[Wikimedia-l] Diversity Award for the mentoring program of the 2017 Wikimedia Hackathon in Vienna

[Wikimedia-l] Diversity Award for the mentoring program of the 2017 Wikimedia Hackathon in Vienna

Claudia Garád
Hello everyone!

We wanted to share some good news with you: Our international team
around the Wikimedia Hackathon mentoring program won the first Austrian
Open Source Award in the category "Diversity" [1].

The Austrian Open Source Award was established this year in order to
raise awareness and visibility for our local Open Source Communities and
their projects. The jury consisted of representatives from across the
various Open Communities in Austria (Open Knowledge, Linux, and Drupal
among others) and honoured outstanding projects in the categories Open
Data, Open Software, Open Hardware, and Diversity.

The Jury particularly mentioned our comprehensive documentation under a
free license which enables other event organizers to apply our ideas and
concepts and to build on them [2] [3].
We are very happy about this positive signal for inclusive events, which
make it easier for all newcomers to join our great communities and we
hope it encourages even more people to also make our other Wikimedia
events more and more newcomer friendly. A special thanks goes to our
awesome mentors who were the heart and soul of the mentoring program and
the Hackathon!

For more information about what we learned around the mentoring program
you can also check out our post from the Wikimedia Blog [4].

[1]: https://www.openminds.at/
[2]:https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Hackathons/Handbook
[3]:https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Hackathon_2017/Mentoring_Program
[4]: https://blog.wikimedia.org/2017/05/31/vienna-hackathon-learnings/
--
Claudia Garád
Executive Director

*Wikimedia Österreich*
Stolzenthalergasse /1
1070 Wien
www.wikimedia.at

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Diversity Award for the mentoring program of the 2017 Wikimedia Hackathon in Vienna

Pierre-Selim
Kudos to the whole hackathon team!

Le 28 sept. 2017 15:39, "Claudia Garád" <[hidden email]> a
écrit :

[...]

Anna Torres-2
Congrats on behalf of Wikimedia Argentina!!!

> Kudos to the whole hackathon team!
>
> Le 28 sept. 2017 15:39, "Claudia Garád" <[hidden email]> a
> écrit :
>
> Hello everyone!
>
> We wanted to share some good news with you: Our international team around
> the Wikimedia Hackathon mentoring program won the first Austrian Open
> Source Award in the category "Diversity" [1].
>
> The Austrian Open Source Award was established this year in order to raise
> awareness and visibility for our local Open Source Communities and their
> projects. The jury consisted of representatives from across the various
> Open Communities in Austria (Open Knowledge, Linux, and Drupal among
> others) and honoured outstanding projects in the categories Open Data, Open
> Software, Open Hardware, and Diversity.
>
> The Jury particularly mentioned our comprehensive documentation under a
> free license which enables other event organizers to apply our ideas and
> concepts and to build on them [2] [3].
> We are very happy about this positive signal for inclusive events, which
> make it easier for all newcomers to join our great communities and we hope
> it encourages even more people to also make our other Wikimedia events more
> and more newcomer friendly. A special thanks goes to our awesome mentors
> who were the heart and soul of the mentoring program and the Hackathon!
>
> For more information about what we learned around the mentoring program you
> can also check out our post from the Wikimedia Blog [4].
>
> [1]: https://www.openminds.at/
> [2]:https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Hackathons/Handbook
> [3]:https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Hackathon_2017/
> Mentoring_Program
> [4]: https://blog.wikimedia.org/2017/05/31/vienna-hackathon-learnings/
> --
> Claudia Garád
> Executive Director
>
> *Wikimedia Österreich*
> Stolzenthalergasse /1
> 1070 Wien
> www.wikimedia.at

Anna Torres Adell
Directora Ejecutiva
*A.C. Wikimedia Argentina*

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Diversity Award for the mentoring program of the 2017 Wikimedia Hackathon in Vienna

Sandra Rientjes  - Wikimedia Nederland
Congratulations!

