[Wikimedia-l] Farewell <3

Anna Koval
Dear friends,

During the past three years, I have been privileged to be a part of this
movement and this organization.

I have been honored to be your colleague and to work with you in service of
the sum of all knowledge.

In particular, I wish to note particular projects that have inspired me
very much.

   - Working with Philippe Beautdette, Maggie Dennis, James Alexander, and
   Jan Eisfeldt to keep our community safe from threats of harm. [1]
   - Working with Patrick Earley, Nick Wilson, Erica Litrenta, Sherry
   Snyder, Oliver Keyes, and James Forester on the rollout of VisualEditor. [2]
   - Working with Yana Welinder and Heather Walls to design a user-friendly
   trademark policy. [3] [4]
   - Working with Siko Bouterse to support Individual Engagement Grants and
   movement diversity. [5] [6]
   - Working with Jake Orlowitz to promote the Wikipedia Library and the
   Wikipedia Adventure. [7] [8]
   - Working with Jaime Anstee, Edward Galvez, Amanda Bittaker to encourage
   evaluation and learning. [9]
   - Working with Asaf Bartov to encourage regional cooperation in Central
   and Eastern Europe. [10]
   - Working with Floor Koudijs. Tighe Flanagan, Kacie Harold, Samir
   Elsharbaty, Rodney Dunican, Sage Ross, Jami Mathewson, and LiAnna Davis on
   the Wikipedia Education Program. [11]

The Wikipedia Education Program is especially near and dear to my heart. It
is a means of educating readers, recruiting contributors, and creating
quality content. Since 2014, the number of education initiatives around the
world has increased by 36%. [12] [13] And 25% of all education programs are
in one of the regions that I directly supported. [14] I am so proud of what
they have accomplished. And I am enthusiastic about what great things they
have yet to achieve.

I want to thank and compliment my current manager, Floor Koudijs. She is a
competent, considerate, conscientious leader, and her diplomacy skills are
unsurpassed. I am confident that the education team and the education
program will continue to excel under her leadership. They are in the best
hands.

I want to thank and compliment my hiring manager, Maggie Dennis. She had
faith that, although I wasn’t an active community member, I could be taught
to be a good community advocate. I am so proud that I proved her right. She
taught me how to work in accordance with and to have the utmost respect for
the wiki way. [15]

Wikipedia is a miracle, a monument to altruism. It is vital to the internet
ecosystem, and it is vital to the education system. I hope that more young
people especially will find their way to it and help out. And when they do,
I hope that they are met with wise mentorship from veteran community
members, just as I was.

I intend to remain a Wikipedian even after I am no longer a WMF staff
member. And, with that promise, I’ll see you on the wikis. [16]

All the best,
Anna Koval, M.Ed.

[1] https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Threats_of_harm
[2] https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/VisualEditor
[3] https://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Trademark_policy
[4]
http://blog.wikimedia.org/2013/10/29/designing-a-user-friendly-trademark-policy/
[5] https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Grants:IEG
[6] https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Diversity_Conference
[7] https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/The_Wikipedia_Library
[8] https://outreach.wikimedia.org/wiki/The_Wikipedia_Adventure
[9] https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Grants:Evaluation
[10] https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Central_and_Eastern_Europe
[11] https://outreach.wikimedia.org/wiki/Education
[12]
https://outreach.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Education/Countries&oldid=70367
[13] https://outreach.wikimedia.org/wiki/Education/Countries
[14]
https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=File%3ACEE_2015_State_of_the_CEE_Movement_Presentation.pdf&page=28
[15] https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/The_wiki_way
[16] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Msannakoval

--

Anna Koval, M.Ed.
Manager, Wikipedia Education Program

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Farewell <3

Pine W
Anna, I will miss you! Your encouragement meant a lot to me. I hope that
you will keep in touch.

