[Wikimedia-l] Community consultation on the future of Wikimania

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[Wikimedia-l] Community consultation on the future of Wikimania

Josh Lim
Hi everybody,

Last October, Siko committed to a community consultation on the future of Wikimania scheduled for November.[1] However, November came and went, and nothing has happened since then.

As a matter of course, I have to ask whether the WMF is still committed to holding a community consultation on Wikimania, and if so, when.  In addition, we’d like to know what the WMF and the Wikimania Committee have been doing since what happened last October that could allay all our fears over what’s happening with the future of the community’s conference.

On behalf of the Wikimania Manila team,

Josh

[1] https://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/wikimedia-l/2015-October/079310.html

JAMES JOSHUA G. LIM
Bachelor of Arts in Political Science
Class of 2013, Ateneo de Manila University
Quezon City, Metro Manila, Philippines

[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]> | +63 (915) 321-7582
Facebook/Twitter: akiestar | Wikimedia: Sky Harbor
http://about.me/josh.lim <http://about.me/josh.lim>
_______________________________________________
Wikimedia-l mailing list, guidelines at: https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Mailing_lists/Guidelines
[hidden email]
Unsubscribe: https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimedia-l, <mailto:[hidden email]?subject=unsubscribe>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Wikimedia-l] [Wikimania-l] Community consultation on the future of Wikimania

Ellie Young
Josh,

A lot of work has gone into preparing for  the consultation.    It will be going out December 14.  We are looking forward to getting everyone's feedback in the weeks after and into early January.

Ellie

> On Dec 2, 2015, at 8:11 PM, Josh Lim <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi everybody,
>
> Last October, Siko committed to a community consultation on the future of Wikimania scheduled for November.[1] However, November came and went, and nothing has happened since then.
>
> As a matter of course, I have to ask whether the WMF is still committed to holding a community consultation on Wikimania, and if so, when.  In addition, we’d like to know what the WMF and the Wikimania Committee have been doing since what happened last October that could allay all our fears over what’s happening with the future of the community’s conference.
>
> On behalf of the Wikimania Manila team,
>
> Josh
>
> [1] https://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/wikimedia-l/2015-October/079310.html
>
> JAMES JOSHUA G. LIM
> Bachelor of Arts in Political Science
> Class of 2013, Ateneo de Manila University
> Quezon City, Metro Manila, Philippines
>
> [hidden email] | +63 (915) 321-7582
> Facebook/Twitter: akiestar | Wikimedia: Sky Harbor
> http://about.me/josh.lim
>
> _______________________________________________
> Wikimania-l mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimania-l
_______________________________________________
Wikimedia-l mailing list, guidelines at: https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Mailing_lists/Guidelines
[hidden email]
Unsubscribe: https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimedia-l, <mailto:[hidden email]?subject=unsubscribe>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Wikimedia-l] [Wikimania-l] Community consultation on the future of Wikimania

Austin Hair
On Thu, Dec 3, 2015 at 5:11 PM, Ellie Young <[hidden email]> wrote:
> A lot of work has gone into preparing for  the consultation.    It will be going out December 14.  We are looking forward to getting everyone's feedback in the weeks after and into early January.

Is there a particular reason it's being delayed until the 14th?

Austin

_______________________________________________
Wikimedia-l mailing list, guidelines at: https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Mailing_lists/Guidelines
[hidden email]
Unsubscribe: https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimedia-l, <mailto:[hidden email]?subject=unsubscribe>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Community consultation on the future of Wikimania

Florence Devouard-3
Le 03/12/15 20:21, Austin Hair a écrit :

> On Thu, Dec 3, 2015 at 5:11 PM, Ellie Young <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> A lot of work has gone into preparing for  the consultation.    It will be going out December 14.  We are looking forward to getting everyone's feedback in the weeks after and into early January.
>
> Is there a particular reason it's being delayed until the 14th?
>
> Austin
>
> _______________________________________________
> Wikimania-l mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimania-l
>

Hello

I do not know if this is the only reason, but whilst the consultation is
proposed by WMF, the steering committee has been invited to comment and
to propose any modification that members would think needed (I answered
by email to this request).
I believe the additional days is simply to make sure that some
stakeholders review the current proposition to make sure that it is the
clearest and most comprehensive one before it is open to community
input. Call it review of the consultation ?

Flo

_______________________________________________
Wikimedia-l mailing list, guidelines at: https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Mailing_lists/Guidelines
[hidden email]
Unsubscribe: https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimedia-l, <mailto:[hidden email]?subject=unsubscribe>