[Wikimedia-l] Duty of care

Renée Bagslint
Looking at a couple of situations that have arisen recently on one of the
projects, where the health and well-being of volunteers might have been
affected by their participation, I wonder where we can find a clear
statement of the Foundation's Duty of Care towards the volunteers?  I
looked on Meta, but the search appeared to return only pages relevant to
the Trustees duty towards the Foundation.  I was looking for something
about the Foundation's duty towards the community?  Can anyone help?

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Duty of care

Mathieu Stumpf Guntz
Hi Renée,
<https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Foundation_Board_Handbook>

https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Foundation_Board_Handbook and
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Support_and_Safety might be a start for
your research.

Cheers

Le 27/01/2018 à 13:22, Renée Bagslint a écrit :

> Looking at a couple of situations that have arisen recently on one of the
> projects, where the health and well-being of volunteers might have been
> affected by their participation, I wonder where we can find a clear
> statement of the Foundation's Duty of Care towards the volunteers?  I
> looked on Meta, but the search appeared to return only pages relevant to
> the Trustees duty towards the Foundation.  I was looking for something
> about the Foundation's duty towards the community?  Can anyone help?

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Duty of care

Robert Rohde
Hi Renee,

Not a real answer, but you might consider looking for different
terminology.  Using "duty of care" the way you do is more common in British
English.  On the American side of the pond, it is less common to talk about
a "duty of care" and more common to talk about specific issues, like health
and safety.  I don't know if there is a specific policy regarding the WMF's
relationship with volunteers, but if there is (and if it was drafted by
Americans), then it might well be framed and phrased differently without
necessarily referencing "duty" as such.

Good luck.

-Robert