Sandra Rientjes
Directeur/Executive Director Wikimedia Nederland

tel.    (+31) (0)30 3200238
mob. (+31) (0)6  31786379

www.wikimedia.nl

*Postadres*:                                                 * Bezoekadres:*
Postbus 167                                                Mariaplaats 3
3500 AD  Utrecht                                         Utrecht

> Hello everyone!
>
> We wanted to share some good news with you: Our international team around
> the Wikimedia Hackathon mentoring program won the first Austrian Open
> Source Award in the category "Diversity" [1].
>
> The Austrian Open Source Award was established this year in order to raise
> awareness and visibility for our local Open Source Communities and their
> projects. The jury consisted of representatives from across the various
> Open Communities in Austria (Open Knowledge, Linux, and Drupal among
> others) and honoured outstanding projects in the categories Open Data, Open
> Software, Open Hardware, and Diversity.
>
> The Jury particularly mentioned our comprehensive documentation under a
> free license which enables other event organizers to apply our ideas and
> concepts and to build on them [2] [3].
> We are very happy about this positive signal for inclusive events, which
> make it easier for all newcomers to join our great communities and we hope
> it encourages even more people to also make our other Wikimedia events more
> and more newcomer friendly. A special thanks goes to our awesome mentors
> who were the heart and soul of the mentoring program and the Hackathon!
>
> For more information about what we learned around the mentoring program
> you can also check out our post from the Wikimedia Blog [4].
>
> [1]: https://www.openminds.at/
> [2]:https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Hackathons/Handbook
> [3]:https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Hackathon_2017/
> Mentoring_Program
> [4]: https://blog.wikimedia.org/2017/05/31/vienna-hackathon-learnings/
> --
> Claudia Garád
> Executive Director
>
> *Wikimedia Österreich*
> Stolzenthalergasse /1
> 1070 Wien
> www.wikimedia.at

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Diversity Award for the mentoring program of the 2017 Wikimedia Hackathon in Vienna

Tanweer Morshed
Congratulations to Wikimedia Austria!

On Thursday, September 28, 2017, Sandra Rientjes - Wikimedia Nederland <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Congratulations!
>
> Sandra Rientjes
> Directeur/Executive Director Wikimedia Nederland
>
> tel.    (+31) (0)30 3200238
> mob. (+31) (0)6  31786379
>
> www.wikimedia.nl
>
> *Postadres*:                                                 *
> Bezoekadres:*
> Postbus 167                                                Mariaplaats 3
> 3500 AD  Utrecht                                         Utrecht

> <javascript:;>>:
>
> > Hello everyone!
> >
> > We wanted to share some good news with you: Our international team around
> > the Wikimedia Hackathon mentoring program won the first Austrian Open
> > Source Award in the category "Diversity" [1].
> >
> > The Austrian Open Source Award was established this year in order to
> raise
> > awareness and visibility for our local Open Source Communities and their
> > projects. The jury consisted of representatives from across the various
> > Open Communities in Austria (Open Knowledge, Linux, and Drupal among
> > others) and honoured outstanding projects in the categories Open Data,
> Open
> > Software, Open Hardware, and Diversity.
> >
> > The Jury particularly mentioned our comprehensive documentation under a
> > free license which enables other event organizers to apply our ideas and
> > concepts and to build on them [2] [3].
> > We are very happy about this positive signal for inclusive events, which
> > make it easier for all newcomers to join our great communities and we
> hope
> > it encourages even more people to also make our other Wikimedia events
> more
> > and more newcomer friendly. A special thanks goes to our awesome mentors
> > who were the heart and soul of the mentoring program and the Hackathon!
> >
> > For more information about what we learned around the mentoring program
> > you can also check out our post from the Wikimedia Blog [4].
> >
> > [1]: https://www.openminds.at/
> > [2]:https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Hackathons/Handbook
> > [3]:https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Hackathon_2017/
> > Mentoring_Program
> > [4]: https://blog.wikimedia.org/2017/05/31/vienna-hackathon-learnings/
> > --
> > Claudia Garád
> > Executive Director
> >
> > *Wikimedia Österreich*
> > Stolzenthalergasse /1
> > 1070 Wien
> > www.wikimedia.at

Tanweer

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Diversity Award for the mentoring program of the 2017 Wikimedia Hackathon in Vienna

NC Hasive
Congratulations!

