[Wikimedia-l] Farsi Wikipedia

Mardetanha-2
I would to let everyone know, after 13 years and millions of edits, Finally
Farsi Wikipedia has reached 500,000 article. This is a very historic moment
for all us in Farsi Wikipedia.

Mardetanha

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Farsi Wikipedia

Asaf Bartov-2
Fantastic news!  Congratulations to all Farsi contributors! \o/

   A.

On Wed, Jul 27, 2016 at 11:10 AM, Mardetanha <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> I would to let everyone know, after 13 years and millions of edits, Finally
> Farsi Wikipedia has reached 500,000 article. This is a very historic moment
> for all us in Farsi Wikipedia.
>
> Mardetanha

    Asaf Bartov

https://donate.wikimedia.org

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Farsi Wikipedia

Sydney Poore
Excellent to hear! Congratulations!!

Sydney
FloNight

Sydney Poore
User:FloNight
Wiki Project Med Foundation
WikiWomen's User Group
Facebook https://www.facebook.com/sydney.e.poore

On Wed, Jul 27, 2016 at 2:10 PM, Mardetanha <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> I would to let everyone know, after 13 years and millions of edits, Finally
> Farsi Wikipedia has reached 500,000 article. This is a very historic moment
> for all us in Farsi Wikipedia.
>
> Mardetanha

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Farsi Wikipedia

Kevin Payravi
Awesome to hear, Mardentanha! Congratulations to you and the rest of the
Farsi Wikipedia editors.

Kevin Payravi
W: www.kevinpayravi.com
E: [hidden email]
P: (330) 554 - 3397

On Wed, Jul 27, 2016 at 2:13 PM, Asaf Bartov <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Fantastic news!  Congratulations to all Farsi contributors! \o/
>
>    A.
>
> On Wed, Jul 27, 2016 at 11:10 AM, Mardetanha <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > I would to let everyone know, after 13 years and millions of edits,
> Finally
> > Farsi Wikipedia has reached 500,000 article. This is a very historic
> moment
> > for all us in Farsi Wikipedia.
> >
> > Mardetanha

>     Asaf Bartov
>     Wikimedia Foundation <http://www.wikimediafoundation.org>

> https://donate.wikimedia.org

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Farsi Wikipedia

Ivan Martínez
Congratulations!

> Awesome to hear, Mardentanha! Congratulations to you and the rest of the
> Farsi Wikipedia editors.
>
> Kevin Payravi
> W: www.kevinpayravi.com
> E: [hidden email]
> P: (330) 554 - 3397
>
> On Wed, Jul 27, 2016 at 2:13 PM, Asaf Bartov <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > Fantastic news!  Congratulations to all Farsi contributors! \o/
> >
> >    A.
> >
> > On Wed, Jul 27, 2016 at 11:10 AM, Mardetanha <[hidden email]>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > I would to let everyone know, after 13 years and millions of edits,
> > Finally
> > > Farsi Wikipedia has reached 500,000 article. This is a very historic
> > moment
> > > for all us in Farsi Wikipedia.
> > >
> > > Mardetanha

> >     Asaf Bartov
> >     Wikimedia Foundation <http://www.wikimediafoundation.org>
> >
> > Imagine a world in which every single human being can freely share in the
> > sum of all knowledge. Help us make it a reality!
> > https://donate.wikimedia.org

*Iván Martínez*

*Presidente - Wikimedia México A.C.User:ProtoplasmaKid *

// Mis comunicaciones respecto a Wikipedia/Wikimedia pueden tener una
moratoria en su atención debido a que es un voluntariado.
// Ayuda a proteger a Wikipedia, dona ahora: https://donate.wikimedia.org

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Farsi Wikipedia

Cornelius Kibelka
Congratulations, great news!
!تبریک می گویم!

C.

On 27 July 2016 at 20:27, Ivan Martínez <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Congratulations!