Regards and best wishes for your next steps,
Pine

On Tue, Feb 9, 2016 at 9:49 AM, Anna Koval <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]
> hands.
>
> I want to thank and compliment my hiring manager, Maggie Dennis. She had
> faith that, although I wasn’t an active community member, I could be taught
> to be a good community advocate. I am so proud that I proved her right. She
> taught me how to work in accordance with and to have the utmost respect for
> the wiki way. [15]
>
> Wikipedia is a miracle, a monument to altruism. It is vital to the internet
> ecosystem, and it is vital to the education system. I hope that more young
> people especially will find their way to it and help out. And when they do,
> I hope that they are met with wise mentorship from veteran community
> members, just as I was.
>
> I intend to remain a Wikipedian even after I am no longer a WMF staff
> member. And, with that promise, I’ll see you on the wikis. [16]

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Farewell <3

Tito Dutta
Thanks for all your works. All the best.

On 9 February 2016 at 23:19, Anna Koval <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]
> hands.
>
> I want to thank and compliment my hiring manager, Maggie Dennis. She had
> faith that, although I wasn’t an active community member, I could be taught
> to be a good community advocate. I am so proud that I proved her right. She
> taught me how to work in accordance with and to have the utmost respect for
> the wiki way. [15]
>
> Wikipedia is a miracle, a monument to altruism. It is vital to the internet
> ecosystem, and it is vital to the education system. I hope that more young
> people especially will find their way to it and help out. And when they do,
> I hope that they are met with wise mentorship from veteran community
> members, just as I was.
>
> I intend to remain a Wikipedian even after I am no longer a WMF staff
> member. And, with that promise, I’ll see you on the wikis. [16]

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Farewell <3

attolippip
<3 <3 <3
may you fare well
it was pleasure working together...
you have inspired me a lot
and I am thankful for all your work

see you <3

warm regards,
antanana
Wikimedia Ukraine

> [...]
> hands.
>
> I want to thank and compliment my hiring manager, Maggie Dennis. She had
> faith that, although I wasn’t an active community member, I could be taught
> to be a good community advocate. I am so proud that I proved her right. She
> taught me how to work in accordance with and to have the utmost respect for
> the wiki way. [15]
>
> Wikipedia is a miracle, a monument to altruism. It is vital to the internet
> ecosystem, and it is vital to the education system. I hope that more young
> people especially will find their way to it and help out. And when they do,
> I hope that they are met with wise mentorship from veteran community
> members, just as I was.
>
> I intend to remain a Wikipedian even after I am no longer a WMF staff
> member. And, with that promise, I’ll see you on the wikis. [16]

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Farewell <3

Steinsplitter Wiki
Anna, I will miss you! Thanks for all your excellent work. I always appreciated it. It was a pleasure to work edit you together at outreachwiki.

I hope you will edit as volunteer :-)

--Steinsplitter

> [...]
> hands.
>
> I want to thank and compliment my hiring manager, Maggie Dennis. She had
> faith that, although I wasn’t an active community member, I could be taught
> to be a good community advocate. I am so proud that I proved her right. She
> taught me how to work in accordance with and to have the utmost respect for
> the wiki way. [15]
>
> Wikipedia is a miracle, a monument to altruism. It is vital to the internet
> ecosystem, and it is vital to the education system. I hope that more young
> people especially will find their way to it and help out. And when they do,
> I hope that they are met with wise mentorship from veteran community
> members, just as I was.
>
> I intend to remain a Wikipedian even after I am no longer a WMF staff
> member. And, with that promise, I’ll see you on the wikis. [16]

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Farewell <3

Felix Nartey
You were a great personality to relate to, loved every bit of our chat and
hope our roads cross again.

Farewell and the best of lock in your next endeavor.

