[Wikimedia-l] Craig Franklin passed away

[Wikimedia-l] Craig Franklin passed away

Lodewijk
Hi all,

Through various other channels I learned the unfortunate news that Craig
Franklin (Lankiveil) has recently passed away. He was a board member
(2011-2015) and president (2013) at Wikimedia Australia, longtime English
Wikipedian and admin, and until this month he was member of the Ombudsman
Commission.

Craig was a lively participant in many of our meetings/conferences, and it
was always a joy to see him enter a discussion.

Condoleances are being collected on his user talk page:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_talk:Lankiveil

Best regards,

Lodewijk

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Craig Franklin passed away

Dariusz Jemielniak-3
This is deeply saddening. Craig was lively, funny and smart. I will miss
him.

Dj

On Mon, Apr 16, 2018, 19:57 Lodewijk <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Through various other channels I learned the unfortunate news that Craig
> Franklin (Lankiveil) has recently passed away. He was a board member
> (2011-2015) and president (2013) at Wikimedia Australia, longtime English
> Wikipedian and admin, and until this month he was member of the Ombudsman
> Commission.
>
> Craig was a lively participant in many of our meetings/conferences, and it
> was always a joy to see him enter a discussion.
>
> Condoleances are being collected on his user talk page:
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_talk:Lankiveil
>
> Best regards,
>
> Lodewijk

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Craig Franklin passed away

Shlomi Fish
On Mon, 16 Apr 2018 10:56:43 -0700
Lodewijk <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Through various other channels I learned the unfortunate news that Craig
> Franklin (Lankiveil) has recently passed away. He was a board member
> (2011-2015) and president (2013) at Wikimedia Australia, longtime English
> Wikipedian and admin, and until this month he was member of the Ombudsman
> Commission.
>
> Craig was a lively participant in many of our meetings/conferences, and it
> was always a joy to see him enter a discussion.
>
> Condoleances are being collected on his user talk page:
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_talk:Lankiveil

sorry to hear that,

        -- Shlomi

> Best regards,
>
> Lodewijk

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Craig Franklin passed away

Nurunnaby Hasive-3
Sad to know.

Hasive

On Tue, Apr 17, 2018 at 3:38 AM, Shlomi Fish <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Mon, 16 Apr 2018 10:56:43 -0700
> Lodewijk <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Hi all,
> >
> > Through various other channels I learned the unfortunate news that Craig
> > Franklin (Lankiveil) has recently passed away. He was a board member
> > (2011-2015) and president (2013) at Wikimedia Australia, longtime English
> > Wikipedian and admin, and until this month he was member of the Ombudsman
> > Commission.
> >
> > Craig was a lively participant in many of our meetings/conferences, and
> it
> > was always a joy to see him enter a discussion.
> >
> > Condoleances are being collected on his user talk page:
> > https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_talk:Lankiveil
> >

> sorry to hear that,
>
>         -- Shlomi
>
> > Best regards,
> >
> > Lodewijk

*Nurunnaby Chowdhury (Hasive) **:: **নুরুন্নবী চৌধুরী (হাছিব)*
User: Hasive <http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Hasive> |
GSM/WhatsApp/Viber: +8801712754752

Administrator | Bengali Wikipedia <http://bn.wikipedia.org/wiki/user:Hasive>
Board Member | Wikimedia Bangladesh <http://www.wikimedia.org.bd/>
fb.com/Hasive <http://fb.com/NCHasive> | @nhasive
<http://www.twitter.com/nhasive> | www.nhasive.com

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Craig Franklin passed away

phoebe ayers-3
On Mon, Apr 16, 2018 at 1:56 PM, Lodewijk <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Through various other channels I learned the unfortunate news that Craig
> Franklin (Lankiveil) has recently passed away.

What! that is terrible. I fondly remember talking (& sometimes having
friendly arguments) with Craig at various Wikimedia conferences and events
over the years, and seeing him around the English Wikipedia as an editor &
admin since way back (2004). A loss for his family and friends, and for our
movement.

Thanks for passing on the news, & my condolences to all of his friends.
- Phoebe

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Craig Franklin passed away

Alessandro Marchetti via Wikimedia-l
May Craig's soul rest in peace.
Kayode Yussuf

wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Through various other channels I learned the unfortunate news that Craig
> Franklin (Lankiveil) has recently passed away.

What! that is terrible. I fondly remember talking (& sometimes having
friendly arguments) with Craig at various Wikimedia conferences and events
over the years, and seeing him around the English Wikipedia as an editor &
admin since way back (2004). A loss for his family and friends, and for our
movement.

Thanks for passing on the news, & my condolences to all of his friends.
- Phoebe

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Craig Franklin passed away

Md. Ibrahim Husain
Very sad news. May his soul rest in peace.

On Wednesday, April 18, 2018, kayode yussuf via Wikimedia-l <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> May Craig's soul rest in peace.
> Kayode Yussuf
>
>     On Wednesday, April 18, 2018, 4:50:16 PM GMT+1, phoebe ayers <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
>  On Mon, Apr 16, 2018 at 1:56 PM, Lodewijk <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > Hi all,
> >
> > Through various other channels I learned the unfortunate news that Craig
> > Franklin (Lankiveil) has recently passed away.
> >

> What! that is terrible. I fondly remember talking (& sometimes having
> friendly arguments) with Craig at various Wikimedia conferences and events
> over the years, and seeing him around the English Wikipedia as an editor &
> admin since way back (2004). A loss for his family and friends, and for our
> movement.
>
> Thanks for passing on the news, & my condolences to all of his friends.
> - Phoebe

Md. Ibrahim Husain
Mobile: 01921 584733