> > Awesome to hear, Mardentanha! Congratulations to you and the rest of the
> > Farsi Wikipedia editors.
> >
> > Kevin Payravi
> > W: www.kevinpayravi.com
> > E: [hidden email]
> > P: (330) 554 - 3397
> >
> > On Wed, Jul 27, 2016 at 2:13 PM, Asaf Bartov <[hidden email]>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > Fantastic news!  Congratulations to all Farsi contributors! \o/
> > >
> > >    A.
> > >
> > > On Wed, Jul 27, 2016 at 11:10 AM, Mardetanha <
> [hidden email]>

> > > Finally
> > > moment

> > > --
> > >     Asaf Bartov
> > >     Wikimedia Foundation <http://www.wikimediafoundation.org>
> > >
> > > Imagine a world in which every single human being can freely share in
> the
> > > sum of all knowledge. Help us make it a reality!
> > > https://donate.wikimedia.org

> *Iván Martínez*
>
> *Presidente - Wikimedia México A.C.User:ProtoplasmaKid *
>
> // Mis comunicaciones respecto a Wikipedia/Wikimedia pueden tener una
> moratoria en su atención debido a que es un voluntariado.
> // Ayuda a proteger a Wikipedia, dona ahora: https://donate.wikimedia.org

Cornelius Kibelka
Program and Engagement Coordinator (PEC), GHM
for the Wikimedia Conference

Tel. (030) 219 158 26-0
http://wikimedia.de

http://spenden.wikimedia.de/

Körperschaften I Berlin, Steuernummer 27/029/42207

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Farsi Wikipedia

Ziko van Dijk-3
Hello,

Congratulations to the mile stone.

I do allow myself to ask how the 500.000 have been achieved. When I
click on Random Article, I get a certain percentage of articles of
this kind:
https://fa.wikipedia.org/wiki/%D8%AF%D9%87%D8%B3%D8%AA%D8%A7%D9%86_%D9%85%DB%8C%D8%B3%D9%88

Kind regards
Ziko

> Congratulations!

>> Awesome to hear, Mardentanha! Congratulations to you and the rest of the
>> Farsi Wikipedia editors.
>>
>> Kevin Payravi
>> W: www.kevinpayravi.com
>> E: [hidden email]
>> P: (330) 554 - 3397
>>
>> On Wed, Jul 27, 2016 at 2:13 PM, Asaf Bartov <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>
>> > Fantastic news!  Congratulations to all Farsi contributors! \o/
>> >
>> >    A.

>> > Finally
>> > moment

>> > --
>> >     Asaf Bartov
>> >     Wikimedia Foundation <http://www.wikimediafoundation.org>
>> >
>> > Imagine a world in which every single human being can freely share in the
>> > sum of all knowledge. Help us make it a reality!
>> > https://donate.wikimedia.org

> *Iván Martínez*
>
> *Presidente - Wikimedia México A.C.User:ProtoplasmaKid *
>
> // Mis comunicaciones respecto a Wikipedia/Wikimedia pueden tener una
> moratoria en su atención debido a que es un voluntariado.
> // Ayuda a proteger a Wikipedia, dona ahora: https://donate.wikimedia.org

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Farsi Wikipedia

Bodhisattwa Mandal
Congratulations to the Farsi community. Best wishes,
Congratulations!

> Awesome to hear, Mardentanha! Congratulations to you and the rest of the
> Farsi Wikipedia editors.
>
> Kevin Payravi
> W: www.kevinpayravi.com
> E: [hidden email]
> P: (330) 554 - 3397
>
> On Wed, Jul 27, 2016 at 2:13 PM, Asaf Bartov <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > Fantastic news!  Congratulations to all Farsi contributors! \o/
> >
> >    A.
> >
> > On Wed, Jul 27, 2016 at 11:10 AM, Mardetanha <[hidden email]>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > I would to let everyone know, after 13 years and millions of edits,
> > Finally
> > > Farsi Wikipedia has reached 500,000 article. This is a very historic
> > moment
> > > for all us in Farsi Wikipedia.
> > >
> > > Mardetanha

> >     Asaf Bartov
> >     Wikimedia Foundation <http://www.wikimediafoundation.org>
> >
> > Imagine a world in which every single human being can freely share in
the

> > sum of all knowledge. Help us make it a reality!
> > https://donate.wikimedia.org

*Iván Martínez*

*Presidente - Wikimedia México A.C.User:ProtoplasmaKid *

// Mis comunicaciones respecto a Wikipedia/Wikimedia pueden tener una
moratoria en su atención debido a que es un voluntariado.
// Ayuda a proteger a Wikipedia, dona ahora: https://donate.wikimedia.org

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Farsi Wikipedia

Shani Evenstein
Wonderful news! Congrats!

Shani.
On 27 Jul 2016 21:32, "Cornelius Kibelka" <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Congratulations, great news!
> !تبریک می گویم!
>
> C.
>
> On 27 July 2016 at 20:27, Ivan Martínez <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Congratulations!

> > > Awesome to hear, Mardentanha! Congratulations to you and the rest of
> the
> > > Farsi Wikipedia editors.
> > >
> > > Kevin Payravi
> > > W: www.kevinpayravi.com
> > > E: [hidden email]
> > > P: (330) 554 - 3397

> > [hidden email]>

> historic

> > the

> > *Iván Martínez*
> >
> > *Presidente - Wikimedia México A.C.User:ProtoplasmaKid *
> >
> > // Mis comunicaciones respecto a Wikipedia/Wikimedia pueden tener una
> > moratoria en su atención debido a que es un voluntariado.
> > // Ayuda a proteger a Wikipedia, dona ahora:
> https://donate.wikimedia.org

> Cornelius Kibelka
> Program and Engagement Coordinator (PEC), GHM
> for the Wikimedia Conference

> Tel. (030) 219 158 26-0
> http://wikimedia.de
>
> Stellen Sie sich eine Welt vor, in der jeder Mensch an der Menge allen
> Wissens frei teilhaben kann. Helfen Sie uns dabei!
> http://spenden.wikimedia.de/

> Körperschaften I Berlin, Steuernummer 27/029/42207

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Farsi Wikipedia

Tanweer Morshed
That's a fabulous news! Heartfelt congratulations to all the Farsi
Wikipedians :)

On Thu, Jul 28, 2016 at 12:34 AM, Shani <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Wonderful news! Congrats!
>
> Shani.
> On 27 Jul 2016 21:32, "Cornelius Kibelka" <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > Congratulations, great news!
> > !تبریک می گویم!
> >
> > C.
> >
> > On 27 July 2016 at 20:27, Ivan Martínez <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > > Congratulations!

> > the

> > > [hidden email]>

> edits,
> > historic

> in
> > > the

> > > --
> > > *Iván Martínez*
> > >
> > > *Presidente - Wikimedia México A.C.User:ProtoplasmaKid *
> > >
> > > // Mis comunicaciones respecto a Wikipedia/Wikimedia pueden tener una
> > > moratoria en su atención debido a que es un voluntariado.
> > > // Ayuda a proteger a Wikipedia, dona ahora:
> > https://donate.wikimedia.org

> > Cornelius Kibelka
> > Program and Engagement Coordinator (PEC), GHM
> > for the Wikimedia Conference
> >
> > Wikimedia Deutschland e.V. | Tempelhofer Ufer 23-24 | 10963 Berlin
> > Tel. (030) 219 158 26-0
> > http://wikimedia.de
> >
> > Stellen Sie sich eine Welt vor, in der jeder Mensch an der Menge allen
> > Wissens frei teilhaben kann. Helfen Sie uns dabei!
> > http://spenden.wikimedia.de/
> >
> > Wikimedia Deutschland - Gesellschaft zur Förderung Freien Wissens e. V.
> > Eingetragen im Vereinsregister des Amtsgerichts Berlin-Charlottenburg
> unter
> > der Nummer 23855 B. Als gemeinnützig anerkannt durch das Finanzamt für
> > Körperschaften I Berlin, Steuernummer 27/029/42207

Tanweer

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Farsi Wikipedia

Amir Sarabadani-2
We set up a page for people to send their congratulations.
https://fa.wikipedia.org/wiki/%D9%88%DB%8C%DA%A9%DB%8C%E2%80%8C%D9%BE%D8%AF%DB%8C%D8%A7:%D8%AC%D8%B4%D9%86_%DB%B5%DB%B0%DB%B0%D9%87%D8%B2%D8%A7%D8%B1%D9%85%DB%8C%D9%86_%D9%85%D9%82%D8%A7%D9%84%D9%87

The community would be happy to see congratulation from people in the
Wikimedia movement.

Cheers

On Wed, Jul 27, 2016 at 11:14 PM Tanweer Morshed <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> That's a fabulous news! Heartfelt congratulations to all the Farsi
> Wikipedians :)
>
> On Thu, Jul 28, 2016 at 12:34 AM, Shani <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Wonderful news! Congrats!
> >
> > Shani.
> > On 27 Jul 2016 21:32, "Cornelius Kibelka" <
> [hidden email]>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > Congratulations, great news!
> > > !تبریک می گویم!
> > >
> > > C.

> of
> > > the

> [hidden email]>

> > edits,
> > > historic

> share
> > in

> > > https://donate.wikimedia.org
> > > >

> > > --
> > > Cornelius Kibelka
> > > Program and Engagement Coordinator (PEC), GHM
> > > for the Wikimedia Conference
> > >
> > > Wikimedia Deutschland e.V. | Tempelhofer Ufer 23-24 | 10963 Berlin
> > > Tel. (030) 219 158 26-0
> > > http://wikimedia.de
> > >
> > > Stellen Sie sich eine Welt vor, in der jeder Mensch an der Menge allen
> > > Wissens frei teilhaben kann. Helfen Sie uns dabei!
> > > http://spenden.wikimedia.de/
> > >
> > > Wikimedia Deutschland - Gesellschaft zur Förderung Freien Wissens e. V.
> > > Eingetragen im Vereinsregister des Amtsgerichts Berlin-Charlottenburg
> > unter
> > > der Nummer 23855 B. Als gemeinnützig anerkannt durch das Finanzamt für
> > > Körperschaften I Berlin, Steuernummer 27/029/42207

> Regards,
> Tanweer

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Farsi Wikipedia

Xabier Cañas
Congratulations!!!

2016 uzt. 27 21:05 erabiltzaileak hau idatzi du ("Amir Ladsgroup" <
[hidden email]>):

> We set up a page for people to send their congratulations.
>
> https://fa.wikipedia.org/wiki/%D9%88%DB%8C%DA%A9%DB%8C%E2%80%8C%D9%BE%D8%AF%DB%8C%D8%A7:%D8%AC%D8%B4%D9%86_%DB%B5%DB%B0%DB%B0%D9%87%D8%B2%D8%A7%D8%B1%D9%85%DB%8C%D9%86_%D9%85%D9%82%D8%A7%D9%84%D9%87
>
> The community would be happy to see congratulation from people in the
> Wikimedia movement.
>
> Cheers
>
> On Wed, Jul 27, 2016 at 11:14 PM Tanweer Morshed <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > That's a fabulous news! Heartfelt congratulations to all the Farsi
> > Wikipedians :)
> >
> > On Thu, Jul 28, 2016 at 12:34 AM, Shani <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > > Wonderful news! Congrats!
> > >
> > > Shani.
> > > On 27 Jul 2016 21:32, "Cornelius Kibelka" <
> > [hidden email]>