Best regards,
Felix

On Tue, Feb 9, 2016 at 5:58 PM, attolippip <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]
> taught
> > to be a good community advocate. I am so proud that I proved her right.
> She
> > taught me how to work in accordance with and to have the utmost respect
> for
> > the wiki way. [15]
> >
> > Wikipedia is a miracle, a monument to altruism. It is vital to the
> internet
> > ecosystem, and it is vital to the education system. I hope that more
> young
> > people especially will find their way to it and help out. And when they
> do,
> > I hope that they are met with wise mentorship from veteran community
> > members, just as I was.
> >
> > I intend to remain a Wikipedian even after I am no longer a WMF staff
> > member. And, with that promise, I’ll see you on the wikis. [16]

*Felix Nartey | DSE CAL Bank Ltd. | Co-manager GBG TEMA
<https://plus.google.com/u/0/106882654487622047846/posts> **| Community
Manager WMGH <http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Ghana> | About me
<http://about.me/felix.nartey> | +233 242 844987 **| **Check out!!
<http://goo.gl/4oHJeQ>*

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Farewell <3

Sydney Poore
Thank you for your dedication to the wikimedia movement for the past 3
years.

Best wishes for your next endeavor.
Warm regards,
Sydney
On Feb 9, 2016 1:18 PM, "Felix Nartey" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]
> > > [11] https://outreach.wikimedia.org/wiki/Education
> > > [12]
> > >

> https://outreach.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Education/Countries&oldid=70367
> > > [13] https://outreach.wikimedia.org/wiki/Education/Countries
> > > [14]
> > >

> https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=File%3ACEE_2015_State_of_the_CEE_Movement_Presentation.pdf&page=28
> > > [15] https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/The_wiki_way
> > > [16] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Msannakoval
> > >
> > > --
> > >
> > > Anna Koval, M.Ed.
> > > Manager, Wikipedia Education Program
> > > Wikimedia Foundation
> > > +1.415.839.6885 x 6729
> > > Skype: annakoval.wiki
> > > [hidden email]
> > > education.wikimedia.org

> *Felix Nartey | DSE CAL Bank Ltd. | Co-manager GBG TEMA

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Farewell <3

Philippe Beaudette-4
Anna, I'll never forget you walking up to me at a journalism conference and
asking for a job.

Then I'll never forget harassing you into taking it, when you had a better
offer somewhere else.

I'm glad you did; your expertise added much to the WMF, and I know you will
be greatly missed.  However, I know that teaching was near and dear to your
heart... as you know, I told you once to follow your bliss, even if it
meant leaving the CA team, and I say the same to you now.  The Wikimedia
movement will be greater for having you around generally.

Best,
pb

On Tue, Feb 9, 2016 at 10:09 AM, Steinsplitter Wiki <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]
> taught
> > to be a good community advocate. I am so proud that I proved her right.
> She
> > taught me how to work in accordance with and to have the utmost respect
> for
> > the wiki way. [15]
> >
> > Wikipedia is a miracle, a monument to altruism. It is vital to the
> internet
> > ecosystem, and it is vital to the education system. I hope that more
> young
> > people especially will find their way to it and help out. And when they
> do,
> > I hope that they are met with wise mentorship from veteran community
> > members, just as I was.
> >
> > I intend to remain a Wikipedian even after I am no longer a WMF staff
> > member. And, with that promise, I’ll see you on the wikis. [16]

Philippe Beaudette

[hidden email]
415-275-1424

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Farewell <3

Anna Torres-2
Dear Anna!

You will be missed! Hope ypu the best in life!

Anything you need, please here I am!

Hugs
El feb 9, 2016 3:24 PM, "Philippe Beaudette" <[hidden email]>
escribió:

> [...]
> > taught
> > > to be a good community advocate. I am so proud that I proved her right.
> > She
> > > taught me how to work in accordance with and to have the utmost respect
> > for
> > > the wiki way. [15]
> > >
> > > Wikipedia is a miracle, a monument to altruism. It is vital to the
> > internet
> > > ecosystem, and it is vital to the education system. I hope that more
> > young
> > > people especially will find their way to it and help out. And when they
> > do,
> > > I hope that they are met with wise mentorship from veteran community
> > > members, just as I was.
> > >
> > > I intend to remain a Wikipedian even after I am no longer a WMF staff
> > > member. And, with that promise, I’ll see you on the wikis. [16]