Hasive
WMBD

On Thu, Sep 28, 2017 at 8:13 PM, Tanweer Morshed <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Congratulations to Wikimedia Austria!
>

> On Thursday, September 28, 2017, Sandra Rientjes - Wikimedia Nederland <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Congratulations!
> >
> > Sandra Rientjes
> > Directeur/Executive Director Wikimedia Nederland
> >
> > tel.    (+31) (0)30 3200238
> > mob. (+31) (0)6 31786379
> >
> > www.wikimedia.nl
> >
> > *Postadres*:                                                 *
> > Bezoekadres:*
> > Postbus 167                                                Mariaplaats 3
> > 3500 AD  Utrecht                                         Utrecht

> > <javascript:;>>:
> >
> > > Hello everyone!
> > >
> > > We wanted to share some good news with you: Our international team
> around
> > > the Wikimedia Hackathon mentoring program won the first Austrian Open
> > > Source Award in the category "Diversity" [1].
> > >
> > > The Austrian Open Source Award was established this year in order to
> > raise
> > > awareness and visibility for our local Open Source Communities and
> their
> > > projects. The jury consisted of representatives from across the various
> > > Open Communities in Austria (Open Knowledge, Linux, and Drupal among
> > > others) and honoured outstanding projects in the categories Open Data,
> > Open
> > > Software, Open Hardware, and Diversity.
> > >
> > > The Jury particularly mentioned our comprehensive documentation under a
> > > free license which enables other event organizers to apply our ideas
> and
> > > concepts and to build on them [2] [3].
> > > We are very happy about this positive signal for inclusive events,
> which
> > > make it easier for all newcomers to join our great communities and we
> > hope
> > > it encourages even more people to also make our other Wikimedia events
> > more
> > > and more newcomer friendly. A special thanks goes to our awesome
> mentors
> > > who were the heart and soul of the mentoring program and the Hackathon!
> > >
> > > For more information about what we learned around the mentoring program
> > > you can also check out our post from the Wikimedia Blog [4].
> > >
> > > [1]: https://www.openminds.at/
> > > [2]:https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Hackathons/Handbook
> > > [3]:https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Hackathon_2017/
> > > Mentoring_Program
> > > [4]: https://blog.wikimedia.org/2017/05/31/vienna-hackathon-learnings/
> > > --
> > > Claudia Garád
> > > Executive Director
> > >
> > > *Wikimedia Österreich*
> > > Stolzenthalergasse /1
> > > 1070 Wien
> > > www.wikimedia.at

> Regards,
> Tanweer

*Nurunnaby Chowdhury (Hasive) **:: **নুরুন্নবী চৌধুরী (হাছিব)*
User: Hasive <http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Hasive> |
GSM/WhatsApp/Viber: +8801712754752

Administrator | Bengali Wikipedia <http://bn.wikipedia.org/wiki/user:Hasive>
Board Member | Wikimedia Bangladesh <http://www.wikimedia.org.bd/>
fb.com/Hasive <http://fb.com/NCHasive> | @nhasive
<http://www.twitter.com/nhasive> | www.nhasive.com

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Diversity Award for the mentoring program of the 2017 Wikimedia Hackathon in Vienna

Moheen Reeyad
Congratulations!

--
Moheen

On Sat, Sep 30, 2017 at 3:06 PM, Nurunnaby Hasive <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Congratulations!
>

> Hasive
> WMBD
>
> On Thu, Sep 28, 2017 at 8:13 PM, Tanweer Morshed <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > Congratulations to Wikimedia Austria!
> >

> > On Thursday, September 28, 2017, Sandra Rientjes - Wikimedia Nederland <
> > [hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > > Congratulations!
> > >
> > > Sandra Rientjes
> > > Directeur/Executive Director Wikimedia Nederland
> > >
> > > tel.    (+31) (0)30 3200238
> > > mob. (+31) (0)6 31786379
> > >
> > > www.wikimedia.nl
> > >
> > > *Postadres*:                                                 *
> > > Bezoekadres:*
> > > Postbus 167                                                Mariaplaats
> 3
> > > 3500 AD  Utrecht                                         Utrecht

> > around

> > > raise
> > their
> various
> Data,
> > > Open

> under a
> > and
> > which
> > > hope
> events
> > > more
> > mentors
> Hackathon!

> program

> learnings/

> > > ?subject=unsubscribe>

> > Regards,
> > Tanweer

> *Nurunnaby Chowdhury (Hasive) **:: **নুরুন্নবী চৌধুরী (হাছিব)*
> User: Hasive <http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Hasive> |
> GSM/WhatsApp/Viber: +8801712754752
> ​
> Administrator | Bengali Wikipedia <http://bn.wikipedia.org/wiki/
> user:Hasive>
> Board Member | Wikimedia Bangladesh <http://www.wikimedia.org.bd/>
> fb.com/Hasive <http://fb.com/NCHasive> | @nhasive
> <http://www.twitter.com/nhasive> | www.nhasive.com

*Moheen Reeyad*Author, Editor, Internet activist.
@moheenreeyad <https://twitter.com/moheenreeyad> | moheenreeyad.xyz

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Diversity Award for the mentoring program of the 2017 Wikimedia Hackathon in Vienna

Isaac Olatunde
Congratulations to you all.