> > of

> > [hidden email]>

> > > edits,

> > share
> > > in

> una

> allen

> V.
> > > unter
> für

> > Regards,
> > Tanweer

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Farsi Wikipedia

Pierre-Selim
This is the kind of news I like to read. Congratulations \o/

Le 27 juil. 2016 20:33, "Ziko van Dijk" <[hidden email]> a écrit :

> Hello,
>
> Congratulations to the mile stone.
>
> I do allow myself to ask how the 500.000 have been achieved. When I
> click on Random Article, I get a certain percentage of articles of
> this kind:
>
> https://fa.wikipedia.org/wiki/%D8%AF%D9%87%D8%B3%D8%AA%D8%A7%D9%86_%D9%85%DB%8C%D8%B3%D9%88
>
> Kind regards
> Ziko

> > Congratulations!

> >> Awesome to hear, Mardentanha! Congratulations to you and the rest of the
> >> Farsi Wikipedia editors.
> >>
> >> Kevin Payravi
> >> W: www.kevinpayravi.com
> >> E: [hidden email]
> >> P: (330) 554 - 3397

> [hidden email]>

> the

> > *Iván Martínez*
> >
> > *Presidente - Wikimedia México A.C.User:ProtoplasmaKid *
> >
> > // Mis comunicaciones respecto a Wikipedia/Wikimedia pueden tener una
> > moratoria en su atención debido a que es un voluntariado.
> > // Ayuda a proteger a Wikipedia, dona ahora:
> https://donate.wikimedia.org

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Farsi Wikipedia

Ramzy Muliawan
Congratulations to the Farsi community. Keep up the good work!

On 28 Jul 2016 01:10, "Mardetanha" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I would to let everyone know, after 13 years and millions of edits, Finally
> Farsi Wikipedia has reached 500,000 article. This is a very historic moment
> for all us in Farsi Wikipedia.
>
> Mardetanha

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Farsi Wikipedia

Shlomi Fish
On Wed, 27 Jul 2016 22:40:12 +0430
Mardetanha <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I would to let everyone know, after 13 years and millions of edits, Finally
> Farsi Wikipedia has reached 500,000 article. This is a very historic moment
> for all us in Farsi Wikipedia.
>
> Mardetanha

Congratulations to the Persian Wikipedia contributors on reaching this
landmark! Well done, and good luck in the future.

One small nitpick if I may:

http://behdad.org/farsi.html/

“Persian is the English word for Farsi.”

Regards,

        Shlomi Fish

*shlomif:* hack, hack, hack ; save ; make ; make test; commit. And start over.

*mrjink:* hack, hack, hack; save; make; swear; fix typos; save; make; make
test; swear some more; hack some more; save; make; make test; cheer; commit.

*meep:* hack, make, test, segfault, oh noes, revert to previous revision

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Farsi Wikipedia

Amir Sarabadani-2
I talked to Mohsen earlier and convinced him it's Persian. I hope it uses
Persian more often :D

Best

On Thu, Jul 28, 2016 at 1:25 PM Shlomi Fish <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Wed, 27 Jul 2016 22:40:12 +0430
> Mardetanha <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > I would to let everyone know, after 13 years and millions of edits,
> Finally
> > Farsi Wikipedia has reached 500,000 article. This is a very historic
> moment
> > for all us in Farsi Wikipedia.
> >
> > Mardetanha
>
> Congratulations to the Persian Wikipedia contributors on reaching this
> landmark! Well done, and good luck in the future.
>
> One small nitpick if I may:
>
> http://behdad.org/farsi.html/
>
> “Persian is the English word for Farsi.”
>
> Regards,
>
>         Shlomi Fish

> Shlomi Fish       http://www.shlomifish.org/
>
> *shlomif:* hack, hack, hack ; save ; make ; make test; commit. And start
> over.
>
> *mrjink:* hack, hack, hack; save; make; swear; fix typos; save; make; make
> test; swear some more; hack some more; save; make; make test; cheer;
> commit.
>
> *meep:* hack, make, test, segfault, oh noes, revert to previous revision

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Farsi Wikipedia

Alex Wang
Congratulations!!!

