[Wikimedia-l] [FDC] Call for nominations for appointments to the Funds Dissemination Committee - 2016
As foreseen by the FDC Framework, the mandate of current appointed
members to the Funds Dissemination Committee (FDC) comes to an end, after
two years of service. Four of them have terms that are ending, and we are
therefore looking to appoint 4 members by September 2016.
We are looking for good volunteer candidates across our communities and
beyond to join the FDC. The next round of proposals will be submitted on
Oct 1, 2016, and the FDC will meet face-to-face to deliberate on them in
November 2016 .
Any information you might need about the FDC and this process is on this
but here are a few things you might want to consider:
== Why you'd want to volunteer with the FDC ==
* You will be reviewing annual plans and budgets of Wikimedia affiliate
organisations and making recommendations about the effective spending of
more than US$5 million dollars, shaping the direction of impact of a
significant portion of our movement's financial resources.
* You will apply your analytic skills and experience in assessing programs,
financial plans and strategic plans to support Wikimedia related work.
* You will gain valuable experience in grant-making, project evaluation,
and planning on a global and multi-cultural level.
* You will be working in collaboration with 8 other great and dedicated
individuals from across the movement, to reach consensus and make high
== Why you might not want to volunteer with the FDC ==
* The FDC will commit to, and enforce, a high standard of participation,
and you may not be ready to seriously commit to a high level of
participation (two in person events per year, traditionally one in San
Francisco, the other one in Europe, as well as several weeks of intensive
proposal review, calls, preparation etc.) for two years.
* The FDC's work will be conducted in English, and even with maximal
support and summarization from staff, you will be required to read a lot of
text in English, and to make your contributions in English.
* You don't meet the membership criteria, or you're confident other
candidates are better qualified or positioned to serve on the committee, in
which case, please refer them to this announcement!
If you are interested in serving on the FDC, please add your name to the
nominations page before July 10 2016 at 23.59 UTC.: