[Wikimedia-l] FDC appointments

Dariusz Jemielniak-3
Dear Wikimedians,

We are pleased to inform you that the WMF Board of Trustees has come to a
decision about which four candidates to appoint to the FDC for the next 2
years. It wasn't easy, as the caliber of candidates[*] was extremely high,
and their range of skills and expertise extremely impressive.

The resolution is now published in
https://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Resolution:Funds_Dissemination_Committee_Membership_2016

We have selected four appointees as follows:

1) Garfield Byrd (User:Gtbiv)
2) Anne Clin (User:Risker)
3) Bishakha Datta (User:Bishdatta)
4) Candelaria Laspeñas (User:Cande_laspe)

On behalf of the Board, we want to thank Dumisani, Matanya and Osmar for
their service to the FDC. We deeply appreciate the years they have served
the committee and all the work they have done during many rounds of FDC
recommendations. Their insights, perspectives and experiences have been
invaluable to the work of the committee, and have gone a long way in
shaping the development of the APG process into a successful and important
part of grant-making in the Wikimedia world.

We hope they will continue to remain engaged in the movement in different
ways in the years ahead.

We also want to thank all the candidates that participated in this round of
nominations, and encourage them to consider re-applying for the committee
next year, when new members will be elected to serve on the committee.

Best,

Dariusz & Guy

Re: [Wikimedia-l] FDC appointments

Itzik - Wikimedia Israel
Welcome friends! I'm so exited and happy that you join our committee!

Can't wait to our first FDC deliberation together in a few months.

- Sent from mobile

On Sep 2, 2016 19:55, "Dariusz Jemielniak" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Dear Wikimedians,
>
> We are pleased to inform you that the WMF Board of Trustees has come to a
> decision about which four candidates to appoint to the FDC for the next 2
> years. It wasn't easy, as the caliber of candidates[*] was extremely high,
> and their range of skills and expertise extremely impressive.
>
> The resolution is now published in
> https://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Resolution:Funds_
> Dissemination_Committee_Membership_2016
>
> We have selected four appointees as follows:
>
> 1) Garfield Byrd (User:Gtbiv)
> 2) Anne Clin (User:Risker)
> 3) Bishakha Datta (User:Bishdatta)
> 4) Candelaria Laspeñas (User:Cande_laspe)
>
> On behalf of the Board, we want to thank Dumisani, Matanya and Osmar for
> their service to the FDC. We deeply appreciate the years they have served
> the committee and all the work they have done during many rounds of FDC
> recommendations. Their insights, perspectives and experiences have been
> invaluable to the work of the committee, and have gone a long way in
> shaping the development of the APG process into a successful and important
> part of grant-making in the Wikimedia world.
>
> We hope they will continue to remain engaged in the movement in different
> ways in the years ahead.
>
> We also want to thank all the candidates that participated in this round of
> nominations, and encourage them to consider re-applying for the committee
> next year, when new members will be elected to serve on the committee.
>
> Best,
>
> Dariusz & Guy

Re: [Wikimedia-l] FDC appointments

Sydney Poore
Congratulations, Garfield, Anne, Bishakha, and Candelaria.

And a big thank you to  Dumisani, Matanya and Osmar for work that you
did evaluating the grants proposals,  and also making the FDC be a
well functioning committee.
Warm regards,
Sydney
Sydney Poore
User:FloNight

WikiConference North America https://wikiconference.org/wiki/2016/Main_Page

Facebook https://www.facebook.com/sydney.e.poore

On Fri, Sep 2, 2016 at 12:54 PM, Dariusz Jemielniak <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Dear Wikimedians,
>
> We are pleased to inform you that the WMF Board of Trustees has come to a
> decision about which four candidates to appoint to the FDC for the next 2
> years. It wasn't easy, as the caliber of candidates[*] was extremely high,
> and their range of skills and expertise extremely impressive.
>
> The resolution is now published in
> https://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Resolution:Funds_Dissemination_Committee_Membership_2016
>
> We have selected four appointees as follows:
>
> 1) Garfield Byrd (User:Gtbiv)
> 2) Anne Clin (User:Risker)
> 3) Bishakha Datta (User:Bishdatta)
> 4) Candelaria Laspeñas (User:Cande_laspe)
>
> On behalf of the Board, we want to thank Dumisani, Matanya and Osmar for
> their service to the FDC. We deeply appreciate the years they have served
> the committee and all the work they have done during many rounds of FDC
> recommendations. Their insights, perspectives and experiences have been
> invaluable to the work of the committee, and have gone a long way in
> shaping the development of the APG process into a successful and important
> part of grant-making in the Wikimedia world.
>
> We hope they will continue to remain engaged in the movement in different
> ways in the years ahead.
>
> We also want to thank all the candidates that participated in this round of
> nominations, and encourage them to consider re-applying for the committee
> next year, when new members will be elected to serve on the committee.
>
> Best,
>
> Dariusz & Guy

Re: [Wikimedia-l] FDC appointments

Pierre-Selim
I'm really happy to see this appointement process ending in a very good
selection \o/
And as a lot of people I'm happy to see quality people coming back \o/

Pierre-Selim