[Wikimedia-l] Egypt Wikimedians User Group

[Wikimedia-l] Egypt Wikimedians User Group

Carlos M. Colina
Dear all,

It is an honor to announce that the Affiliations Committee has resolved
[1] recognizing the Egypt Wikimedians User Group as a Wikimedia User
Group; their main focus areas are supporting the Wikimedia projects in
Egypt as well as their fellow Egyptian Wikimedians, and becoming
eventually the recognized chapter in the land of the Pharaohs and the
Nile.  Let's welcome the newest member of the family of affiliates -and
the second one from the Arab World!

Regards,
Carlos

1:
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Affiliations_Committee/Resolutions/Egypt_Wikimedians_User_Group_-_July_2014
--
"*Jülüjain wane mmakat* ein kapülain tü alijunakalirua jee wayuukanairua
junain ekerolaa alümüin supüshuwayale etijaanaka. Ayatashi waya junain."

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Egypt Wikimedians User Group

Habib M'henni
Congratulations to the new User Group!

Best wishes

Habib M'henni
Wikimedia TN User Group
http://about.me/habibmhenni
________________________
Envoyé de mon smartphone

Le 28 juil. 2014 à 20:25, "Carlos M. Colina" <[hidden email]> a
écrit :

[...]

Enock Seth Nyamador
Congrats Egypt!

- Enock
On Jul 28, 2014 8:07 PM, "Habib M'henni" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Congratulations to the new User Group!
>
> Best wishes
>
> Habib M'henni
> Wikimedia TN User Group
> http://about.me/habibmhenni
> ________________________
> Envoyé de mon smartphone
>

> Le 28 juil. 2014 à 20:25, "Carlos M. Colina" <[hidden email]> a
> écrit :
>
> Dear all,
>
> It is an honor to announce that the Affiliations Committee has resolved [1]
> recognizing the Egypt Wikimedians User Group as a Wikimedia User Group;
> their main focus areas are supporting the Wikimedia projects in Egypt as
> well as their fellow Egyptian Wikimedians, and becoming eventually the
> recognized chapter in the land of the Pharaohs and the Nile.  Let's welcome
> the newest member of the family of affiliates -and the second one from the
> Arab World!
>

> Regards,
> Carlos
>
> 1:
>
> https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Affiliations_Committee/Resolutions/Egypt_Wikimedians_User_Group_-_July_2014
> --
> "*Jülüjain wane mmakat* ein kapülain tü alijunakalirua jee wayuukanairua
> junain ekerolaa alümüin supüshuwayale etijaanaka. Ayatashi waya junain."
> Carlos M. Colina
> Vicepresidente, A.C. Wikimedia Venezuela | RIF J-40129321-2 |
> www.wikimedia.org.ve <http://wikimedia.org.ve>
> Chair, Wikimedia Foundation Affiliations Committee
> Phone: +972-52-4869915
> Twitter: @maor_x

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Egypt Wikimedians User Group

Pine W
In this week's Signpost we have scheduled a report about Wikipedia in
Education in the Arab World. If the Egyptian user group Wikimedians would
like to have one of their members interviewed for the article then please
email me off-list as soon as possible.

Pine

On Jul 28, 2014 2:24 PM, "Enock Seth Nyamador" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Congrats Egypt!
>
> - Enock
> On Jul 28, 2014 8:07 PM, "Habib M'henni" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Congratulations to the new User Group!
> >
> > Best wishes
> >
> > Habib M'henni
> > Wikimedia TN User Group
> > http://about.me/habibmhenni
> > ________________________
> > Envoyé de mon smartphone
> >