On Thu, Jul 28, 2016 at 10:15 AM, Amir Ladsgroup <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> I talked to Mohsen earlier and convinced him it's Persian. I hope it uses
> Persian more often :D
>
> Best
>
> On Thu, Jul 28, 2016 at 1:25 PM Shlomi Fish <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > On Wed, 27 Jul 2016 22:40:12 +0430
> > Mardetanha <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > > I would to let everyone know, after 13 years and millions of edits,
> > Finally
> > > Farsi Wikipedia has reached 500,000 article. This is a very historic
> > moment
> > > for all us in Farsi Wikipedia.
> > >
> > > Mardetanha
> >
> > Congratulations to the Persian Wikipedia contributors on reaching this
> > landmark! Well done, and good luck in the future.
> >
> > One small nitpick if I may:
> >
> > http://behdad.org/farsi.html/
> >
> > “Persian is the English word for Farsi.”
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> >         Shlomi Fish

> > Shlomi Fish       http://www.shlomifish.org/
> >
> > *shlomif:* hack, hack, hack ; save ; make ; make test; commit. And start
> > over.
> >
> > *mrjink:* hack, hack, hack; save; make; swear; fix typos; save; make;
> make
> > test; swear some more; hack some more; save; make; make test; cheer;
> > commit.
> >
> > *meep:* hack, make, test, segfault, oh noes, revert to previous revision

> .

Alexandra Wang
Program Officer
Community Resources
Wikimedia Foundation <http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Home>
+1 415-839-6885
Skype: alexvwang

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Farsi Wikipedia

Katherine Maher
This is wonderful, congratulations on all the hard work and achievement!

On Mon, Aug 1, 2016 at 2:02 PM, Alex Wang <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Congratulations!!!
>
> On Thu, Jul 28, 2016 at 10:15 AM, Amir Ladsgroup <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > I talked to Mohsen earlier and convinced him it's Persian. I hope it uses
> > Persian more often :D
> >
> > Best
> >
> > On Thu, Jul 28, 2016 at 1:25 PM Shlomi Fish <[hidden email]>
> > wrote:

> > > Finally
> > > moment

> > > Congratulations to the Persian Wikipedia contributors on reaching this
> > > landmark! Well done, and good luck in the future.
> > >
> > > One small nitpick if I may:
> > >
> > > http://behdad.org/farsi.html/
> > >
> > > “Persian is the English word for Farsi.”
> > >
> > > Regards,
> > >
> > >         Shlomi Fish
> > >
> > > --
> > > Shlomi Fish       http://www.shlomifish.org/
> > >
> > > *shlomif:* hack, hack, hack ; save ; make ; make test; commit. And
> start
> > > over.
> > >
> > > *mrjink:* hack, hack, hack; save; make; swear; fix typos; save; make;
> > make
> > > test; swear some more; hack some more; save; make; make test; cheer;
> > > commit.
> > >
> > > *meep:* hack, make, test, segfault, oh noes, revert to previous
> revision
> > >
> > > Please reply to list if it's a mailing list post -
> http://shlom.in/reply
> > .

> Alexandra Wang
> Program Officer
> Community Resources
> Wikimedia Foundation <http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Home>
> +1 415-839-6885
> Skype: alexvwang

Katherine Maher

Wikimedia Foundation
149 New Montgomery Street
San Francisco, CA 94105

+1 (415) 839-6885 ext. 6635
+1 (415) 712 4873

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Farsi Wikipedia

Mardetanha-2
Thanks eveyone
Please read my blog post about this milestone
https://blog.wikimedia.org/2016/08/01/digest-farsi-wikipedia-milestone/

Sent from iphone using Gmail mobile