Greetings from Nigeria.

Regards,

Isaac

On Sep 30, 2017 12:01 PM, "Moheen Reeyad" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Congratulations!
>
> --
> Moheen
>
> On Sat, Sep 30, 2017 at 3:06 PM, Nurunnaby Hasive <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Congratulations!
> >

> > Hasive
> > WMBD
> >
> > On Thu, Sep 28, 2017 at 8:13 PM, Tanweer Morshed <[hidden email]
> >
> > wrote:
> >
> > > Congratulations to Wikimedia Austria!
> > >

> > > On Thursday, September 28, 2017, Sandra Rientjes - Wikimedia Nederland
> <

> Mariaplaats
> > 3

> > > around
> Open

> > > their
> > various
> among
> > Data,

> > under a
> ideas
> > > and
> > > which
> we
> > events
> > > mentors
> > Hackathon!

> > program

> > learnings/

> > > --
> > > Regards,
> > > Tanweer

> > *Nurunnaby Chowdhury (Hasive) **:: **নুরুন্নবী চৌধুরী (হাছিব)*
> > User: Hasive <http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Hasive> |
> > GSM/WhatsApp/Viber: +8801712754752
> > ​
> > Administrator | Bengali Wikipedia <http://bn.wikipedia.org/wiki/
> > user:Hasive>
> > Board Member | Wikimedia Bangladesh <http://www.wikimedia.org.bd/>
> > fb.com/Hasive <http://fb.com/NCHasive> | @nhasive
> > <http://www.twitter.com/nhasive> | www.nhasive.com

> *Moheen Reeyad*Author, Editor, Internet activist.
> @moheenreeyad <https://twitter.com/moheenreeyad> | moheenreeyad.xyz

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Diversity Award for the mentoring program of the 2017 Wikimedia Hackathon in Vienna

Alex Wang
Congrats! Creating ways for newcomers to feel more welcome and supportive
is awesome!

On Sat, Sep 30, 2017 at 4:16 AM, Isaac Olatunde <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Congratulations to you all.
>
> Greetings from Nigeria.
>
> Regards,
>
> Isaac
>
> On Sep 30, 2017 12:01 PM, "Moheen Reeyad" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Congratulations!
> >
> > --
> > Moheen
> >
> > On Sat, Sep 30, 2017 at 3:06 PM, Nurunnaby Hasive <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> >
> > > Congratulations!
> > >

> > > Hasive
> > > WMBD
> > >
> > > On Thu, Sep 28, 2017 at 8:13 PM, Tanweer Morshed <
> [hidden email]

> Nederland
> > <

> > Mariaplaats
> > > 3

> team
> > Open

> and
> > > various
> > among
> > > Data,

> > > under a
> > ideas
> events,
> and
> > we
> > > events
> > > Hackathon!

> > > program

> > > learnings/

> > > --
> > > *Nurunnaby Chowdhury (Hasive) **:: **নুরুন্নবী চৌধুরী (হাছিব)*
> > > User: Hasive <http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Hasive> |
> > > GSM/WhatsApp/Viber: +8801712754752
> > > ​
> > > Administrator | Bengali Wikipedia <http://bn.wikipedia.org/wiki/
> > > user:Hasive>
> > > Board Member | Wikimedia Bangladesh <http://www.wikimedia.org.bd/>
> > > fb.com/Hasive <http://fb.com/NCHasive> | @nhasive
> > > <http://www.twitter.com/nhasive> | www.nhasive.com

> > *Moheen Reeyad*Author, Editor, Internet activist.
> > @moheenreeyad <https://twitter.com/moheenreeyad> | moheenreeyad.xyz

Alexandra Wang
Program Officer
Community Resources
Wikimedia Foundation <http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Home>
+1 415-839-6885
Skype: alexvwang

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Diversity Award for the mentoring program of the 2017 Wikimedia Hackathon in Vienna

Christophe Henner-3
Congratulations, it is much much deserved! :)

Christophe