> > Le 28 juil. 2014 à 20:25, "Carlos M. Colina" <[hidden email]> a
> > écrit :
> >
> > Dear all,
> >
> > It is an honor to announce that the Affiliations Committee has resolved
[1]
> > recognizing the Egypt Wikimedians User Group as a Wikimedia User Group;
> > their main focus areas are supporting the Wikimedia projects in Egypt as
> > well as their fellow Egyptian Wikimedians, and becoming eventually the
> > recognized chapter in the land of the Pharaohs and the Nile.  Let's
welcome
> > the newest member of the family of affiliates -and the second one from
the
> > Arab World!
> >

> > Regards,
> > Carlos
> >
> > 1:

https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Affiliations_Committee/Resolutions/Egypt_Wikimedians_User_Group_-_July_2014

> > --
> > "*Jülüjain wane mmakat* ein kapülain tü alijunakalirua jee wayuukanairua
> > junain ekerolaa alümüin supüshuwayale etijaanaka. Ayatashi waya junain."
> > Carlos M. Colina
> > Vicepresidente, A.C. Wikimedia Venezuela | RIF J-40129321-2 |
> > www.wikimedia.org.ve <http://wikimedia.org.ve>
> > Chair, Wikimedia Foundation Affiliations Committee
> > Phone: +972-52-4869915
> > Twitter: @maor_x

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Egypt Wikimedians User Group

Andy Cruz y Corro
Congratulations! May great things come for you

On Mon, Jul 28, 2014 at 4:24 PM, Enock Seth Nyamador <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Congrats Egypt!
>
> - Enock
> On Jul 28, 2014 8:07 PM, "Habib M'henni" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Congratulations to the new User Group!
> >
> > Best wishes
> >
> > Habib M'henni
> > Wikimedia TN User Group
> > http://about.me/habibmhenni
> > ________________________
> > Envoyé de mon smartphone
> >

> > Le 28 juil. 2014 à 20:25, "Carlos M. Colina" <[hidden email]> a
> > écrit :
> >
> > Dear all,
> >
> > It is an honor to announce that the Affiliations Committee has resolved
> [1]
> > recognizing the Egypt Wikimedians User Group as a Wikimedia User Group;
> > their main focus areas are supporting the Wikimedia projects in Egypt as
> > well as their fellow Egyptian Wikimedians, and becoming eventually the
> > recognized chapter in the land of the Pharaohs and the Nile.  Let's
> welcome
> > the newest member of the family of affiliates -and the second one from
> the
> > Arab World!
> >

> > Regards,
> > Carlos
> >
> > 1:
> >

> https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Affiliations_Committee/Resolutions/Egypt_Wikimedians_User_Group_-_July_2014
> > --
> > "*Jülüjain wane mmakat* ein kapülain tü alijunakalirua jee wayuukanairua
> > junain ekerolaa alümüin supüshuwayale etijaanaka. Ayatashi waya junain."
> > Carlos M. Colina
> > Vicepresidente, A.C. Wikimedia Venezuela | RIF J-40129321-2 |
> > www.wikimedia.org.ve <http://wikimedia.org.ve>
> > Chair, Wikimedia Foundation Affiliations Committee
> > Phone: +972-52-4869915
> > Twitter: @maor_x

"Imagina un mundo en donde cada persona del planeta pueda tener acceso
libre a la suma total de todo el conocimiento humano. Eso es lo que estamos
haciendo."—Jimmy Wales <https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jimmy_Wales>.

Socio de Wikimedia México
<https://mx.wikimedia.org/wiki/P%C3%A1gina_principal>.

[image: Andrés C y C on about.me]

Andrés Cruz y Corro
about.me/andycyca
  <http://about.me/andycyca>

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Egypt Wikimedians User Group

Richard Symonds-3
Congratulations from the United Kingdom!
On 28 Jul 2014 22:32, "Andy Cruz y Corro" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Congratulations! May great things come for you
>

> On Mon, Jul 28, 2014 at 4:24 PM, Enock Seth Nyamador <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > Congrats Egypt!
> >
> > - Enock
> > On Jul 28, 2014 8:07 PM, "Habib M'henni" <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > > Congratulations to the new User Group!
> > >
> > > Best wishes
> > >
> > > Habib M'henni
> > > Wikimedia TN User Group
> > > http://about.me/habibmhenni
> > > ________________________
> > > Envoyé de mon smartphone
> > >