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Farewell <3

Habib M'henni
Dear Anna,

Thanks for all you did! I will miss your kind encouragements and helpful advises.
Which the best for you <3

Habib

Le 9 février 2016 18:49:18 CET, Anna Koval <[hidden email]> a écrit :

> [...]
>taught
>to be a good community advocate. I am so proud that I proved her right.
>She
>taught me how to work in accordance with and to have the utmost respect
>for
>the wiki way. [15]
>
>Wikipedia is a miracle, a monument to altruism. It is vital to the
>internet
>ecosystem, and it is vital to the education system. I hope that more
>young
>people especially will find their way to it and help out. And when they
>do,
>I hope that they are met with wise mentorship from veteran community
>members, just as I was.
>
>I intend to remain a Wikipedian even after I am no longer a WMF staff
>member. And, with that promise, I’ll see you on the wikis. [16]

Habib M'henni
Ingénieur civil et technologue à l'Iset de Nabeul
Membre fondateur de CLibre et Wikimedia TN User Group
http://about.me/habibmhenni

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Farewell <3

Addis Wang
Dear Anna,

There are too many to say.

Farewell Anna.

Best,
Addis Wang

On Tue, Feb 9, 2016 at 1:46 PM, Habib M'henni <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> [...]
> >[12]
> >
> https://outreach.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Education/Countries&oldid=70367
> >[13] https://outreach.wikimedia.org/wiki/Education/Countries
> >[14]
> >
> https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=File%3ACEE_2015_State_of_the_CEE_Movement_Presentation.pdf&page=28
> >[15] https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/The_wiki_way
> >[16] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Msannakoval
> >
> >--
> >
> >Anna Koval, M.Ed.
> >Manager, Wikipedia Education Program
> >Wikimedia Foundation
> >+1.415.839.6885 x 6729
> >Skype: annakoval.wiki
> >[hidden email]
> >education.wikimedia.org

> Habib M'henni
> Ingénieur civil et technologue à l'Iset de Nabeul
> Membre fondateur de CLibre et Wikimedia TN User Group

Addis

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Farewell <3

Aude-2
:(  sorry to see you go, but wish you the best.

It was always nice to see you at Wikimania and other events.

Thank you so much for all you have done in the past years!

Cheers,
Katie

On Tue, Feb 9, 2016 at 6:49 PM, Anna Koval <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]
> hands.
>
> I want to thank and compliment my hiring manager, Maggie Dennis. She had
> faith that, although I wasn’t an active community member, I could be taught
> to be a good community advocate. I am so proud that I proved her right. She
> taught me how to work in accordance with and to have the utmost respect for
> the wiki way. [15]
>
> Wikipedia is a miracle, a monument to altruism. It is vital to the internet
> ecosystem, and it is vital to the education system. I hope that more young
> people especially will find their way to it and help out. And when they do,
> I hope that they are met with wise mentorship from veteran community
> members, just as I was.
>
> I intend to remain a Wikipedian even after I am no longer a WMF staff
> member. And, with that promise, I’ll see you on the wikis. [16]

@wikimediadc / @wikidata

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Farewell <3

Vira Motorko
Thank you, Anna, for whom you become for me and for us!

Where are you going next? :)

*--*
*Vira Motorko*
project manager, Wikimedia Ukraine <https://ua.wikimedia.org/>
+380667740499

Are you saving your documents in free formats? ;)
Help save natural resources – please think twice before printing this
e-mail or any attachments.

