have Polish or German associations. Here are a few selections. Any
> corrections to English translations would be appreciated.
> ** "El desembre congelat II"* / "December Frozen II"; organ solo
> performance by User:Metzner
> <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:El_desembre_congelat_II.ogg>
>
> * "O Tannenbaum" / "O Christmas Tree", sung in German and English. The
> lyrics to the modern version of the carol were written in 1824, and the
> history of the lyrics can be traced to a 16th century folk song.
> <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:U.S._Army_Band_-_O_Tannenbaum.ogg> [1]
>
> * "Wśród nocnej ciszy"/ "The Silence of the Night"; produced in association
> with Wikimedia Polska (the Wikimedia Poland chapter). The original authors
> of the lyrics and tune are unknown; the carol was first published in the
> year 1853.
> <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:W%C5%9Br%C3%B3d_nocnej_ciszy.ogg> [2]
>

> What’s making you happy this week? You are welcome to write in any
> language. You are also welcome to start a WMYHTW thread next week.
>

> Additional translations of the subject line of this email would be
> appreciated on Meta
> <https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Pine/WMYHTW_translations>.
>
> Best wishes,
> Pine
>

> [1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/O_Tannenbaum
> [2] https://pl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wśród nocnej ciszy
> <https://pl.wikipedia.org/wiki/W%C5%9Br%C3%B3d_nocnej_ciszy>

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Co sprawia, że jesteś szczęśliwy w tym tygodniu? / What's making you happy this week? (Week of 22 December 2019)

Jan Ainali-3
Thanks for your email once again Pine,

I am happy that I managed to pull through with an entire season of
Wikipediapodden. As a reminder, all of the ones in English can be found
through this Petscan: https://petscan.wmflabs.org/?psid=14599911

or if you prefer through the English tag on our webpage:
http://wikipediapodden.se/tag/english/

Merry Christmas
Jan Ainali