> > > Le 28 juil. 2014 à 20:25, "Carlos M. Colina" <[hidden email]>
> > > écrit :
> > >
> > > Dear all,
> > >
> > > It is an honor to announce that the Affiliations Committee has resolved
> > [1]
> > > recognizing the Egypt Wikimedians User Group as a Wikimedia User Group;
> > > their main focus areas are supporting the Wikimedia projects in Egypt
> as
> > > well as their fellow Egyptian Wikimedians, and becoming eventually the
> > > recognized chapter in the land of the Pharaohs and the Nile.  Let's
> > welcome
> > > the newest member of the family of affiliates -and the second one from
> > the
> > > Arab World!
> > >

> > > Regards,
> > > Carlos
> > >
> > > 1:
> > >

> https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Affiliations_Committee/Resolutions/Egypt_Wikimedians_User_Group_-_July_2014
> > > --
> > > "*Jülüjain wane mmakat* ein kapülain tü alijunakalirua jee
> wayuukanairua
> > > junain ekerolaa alümüin supüshuwayale etijaanaka. Ayatashi waya
> junain."
> > > Carlos M. Colina
> > > Vicepresidente, A.C. Wikimedia Venezuela | RIF J-40129321-2 |
> > > www.wikimedia.org.ve <http://wikimedia.org.ve>
> > > Chair, Wikimedia Foundation Affiliations Committee
> > > Phone: +972-52-4869915
> > > Twitter: @maor_x

> "Imagina un mundo en donde cada persona del planeta pueda tener acceso
> libre a la suma total de todo el conocimiento humano. Eso es lo que estamos
> haciendo."—Jimmy Wales <https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jimmy_Wales>.
>
> Socio de Wikimedia México
> <https://mx.wikimedia.org/wiki/P%C3%A1gina_principal>.
>

> [image: Andrés C y C on about.me]
>
> Andrés Cruz y Corro
> about.me/andycyca
>   <http://about.me/andycyca>

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Egypt Wikimedians User Group

Lodewijk
Welcome Egypt! :)

:

> Congratulations from the United Kingdom!
> On 28 Jul 2014 22:32, "Andy Cruz y Corro" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Congratulations! May great things come for you
> >

> > On Mon, Jul 28, 2014 at 4:24 PM, Enock Seth Nyamador <
> [hidden email]>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > Congrats Egypt!
> > >
> > > - Enock

> resolved
> > > [1]
> Group;
> > as
> the
> > > welcome
> from
> > > the

> https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Affiliations_Committee/Resolutions/Egypt_Wikimedians_User_Group_-_July_2014
> > wayuukanairua
> > junain."

> > "Imagina un mundo en donde cada persona del planeta pueda tener acceso
> > libre a la suma total de todo el conocimiento humano. Eso es lo que
> estamos
> > haciendo."—Jimmy Wales <https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jimmy_Wales>.
> >
> > Socio de Wikimedia México
> > <https://mx.wikimedia.org/wiki/P%C3%A1gina_principal>.
> >

> > [image: Andrés C y C on about.me]
> >
> > Andrés Cruz y Corro
> > about.me/andycyca
> >   <http://about.me/andycyca>

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Egypt Wikimedians User Group

Mohamed Ibrahim
Great milestone, keep it up guys and good luck!
On Jul 28, 2014 10:25 PM, "Carlos M. Colina" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> It is an honor to announce that the Affiliations Committee has resolved
> [1] recognizing the Egypt Wikimedians User Group as a Wikimedia User Group;
> their main focus areas are supporting the Wikimedia projects in Egypt as
> well as their fellow Egyptian Wikimedians, and becoming eventually the
> recognized chapter in the land of the Pharaohs and the Nile.  Let's welcome
> the newest member of the family of affiliates -and the second one from the
> Arab World!
>