> [...]
> hands.
>
> I want to thank and compliment my hiring manager, Maggie Dennis. She had
> faith that, although I wasn’t an active community member, I could be taught
> to be a good community advocate. I am so proud that I proved her right. She
> taught me how to work in accordance with and to have the utmost respect for
> the wiki way. [15]
>
> Wikipedia is a miracle, a monument to altruism. It is vital to the internet
> ecosystem, and it is vital to the education system. I hope that more young
> people especially will find their way to it and help out. And when they do,
> I hope that they are met with wise mentorship from veteran community
> members, just as I was.
>
> I intend to remain a Wikipedian even after I am no longer a WMF staff
> member. And, with that promise, I’ll see you on the wikis. [16]

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Farewell <3

Ziko van Dijk-3
Dear Anna,
Thank you for your work, I enjoyed seeing some of it in Mexico. All
the best for the future!
Kind regards
Ziko

> [...]
>> hands.
>>
>> I want to thank and compliment my hiring manager, Maggie Dennis. She had
>> faith that, although I wasn’t an active community member, I could be taught
>> to be a good community advocate. I am so proud that I proved her right. She
>> taught me how to work in accordance with and to have the utmost respect for
>> the wiki way. [15]
>>
>> Wikipedia is a miracle, a monument to altruism. It is vital to the internet
>> ecosystem, and it is vital to the education system. I hope that more young
>> people especially will find their way to it and help out. And when they do,
>> I hope that they are met with wise mentorship from veteran community
>> members, just as I was.
>>
>> I intend to remain a Wikipedian even after I am no longer a WMF staff
>> member. And, with that promise, I’ll see you on the wikis. [16]

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Farewell <3

Bohdan Melnychuk
Your presence was one of few really good things I could remember about WMF. I hope you indeed stay an active volunteer wiki(p|m)edian and we can collaborate again. It was a pleasure :)
--Base

> [...]
> hands.
>
> I want to thank and compliment my hiring manager, Maggie Dennis. She had
> faith that, although I wasn’t an active community member, I could be taught
> to be a good community advocate. I am so proud that I proved her right. She
> taught me how to work in accordance with and to have the utmost respect for
> the wiki way. [15]
>
> Wikipedia is a miracle, a monument to altruism. It is vital to the internet
> ecosystem, and it is vital to the education system. I hope that more young
> people especially will find their way to it and help out. And when they do,
> I hope that they are met with wise mentorship from veteran community
> members, just as I was.
>
> I intend to remain a Wikipedian even after I am no longer a WMF staff
> member. And, with that promise, I’ll see you on the wikis. [16]

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Farewell <3

Nurunnaby Hasive-3
Dear Anna!
Thank you! Will miss you!

-Hasive
WMBD

On Wednesday, 10 February 2016, Bohdan Melnychuk <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]
> taught
> > to be a good community advocate. I am so proud that I proved her right.
> She
> > taught me how to work in accordance with and to have the utmost respect
> for
> > the wiki way. [15]
> >
> > Wikipedia is a miracle, a monument to altruism. It is vital to the
> internet
> > ecosystem, and it is vital to the education system. I hope that more
> young
> > people especially will find their way to it and help out. And when they
> do,
> > I hope that they are met with wise mentorship from veteran community
> > members, just as I was.
> >
> > I intend to remain a Wikipedian even after I am no longer a WMF staff
> > member. And, with that promise, I’ll see you on the wikis. [16]

Nurunnaby Chowdhury (Hasive)
@nhasive • www.fb.com/NCHasive
Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus device

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Farewell <3

Subhashish Panigrahi-4
Thanks Anna,

It was great meeting you during Wikimania. All the best for your next
venture. And glad that you'll remain a Wikimedian afterwards. Once a
Wikimedian, always a Wikimedian! :)

best,
Subha

On 2/10/2016 10:51 AM, Nurunnaby Chowdhury (Hasive) wrote:

