[Wikimedia-l] Community Tech: November report

[Wikimedia-l] Community Tech: November report

Danny Horn
Hi everyone, here's what the Community Tech team's been up to lately.

* Community Wishlist Survey: we've been running this survey to identify the
most important features and fixes to work on in 2016; you might have heard
about it because we've been spamming mailing lists and village pumps. If
you haven't checked it out yet -- the voting phase ends on Monday, please
come and vote for the proposals you want to support! There are a lot of
proposals, and many of them are awesome.
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/2015_Community_Wishlist_Survey

* Gadgets 2.0: A new Gadget Manager has been in the works for a long time,
to replace Mediawiki:Gadgets-definition as the interface for managing
gadgets on a wiki. Community Tech is helping to complete the feature -- in
November, we created new Gadget and Gadget_definition namespaces and
content models, and we're currently working on the Gadget Manager itself.
For more info: https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Gadgets_2.0 and
https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T31272.

* GadgetUsage: We made some improvements to the Special:GadgetUsage report,
filtering out removed gadgets and adding a recently active users count. You
can see the improved report at
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Special:GadgetUsage, and it'll roll out to
more projects next week.

* Citation bot: We've been working on getting Citation bot into shape;
check out https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T108412 for more.

In December, we've got more work coming up on Gadget Manager, Citation bot
and storing WikiProject article assessment metadata. Plus come and vote in
the Wishlist Survey so that we have interesting things to work on in
January. Thank you and good night.

DannyH (WMF)
Community Tech

(cross-posted to Wikimedia-l, Wikitech-l and WMF staff lists, sorry for the
duplication)

Re: [Wikimedia-l] [Wmfall] Community Tech: November report

Ryan Kaldari-2
Also, we should mention that most of the work for Gadgets 2.0 was
originally done by Timo and Kunal and they have been a huge help getting us
up to speed on it. We should have a demo up on Labs soon for people to play
with.