> Regards,
> Carlos
>
> 1: https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Affiliations_Committee/
> Resolutions/Egypt_Wikimedians_User_Group_-_July_2014
> --
> "*Jülüjain wane mmakat* ein kapülain tü alijunakalirua jee wayuukanairua
> junain ekerolaa alümüin supüshuwayale etijaanaka. Ayatashi waya junain."
> Carlos M. Colina
> Vicepresidente, A.C. Wikimedia Venezuela | RIF J-40129321-2 |
> www.wikimedia.org.ve <http://wikimedia.org.ve>
> Chair, Wikimedia Foundation Affiliations Committee
> Phone: +972-52-4869915
> Twitter: @maor_x

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Egypt Wikimedians User Group

Rodrigo Padula-2
Congratulations to all members of the new user group!

Best regards!

Rodrigo Padula
Brazil

> Dear all,
>
> It is an honor to announce that the Affiliations Committee has resolved
> [1] recognizing the Egypt Wikimedians User Group as a Wikimedia User Group;
> their main focus areas are supporting the Wikimedia projects in Egypt as
> well as their fellow Egyptian Wikimedians, and becoming eventually the
> recognized chapter in the land of the Pharaohs and the Nile.  Let's welcome
> the newest member of the family of affiliates -and the second one from the
> Arab World!
>

> Regards,
> Carlos
>
> 1: https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Affiliations_Committee/
> Resolutions/Egypt_Wikimedians_User_Group_-_July_2014
> --
> "*Jülüjain wane mmakat* ein kapülain tü alijunakalirua jee wayuukanairua
> junain ekerolaa alümüin supüshuwayale etijaanaka. Ayatashi waya junain."
> Carlos M. Colina
> Vicepresidente, A.C. Wikimedia Venezuela | RIF J-40129321-2 |
> www.wikimedia.org.ve <http://wikimedia.org.ve>
> Chair, Wikimedia Foundation Affiliations Committee
> Phone: +972-52-4869915
> Twitter: @maor_x

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Egypt Wikimedians User Group

Ivan Martínez
Welcome Egypt!

> Congratulations to all members of the new user group!
>
> Best regards!
>
> Rodrigo Padula
> Brazil

> > Dear all,
> >
> > It is an honor to announce that the Affiliations Committee has resolved
> > [1] recognizing the Egypt Wikimedians User Group as a Wikimedia User
> Group;
> > their main focus areas are supporting the Wikimedia projects in Egypt as
> > well as their fellow Egyptian Wikimedians, and becoming eventually the
> > recognized chapter in the land of the Pharaohs and the Nile.  Let's
> welcome
> > the newest member of the family of affiliates -and the second one from
> the
> > Arab World!
> >

> > Regards,
> > Carlos
> >
> > 1: https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Affiliations_Committee/
> > Resolutions/Egypt_Wikimedians_User_Group_-_July_2014
> > --
> > "*Jülüjain wane mmakat* ein kapülain tü alijunakalirua jee wayuukanairua
> > junain ekerolaa alümüin supüshuwayale etijaanaka. Ayatashi waya junain."
> > Carlos M. Colina
> > Vicepresidente, A.C. Wikimedia Venezuela | RIF J-40129321-2 |
> > www.wikimedia.org.ve <http://wikimedia.org.ve>
> > Chair, Wikimedia Foundation Affiliations Committee
> > Phone: +972-52-4869915
> > Twitter: @maor_x

*Atentamente:Iván MartínezPresidenteWikimedia México A.C.wikimedia.mx
<http://wikimedia.mx>Imagina un mundo en donde cada persona del planeta
pueda tener acceso libre a la suma total del conocimiento humano. Eso es lo
que estamos haciendo <http://es.wikipedia.org>. *

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Egypt Wikimedians User Group

Srikanth Ramakrishnan-3
Congrats all.
Welcome Egypt.
:)
On Jul 29, 2014 9:59 PM, "Ivan Martínez" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Welcome Egypt!