> [...]
>> taught
>>> to be a good community advocate. I am so proud that I proved her right.
>> She
>>> taught me how to work in accordance with and to have the utmost respect
>> for
>>> the wiki way. [15]
>>>
>>> Wikipedia is a miracle, a monument to altruism. It is vital to the
>> internet
>>> ecosystem, and it is vital to the education system. I hope that more
>> young
>>> people especially will find their way to it and help out. And when they
>> do,
>>> I hope that they are met with wise mentorship from veteran community
>>> members, just as I was.
>>>
>>> I intend to remain a Wikipedian even after I am no longer a WMF staff
>>> member. And, with that promise, I’ll see you on the wikis. [16]

Best!
Subhashish Panigrahi
Programme Officer, Access To Knowledge
Centre for Internet and Society
@subhapa / https://cis-india.org

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Farewell <3

Josh Lim
Dear Anna,

I can’t thank you enough for all the work you’ve done to help us get to where we are today.  We wouldn’t have an Education Program, nor would we have been able to effectively leverage our partnership with Smart Communications here in the Philippines, if it weren’t for your efforts.  For that, Wikimedia Philippines is forever grateful.

But at the same time, as a Wikipedian, I am eternally grateful for all the advice, the stories, and lessons and, most especially, the laughs.  It was definitely awesome seeing you at Wikimania.  I was certainly hoping to see you this year if I get the chance to.  But either way, know that we will always be here for you, as we hope you will be for us.

If we had to look for examples of awesome Wikimedians, you definitely count as one.  From the bottom of my heart, thank you for everything, and we will definitely miss you.  Hopefully, somewhere, someday, our paths will cross once again.

Many hugs from Manila,

Josh

> [...]
> hands.
>
> I want to thank and compliment my hiring manager, Maggie Dennis. She had
> faith that, although I wasn’t an active community member, I could be taught
> to be a good community advocate. I am so proud that I proved her right. She
> taught me how to work in accordance with and to have the utmost respect for
> the wiki way. [15]
>
> Wikipedia is a miracle, a monument to altruism. It is vital to the internet
> ecosystem, and it is vital to the education system. I hope that more young
> people especially will find their way to it and help out. And when they do,
> I hope that they are met with wise mentorship from veteran community
> members, just as I was.
>
> I intend to remain a Wikipedian even after I am no longer a WMF staff
> member. And, with that promise, I’ll see you on the wikis. [16]

JAMES JOSHUA G. LIM
Bachelor of Arts in Political Science
Class of 2013, Ateneo de Manila University
Quezon City, Metro Manila, Philippines

[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]> | +63 (977) 831-7582
Facebook/Twitter: akiestar | Wikimedia: Sky Harbor
http://about.me/josh.lim <http://about.me/josh.lim>

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Farewell <3

Greta Doçi
Oh :( this is so sad. You were such an inspiration for me. Thank you for
everything that you have done to help Wikimedians of Albania and for me.
All the best for the future <3,
I hope to see you again.
Many hugs,
Greta

On Wed, Feb 10, 2016 at 8:16 AM, Josh Lim <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]
> > [14]
> >
> https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=File%3ACEE_2015_State_of_the_CEE_Movement_Presentation.pdf&page=28
> > [15] https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/The_wiki_way
> > [16] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Msannakoval
> >
> > --
> >
> > Anna Koval, M.Ed.
> > Manager, Wikipedia Education Program
> > Wikimedia Foundation
> > +1.415.839.6885 x 6729
> > Skype: annakoval.wiki
> > [hidden email]
> > education.wikimedia.org
> <mailto:w
>
> JAMES JOSHUA G. LIM
> Bachelor of Arts in Political Science
> Class of 2013, Ateneo de Manila University
> Quezon City, Metro Manila, Philippines
>
> [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]> | +63 (977)
> 831-7582
> Facebook/Twitter: akiestar | Wikimedia: Sky Harbor

Natalia Szafran-Kozakowska
Dear Anna! You have a great talent to inspire people. I can never tell you
how much Wikipedia magic I discovered thanks to you. You are a great
Wikipedian, a wonderful teacheer and a beautiful person. Hope that we will
still have a chance to meet on Wikimedia events.
I wish you many great adventures and I thank you for being such an
inspiration to us all.