> > Congratulations to all members of the new user group!
> >
> > Best regards!
> >
> > Rodrigo Padula
> > Brazil

> > > Dear all,
> > >
> > > It is an honor to announce that the Affiliations Committee has resolved
> > > [1] recognizing the Egypt Wikimedians User Group as a Wikimedia User
> > Group;
> > > their main focus areas are supporting the Wikimedia projects in Egypt
> as
> > > well as their fellow Egyptian Wikimedians, and becoming eventually the
> > > recognized chapter in the land of the Pharaohs and the Nile.  Let's
> > welcome
> > > the newest member of the family of affiliates -and the second one from
> > the
> > > Arab World!
> > >

> > > Regards,
> > > Carlos
> > >
> > > 1: https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Affiliations_Committee/
> > > Resolutions/Egypt_Wikimedians_User_Group_-_July_2014
> > > --
> > > "*Jülüjain wane mmakat* ein kapülain tü alijunakalirua jee
> wayuukanairua
> > > junain ekerolaa alümüin supüshuwayale etijaanaka. Ayatashi waya
> junain."
> > > Carlos M. Colina
> > > Vicepresidente, A.C. Wikimedia Venezuela | RIF J-40129321-2 |
> > > www.wikimedia.org.ve <http://wikimedia.org.ve>
> > > Chair, Wikimedia Foundation Affiliations Committee
> > > Phone: +972-52-4869915
> > > Twitter: @maor_x

> *Atentamente:Iván MartínezPresidenteWikimedia México A.C.wikimedia.mx
> <http://wikimedia.mx>Imagina un mundo en donde cada persona del planeta
> pueda tener acceso libre a la suma total del conocimiento humano. Eso es lo
> que estamos haciendo <http://es.wikipedia.org>. *

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Egypt Wikimedians User Group

Nurunnaby Chowdhury Hasive
Congratulation & welcome.

--
Nurunnaby Chowdhury | @nhasive
Administrator, Bengali Wikipedia

On Tuesday, July 29, 2014, Srikanth Ramakrishnan <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Congrats all.
> Welcome Egypt.
> :)
> On Jul 29, 2014 9:59 PM, "Ivan Martínez" <[hidden email] <javascript:;>>
> wrote:
>
> > Welcome Egypt!

> <javascript:;>>:
> >
> > > Congratulations to all members of the new user group!
> > >
> > > Best regards!
> > >
> > > Rodrigo Padula
> > > Brazil

> resolved
> > > Group;
> > as
> the
> > > welcome
> from
> > > the

> > wayuukanairua
> > junain."

> > *Atentamente:Iván MartínezPresidenteWikimedia México A.C.wikimedia.mx
> > <http://wikimedia.mx>Imagina un mundo en donde cada persona del planeta
> > pueda tener acceso libre a la suma total del conocimiento humano. Eso es
> lo
> > que estamos haciendo <http://es.wikipedia.org>. *

Nurunnaby Chowdhury Hasive
Sent from My iPhone

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Egypt Wikimedians User Group

Subhashish Panigrahi-4
Congratulations everyone!

Best!
Subha

> On 30-Jul-2014, at 1:58 pm, Nurunnaby Chowdhury <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Congratulation & welcome.
>
> --
> Nurunnaby Chowdhury | @nhasive
> Administrator, Bengali Wikipedia
> Member, IEG, WMF
>
> On Tuesday, July 29, 2014, Srikanth Ramakrishnan <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
>> Congrats all.
>> Welcome Egypt.
>> :)
>> On Jul 29, 2014 9:59 PM, "Ivan Martínez" <[hidden email] <javascript:;>>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Welcome Egypt!

>> resolved
>>> as
>> the
>> from

>>> wayuukanairua
>>> junain."
>>>

>>> --
>>>

>>> *Atentamente:Iván MartínezPresidenteWikimedia México A.C.wikimedia.mx
>>> <http://wikimedia.mx>Imagina un mundo en donde cada persona del planeta
>>> pueda tener acceso libre a la suma total del conocimiento humano. Eso es
>> lo
>>> que estamos haciendo <http://es.wikipedia.org>. *

> Nurunnaby Chowdhury Hasive
> Sent from My iPhone

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Egypt Wikimedians User Group

Patricio Lorente
Congrats Wikimedians from Egypt!

                                        Patricio

> Congratulations everyone!
>
> Best!
> Subha
>
> > On 30-Jul-2014, at 1:58 pm, Nurunnaby Chowdhury <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Congratulation & welcome.
> >
> > --
> > Nurunnaby Chowdhury | @nhasive
> > Administrator, Bengali Wikipedia
> > Member, IEG, WMF
> >
> > On Tuesday, July 29, 2014, Srikanth Ramakrishnan <[hidden email]
> >
> > wrote:
> >
> >> Congrats all.
> >> Welcome Egypt.
> >> :)
> >> On Jul 29, 2014 9:59 PM, "Ivan Martínez" <[hidden email]
> <javascript:;>>

> >> resolved
> >> the
> >> from

> planeta
> es
> >> lo

> > Nurunnaby Chowdhury Hasive
> > Sent from My iPhone

Patricio Lorente
Blog: http://www.patriciolorente.com.ar
Identi.ca // Twitter: @patriciolorente

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Egypt Wikimedians User Group

Samir Ibrahim
Thanks for your delicate words everyone and thanks a million to Carlos for his support.

I hope we can serve and support the Wiki community and the wiki movement everywhere, especially in Egypt.

Samir,
Member and co-founder of Egypt Wikimedians user group.

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Egypt Wikimedians User Group

Balázs Viczián
Let me join the line: Congrats, keep up the good work :)

Balazs from WMHU

> Thanks for your delicate words everyone and thanks a million to Carlos for
> his support.
>
> I hope we can serve and support the Wiki community and the wiki movement
> everywhere, especially in Egypt.
>
> Samir,
> Member and co-founder of Egypt Wikimedians user group.

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Egypt Wikimedians User Group

Tanweer Morshed
Heartiest congratulaions to the Egypt User Group!! Wishing the
Egyptians all the best for the upcoming days. Would like to see you as
a chapter in the near future!

Regards,
Tanweer Morshed
Board member, Wikimedia Bangladesh

--
Regards -
Tanweer Morshed

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Egypt Wikimedians User Group

Pine W
Thanks to the Egyptian Wikipedians for their swift responses to Signpost
inquiries, this week's Signpost Education Report will include a focused
discussion about Egypt, in addition to the planned report about the
Education Program in the broader Arab world.

For those who haven't been following the series [1], we have covered the
United States and Canada, Serbia, and Israel in previous weeks. This week
we are in Egypt and the Arab World. Next week we will visit Mexico, which
is the country that will host the 2015 Wikimania. Our final article will
include a broad view of the program with WMF including discussions about
the program's future. Early access to the WMF article will be made
available on the Education mailing list for the benefit of London Wikimania
participants in the Education Program.

Pine

[1] First report was
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Wikipedia_Signpost/2014-07-09/Wikimedia_in_education
and others are linked from there.

On Fri, Aug 1, 2014 at 12:23 PM, Tanweer Morshed <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Heartiest congratulaions to the Egypt User Group!! Wishing the
> Egyptians all the best for the upcoming days. Would like to see you as
> a chapter in the near future!
>
> Regards,
> Tanweer Morshed
> Board member, Wikimedia Bangladesh
>
> --
> Regards -
> Tanweer Morshed

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Egypt Wikimedians User Group

keilanawiki@gmail.com
!!مبروك يا مصريون